Sending phone in for fix up. Need help.

Search This thread

lreyes

Jun 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Samsung Galaxy S22
Hey,
Well my phones digitizer is failing and is very sensitive. If I press hard enough it'll make some dead pixels. The screen is also out of place on the phone. The top right corner of the screen is inside of the frame. If I send my phone in will it give me my EVO back or a newer phone like everyone was talking about in that on thread?
Would they care if its S-off? And rooted?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Hey,
Well my phones digitizer is failing and is very sensitive. If I press hard enough it'll make some dead pixels. The screen is also out of place on the phone. The top right corner of the screen is inside of the frame. If I send my phone in will it give me my EVO back or a newer phone like everyone was talking about in that on thread?
Would they care if its S-off? And rooted?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Who are you sending it to? Sprint or HTC?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
The issue of the phone being rooted and S-off seems to vary. I've seen some people mention that Sprint didn't care, while others mentioned having issues getting Sprint to fix or replace devices based on the fact that it's rooted. As far as whether or not you'll get your phone back or get another EVO LTE, I'm not sure how that works. When my wife had her S2 the power button went bad and I took it to Sprint, who replaced it with another S2.

Reactions: lreyes

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
Probably replaced with an EVO LTE as they still have em in stock and you can even still purchase one for free with a contract. I suggest taking it in to Sprint first before doing the Asurion deductible. Sometimes they replace free of charge. Ps deductible is actually $150, I had to get one myself a while back..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: lreyes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The issue of the phone being rooted and S-off seems to vary. I've seen some people mention that Sprint didn't care, while others mentioned having issues getting Sprint to fix or replace devices based on the fact that it's rooted. As far as whether or not you'll get your phone back or get another EVO LTE, I'm not sure how that works. When my wife had her S2 the power button went bad and I took it to Sprint, who replaced it with another S2.

Probably replaced with an EVO LTE as they still have em in stock and you can even still purchase one for free with a contract. I suggest taking it in to Sprint first before doing the Asurion deductible. Sometimes they replace free of charge. Ps deductible is actually $150, I had to get one myself a while back..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app