[Q] What do I want to do, root or new image?

Search This thread

themarker0

Jan 24, 2013
Hey all, need some advice here. Got a i317m (Telus, Canada, but it's the same as this so I figured I'd ask) and I miss the hidden apps feature that got lost in an update. I need to hide apps from the launcher, so many useless apps or apps I need once in a while but it's useless to in stall every two weeks, and of course, banking apps.

I saw an app hider in the store that requires a rooted phone.
I've been told I can add a custom launcher, but I'm not sure if that gets rid of the current ones.
And then I can put a custom rom on, or an older one.

Here is what I'm asking, which is the easiest, because I tried to put Cyangenmod and it just wouldn't go for some reason. It's out of warranty so I don't really care. ^__^.

ojai00

Jul 6, 2010
New York
Hey all, need some advice here. Got a i317m (Telus, Canada, but it's the same as this so I figured I'd ask) and I miss the hidden apps feature that got lost in an update. I need to hide apps from the launcher, so many useless apps or apps I need once in a while but it's useless to in stall every two weeks, and of course, banking apps.

I saw an app hider in the store that requires a rooted phone.
I've been told I can add a custom launcher, but I'm not sure if that gets rid of the current ones.
And then I can put a custom rom on, or an older one.

Here is what I'm asking, which is the easiest, because I tried to put Cyangenmod and it just wouldn't go for some reason. It's out of warranty so I don't really care. ^__^.

Custom launchers like Nova and Apex run as an additional option and do not replace the stock launcher. You can always uninstall it if you don't like it. I just checked my stock TouchWiz launcher on ezKAT and have the ability to hide applications. I haven't run a stock ROM so don't know if that option is hidden there somewhere in the app drawer.

themarker0

Jan 24, 2013
re

Custom launchers like Nova and Apex run as an additional option and do not replace the stock launcher. You can always uninstall it if you don't like it. I just checked my stock TouchWiz launcher on ezKAT and have the ability to hide applications. I haven't run a stock ROM so don't know if that option is hidden there somewhere in the app drawer.

It was removed as a feature in an update. Heavily made me sad.