[Q] Blue Screen of Death Everynight on CM11M7

Search This thread
May 14, 2011
This is the weirdest behavior I have ever noted from my device. I am on the LG E975 with CyanogenMod 11 M7 release. I installed it the day it came out and it was working like a charm, no problem.

However, over the last three days I wake up every morning to find that my phone has a blue screen of death on. I am quite groggy at this point, os I haven't ever tried to read the BSOD (I'll try to tomorrow morning). I shut it down and it goes into the bootloader menu, where it asks me to choose between options like, Power Off, Fastboot, Recover Menu ... And then I can power on like nothing ever went wrong. I suppose its relevant to mention that while hitting the bed my phone is usually near a full charge (>75%) but not plugged in.

This hasn't happened during the day at all.

I do not remember installing any new apps over the last 2/3 days and the only thing that is different is that my phone is on roaming (in the same timezone).

I tried having a look a the logcat but I am no mobile device expert and the one I was able to get in the morning only contained logs from the reboot, so no information about the crash itself.. If anyone has any suggestion on how to locate the problem that would be great.

I really want to avoid a complete wipe. Thanks all.

nch26

Jun 14, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.youtube.com
This is the weirdest behavior I have ever noted from my device. I am on the LG E975 with CyanogenMod 11 M7 release. I installed it the day it came out and it was working like a charm, no problem.

However, over the last three days I wake up every morning to find that my phone has a blue screen of death on. I am quite groggy at this point, os I haven't ever tried to read the BSOD (I'll try to tomorrow morning). I shut it down and it goes into the bootloader menu, where it asks me to choose between options like, Power Off, Fastboot, Recover Menu ... And then I can power on like nothing ever went wrong. I suppose its relevant to mention that while hitting the bed my phone is usually near a full charge (>75%) but not plugged in.

This hasn't happened during the day at all.

I do not remember installing any new apps over the last 2/3 days and the only thing that is different is that my phone is on roaming (in the same timezone).

I tried having a look a the logcat but I am no mobile device expert and the one I was able to get in the morning only contained logs from the reboot, so no information about the crash itself.. If anyone has any suggestion on how to locate the problem that would be great.

I really want to avoid a complete wipe. Thanks all.

Leave a logcat here so i can help maybe.
Do you undervolt your cpu frequencys ? maybe you do it too much, or maybe overcock too much.
Also is a good idea check your app wakelock, maybe some wakelock is causing this, some app.

May 14, 2011
Leave a logcat here so i can help maybe.
Do you undervolt your cpu frequencys ? maybe you do it too much, or maybe overcock too much.
Also is a good idea check your app wakelock, maybe some wakelock is causing this, some app.

Hey,

Can you tell me how to retrieve my logcat? The one I was able to get is from the reboot in the morning.

I haven't ever played around with any sort of overclocking so that can't be it.

Can you also tell me a little more about app wakelock?

Thanks

nch26

Jun 14, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.youtube.com
Hey,

Can you tell me how to retrieve my logcat? The one I was able to get is from the reboot in the morning.

I haven't ever played around with any sort of overclocking so that can't be it.

Can you also tell me a little more about app wakelock?

Thanks
With this you can get Logcat.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238

Download wakelock detector from playstore and check how many times and what app are causing wakelocks.
Really without logcat of reboot is very hard to say.
Anyway a hard reset should fix this..