[ICS] Nyan Colonel v5 (Atarashii) Voodoo & No Voodoo

Search This thread
D

divxrippimp

Ok, thanks guys. I get all those version number things confused. I don't even know what I'm running.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
Are y'all running this with the V6/KAK/3G turbocharger scripts? I'm not sure if I should run them this time, the phone seems as responsive, if not more so, without them. But it could be that I'm running a fresh install. How's it working for you guys?

Sent from my Supercharged CMNyan Epic 4G

Agreed. This kernel runs real well AS IS..........If your signal/performance is awesome, the difference running v6 is almost neglegable..........in low-signal areas -such as where I was the last 4 days- the v6 is a mod that can make a real difference to performance.......am running v6 only at the moment + NyanColonel4.1_Atarashii + AOKP (alternately CM9beta2).

.........sent from today's android = 4.0.4

Last edited:

dps33

Oct 4, 2008
Saginaw
I am using on CM9 and works good. Using 4.0 and I haven't encountered any green flashes either. Battery life did get beeter with Nyan but wish it is like what it was with GB and 3.0

steelers_exe

Apr 9, 2011
Agreed. This kernel runs real well AS IS..........If your signal/performance is awesome, the difference running v6 is almost neglegable..........in low-signal areas -such as where I was the last 4 days- the v6 is a mod that can make a real difference to performance.......am running v6 only at the moment + NyanColonel4.1_Atarashii + AOKP (alternately CM9beta2).

.........sent from today's android = 4.0.4

Yea, looks like I'm only gonna run V6 and 3G turbo. Not gonna mess with the kernel. I just realized I have a tendency to kill the launcher -__- haha.

CASHVILLEBOS

Apr 12, 2011
Nashville
460cc4da-a418-f6ac.jpg

Such beautiful colors kudos Marcusant Kudos!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
After testing different roms, it seems the flash only happens on aokp and miui.

Edit: I will try to fix the flash another way also (2 fixes = profit?)

Edit2: I already had the second fix but will try to simplify voodoo to basically take stock and mod it instead of just doing its own thing.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

steelers_exe

Apr 9, 2011
Only .1

And btw, I restored a nandroid fine...

Yea, I've backed up and restored successfully also. I can only guess it had something to do with flashing the reloaded ics status/notification bar mod and not wiping before the restore.

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
Its been extremely laggy lately been using this v4.1 since youved released it.. I think I was the first download.. sometimes it would freeze to the point where Id have to pull the battery then outta nowhere it'd start working perfectly otherwise its amazing I have both nstools and voltage control installed with well over 100+ apps could this be the problem lol?
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Last edited:

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Its been extremely laggy lately been using this v4.1 since youved released it.. I think I was the first download.. sometimes it would freeze to the point where Id have to pull the battery then outta nowhere it'd start working perfectly otherwise its amazing I have both nstools and voltage control installed with well over 100+ apps could this be the problem lol?
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Are you overclocking or umdervolting? Liveoc?

bsinit

Mar 12, 2011
Outstanding job. I really appreciate your work. These recent leaps in development have made me and my epic happy.Also, I'm not sure why the "green flashing" started, it isnt that big of a deal to me at all. I was under the impression the green was an ICS thing. Having said that when I odined FC09 (the most recent stock tar, whichever one that is), it was giving me the same green flash. Like I said, its not a big deal to me as its trivial IMO, but I did see it before my phone was ever graced with AOKP.

swiftstrike763

Dec 30, 2011
Sorry for the noob question, I'm really out of it right now not to mention I'm exhausted, but is this only compatible for a certain few roms? Thanks.

swiftstrike763

Dec 30, 2011
So I flashed this kernel after restoring my nandroid of CM9B2 and I don't think it did anything. I didn't see any changes so I figured I must have done something wrong, anyone know what's going on? Sorry if this is so noobish you almost pass out:p

edit: Was I supposed to gapps?!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please try shadow, samurai, and stock kernels also for a bit to see what one you like best! Don't choose a kernel because everyone else likes it or because it has a long feature list and fancy new shiny things.

6b32ae90-01ca-47b8.jpg

This is a kernel, not a full ROM... please use AOKP, MIUI4, or CM9 with this...

Atarashii - New/Fresh - This kernel was made to revolutionize what all of the current 'normal' Epic kernels have. I have added in tweaks and mods that were never before seen on the Epic, long forgotten, and from other devices such as the Nexus S and i9000.

Hopefully (probably) most other kernel developers will implement these new features and help keep the Epic current.

I prefer that you use NSTools to overclock and undervolt and do other tweaks. It is more featured than Voltage Control and this kernel supports it better. Voltage Control works fine too but I recommend uninstalling all cpu tools you have and installing NSTools.

I am not responsible to ANYTHING that happens to you or your phone as a result of using this kernel. Most things in this are experimental to a point but have been tested and confirmed safe.

Some of these features have NEVER been used before on the Epic, so don't expect everything that you are used to. Things can and will be different than usual.

Feature List

• Voodoo Sound v10 by Supercurio
    • Voodoo Color by Supercurio
    • Optimized compiler flags by netarchy and Ezekeel
    • Live OC (on the fly bus overclock) by Ezekeel (Use NSTools app, not voltage control)
    • Custom Undervolt by Ezekeel (Use NSTools app, not voltage control)
    • Misc. bugfixes
    • Battery Life eXtender (BLX) v1 by Ezekeel
    • OS tools compiled with O3
    • Swappiness set to 10 from 60 (Rodderik)
    • Voodoo mDNIe (keeps text sharp and backgrounds don't look like crap)
    • Defconfig tweaks
    • Overclocking (no need for enabling crap in Voltage Control)
    • Undervolting both via Voltage Control and NSTools (Ezekeel & nubecoder)
    • Tweaked ondemand
    • Tweaked conservative
    • Optimized SIO
    • Optimized deadline
    • Added TINY_PREEMPT_RCU
    • Added optimized CRC32 algorithm
    • Optimized ARM RWSEM algorithm
    • JHash 3
    • Added SLQB memory allocator
    • Add 3 Button Reboot
    • Increase default readahead to 1024kB
    • Voodoo Color defaults that do not suck
    • Allow CPU-supported unaligned accesses
    • Some SD/MMC tweaks (might reduce wakelocks)
    • mDNIe is enabled but tweaked to look good
    • Swag

Major thanks

• Ezekeel
    • Team Glitch
    • Epiccm team
    • bbelos
    • nubecoder
    • nullghost
    • rodderik
    • supercurio
    • Aprosamurai
    • thomasskull666
    • Many many others

Source
    https://github.com/marcusant/Atarashii

Download
    v5 w/ Voodoo: http://marcusant.com/nyankernel/epic/nyan_v5_perm.zip
    a0e5cca4fdc856c4468f8188e5d0c871

v5 w/o Voodoo: http://marcusant.com/nyankernel/epic/nyan_v5_perm_noVoodoo.zip
    ce52381883c180a09aefb2e3e427e730

Replace TWRP with CWM (flash within TWRP with inject off): http://marcusant.com/android/epic/restore-cwm.zip
    Changelog​

v5 WiP
    -Update to beta3 of cm9
    -Change DVFS relayed things
    -Cypress touch key fixes
    -Update to kernel 2.35.13 (still listed as .7)
    -Switch to git SHA1
    -Add boot progress bar
    -Switch to crespo mdnie
    -Reduce log buffer size
    -Battery updates from infuse
    -KSM
    -ULP_FREQ lowered to 400mhz
    -Sysfs control for capacitive lights
    -Glibc versions of string and memcopy
    -Add proportional rate reduction
    -Fix Google Maps
    -Increase USB strength
    -More

v4.1
    -Fix green flashing to some extent

v4.2
    -Add TWRP (may go back to CWM) (Dees-Troy)

v4.3
    -Add some misc stuff
    -Switched to voodoo color settings from bbelos
    -Fixed some sleeping stuff and 100mhz (mkasick)
    -Increase USB strength
    -Add sysfs control for softkeys (bbelos)
    -Update to current beta3 of CM9 (still works on AOKP and older CM9 builds)
    -Fixed GMaps​
    Please uninstall NSTools if you have deep sleep issues and use Voltage Control.

Hehe...this sounds kinda like those medication commercials with all the side effects that seem much worse than what you're trying to treat in the first place:

"Ask your doctor about Nyan Colonel. Tell your doctor if you see flashes of green when you open your eyes, as this could be a serious eyeball gamma problem. Don't take Nyan Colonel if you have liver, kidney, or colon problems or if you have deep sleep issues. Side effects include overclocking, snappy menu response, increased battery life, and spontaneous fits of laughter when hearing the phrase "I love my iPhone"

You have to remember that I am not making this for YOU or even the community. I make this for MYSELF...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2