Question on downgrade

Search This thread

elite-fusion

Sep 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I originally updated from MI1 to MJ7, which was a stupid move, but just wondering if there is anyway to downgrade back in order to have full root and benefits?

I want to restore my phone and if I can go back, that would be great, because I don't want to go forward because if there is a new upadte it would make it worse instead of better, in terms of rooting.

Please advise

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
I originally updated from MI1 to MJ7, which was a stupid move, but just wondering if there is anyway to downgrade back in order to have full root and benefits?

I want to restore my phone and if I can go back, that would be great, because I don't want to go forward because if there is a new upadte it would make it worse instead of better, in terms of rooting.

Please advise

you can root mj7 mine is

elite-fusion

Sep 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
i heard that vroot isnt a good way to go...no?

Can I install custom roms on MJ7?

what would be the best way to restore this? with a file, or just go through the settings and do a factory reset?

madtomatoes

Jul 24, 2010
i heard that vroot isnt a good way to go...no?

Can I install custom roms on MJ7?

what would be the best way to restore this? with a file, or just go through the settings and do a factory reset?

Just keep taking OTAs up to MK2 (The latest). From there you can root and install safestrap (and a safestrap compatible rom). You cannot flash AOSP roms; the bootloader is locked down post MDK. This thread is pretty much all you need http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

scryan

Oct 19, 2013

elite-fusion

Sep 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
alright, one last question because it is NOT listed in that thread,

Where can i download the mk2 to load it manually because i am not a verizon customer but have a verizon s4 which i use with tmobile so it does not allow me to do OTA because it keeps telling me that Service is temporarily unavailable.

Please advise

scryan

Oct 19, 2013

Where can i download the mk2 to load it manually because i am not a verizon customer but have a verizon s4 which i use with tmobile so it does not allow me to do OTA because it keeps telling me that Service is temporarily unavailable.

Please advise

As linked to from the provided thead Customizing your Verizon Galaxy S4 - what's possible and what's not
Has links to the updates that it is possible to flash, see the recover by reflashing stock section.
Seriously, its a pretty expensive phone and you can totally ruin it. Not a bad idea to read through that info people keep trying to give you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please advise

As linked to from the provided thead Customizing your Verizon Galaxy S4 - what's possible and what's not
    Has links to the updates that it is possible to flash, see the recover by reflashing stock section.
    Seriously, its a pretty expensive phone and you can totally ruin it. Not a bad idea to read through that info people keep trying to give you.