(ROM)(AOSP) Team Gummy-Weekly

Search This thread

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
GUMMY

Gummy ROM is made for speed, stability and to stay as closely in line with AOSP as possible while still supporting a large amount of devices and giving you all of the features you love. It isn’t slowed down by features you’ll never use nor is it so slim as to be just another AOSP build.

Features:

* New base built from AOSP
* Status Bar Mods
* Theme Manager
* Hardware Key Mod
* Lock Screen Mod
* Many Wallpapers
* Performance Control
* Application Permission Controls
* Carrier Label Options
* Background Style
* Lock clock widget

Instructions for installations:
DO NOT USE TWRP. ONLY THE LATEST CLOCKWORK MOD
1. Download ROM
2. Download Gapps
3. Push to sdcard
4. Reboot Recovery
5. Wipe Data and Cache
6. Install ROM
7. Install Gapps
8. Reboot System

Contributions:

* Thank you to Cyanogenmod for device and hardware repositories. Without this, porting Gummy to QCOM devices would have been nearly impossible.
* Thank you to Google for the best source code.
* androidfilehost.com for hosting our file servers!
*Thank you to rhcp and the other developers at #lg-g2-dev for helping bring this device up to 4.4. It was a group effort.

Team Members: In alphabetical order

Primary Developers:
Cphelps76, Kejar31

Developers and Device Maintainers:
Bkjolly, BytecodeMe, DHacker27, Hashcode, NoCoast, Papi92, TDM, Xoomdev, Thomas.Raines, Inkslinger666

Artwork direction and development
ChadFrankos, Cphelps76, Kejar31

GitHub https://github.com/TEAM-Gummy
Gerrit http://review.gummyrom.com/#/q/status:open,n,z

Download Links and changelog located in post 2

Last edited:

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Downloads, Changelog and Bug Tracker

Downloads
For a complete list of changes:
gummyrom

Gummy-M1.2-03-07-14-WEEKLY-skyrocket.zip
Upstream maintenance...
Loads of fixes and updates. Check out the gummyrom link above for more details

Gummy-M.1-02-17-14-WEEKLY-skyrocket.zip
Fix bootloop issue in kernel
Merged with upstream. Looks like we are going to be moving to milestone 2 soon.

Gummy-M.1-02-09-14-WEEKLY-skyrocket.zip
Officially supported
Starting weekly updates
Gummy interface got a MAJOR overhaul, init.d scripts added to interface, and much more.
Kernel improvements. For more details Skyrocket Lightning Zap! kernel
Should get notification via goo app. Note that sometimes it times out while downloading. This is on the goo server side. To help avoid this, make sure you are using WiFi instead of network, and try downloading during non-peak hours like early morning.

Gummy-M.1-01-29-14-UNOFFICIAL-skyrocket.zip
A few upstream updates
Lightning Zap! kernel version now at 4.4-4
Removed mpdecision from kernel. Testing battery life and low latency issues
Check out the LockClock updates. Updated with upstream and has 5 day popup after tapping on weather in widget
Let me know if you guys get the update notification from goo

Gummy-M.1-01-24-14-UNOFFICIAL-skyrocket.zip
Initial build for the Skyrocket. Milestone 1 v4.4.2
Includes and always will include the latest version of Lightning Zap! kernel

Bug Tracker
Camcorder is broke

Hopefully goo.im will work for update notifications on next build

Last edited:

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Any of you guys that have windows on your computer, head over to my Lightning Zap! kernel thread and check out the True CD-ROM emulation info I have in the 2nd post. Let me know if and how it works please...

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
New thread with promise, only a few posters in here, be nice, or be prepared to deal with PM's from me.

Respect in posts is a requirement of being a member, if you cannot do that, log off and go to social media.

Back to respectful development...

Reactions: alanjames01

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
I have no idea who's responsible for moto x gummy but WiFi is borked for the 1058 on the latest nightly, it boots and looks fantastic, appreciate any help

Sent on my Moto X

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
I would but unfortunately the developer has not opened a thread for the moto gummy ROM, so I was hoping for a helpful response. Been around xda awhile and I know the rules

Sent on my Moto X

Find dhacker and tell him. Oh and wifi got broke for moto's on all builds... but please keep other devices in their respective forum, or use pm...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Update
Download link here shortly...
Hopefully, you guys will get a notification from the goo app that there is an update. If not, let me know...

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Update available
Now that I have the Skyrocket officially supported, I will be posting weekly updates. Goo app seems to be working well, but be aware the download sometimes times out, especially during peak times. Always download on wif connection (if you can) and try to download the updates during off peak hours. It's the goo servers, and when they are backed up, we all suffer...lol

Enjoy folks!

err1max1

Feb 9, 2013
Glad to see Skyrocket is officially supported.
I used 1-01-24-14-UNOFFICIAL for about two weeks and only issue was randomly screen will take long time to turn on.
It happened couple of times also with incoming calls. The ringtone will start but after ~10 secs still nothing on the screen.
Recently moved to 1-01-29-14-UNOFFICIAL and haven't had this problem any more.
I'll try the weekly.

Great work, thanks.

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Glad to see Skyrocket is officially supported.
I used 1-01-24-14-UNOFFICIAL for about two weeks and only issue was randomly screen will take long time to turn on.
It happened couple of times also with incoming calls. The ringtone will start but after ~10 secs still nothing on the screen.
Recently moved to 1-01-29-14-UNOFFICIAL and haven't had this problem any more.
I'll try the weekly.

Great work, thanks.
That was kernel related bug. Depending on which gov/scheduler you use, occasionally there was a horrible lag when coming out of deep sleep after the battery level dropped below 75%. But it was so intermittent, I though I was the only one having the problem...lol

err1max1

Feb 9, 2013
It happened again on 1-01-29-14-UNOFFICIAL. Call comes in, ringtone play and nothing on the screen until I manually turn it on by pressing the power button.
I'm using "Interactive" scheduler.
Will the latest Weekly bring any benefit?

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
It happened again on 1-01-29-14-UNOFFICIAL. Call comes in, ringtone play and nothing on the screen until I manually turn it on by pressing the power button.
I'm using "Interactive" scheduler.
Will the latest Weekly bring any benefit?
Interactive is the governor. If that's the governor you're using, I would recommend switching the scheduler to noop.
I would also flash the latest version (Weekly) as it includes some kernel fixes that addresses issues like this...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUMMY

Gummy ROM is made for speed, stability and to stay as closely in line with AOSP as possible while still supporting a large amount of devices and giving you all of the features you love. It isn’t slowed down by features you’ll never use nor is it so slim as to be just another AOSP build.

Features:

* New base built from AOSP
    * Status Bar Mods
    * Theme Manager
    * Hardware Key Mod
    * Lock Screen Mod
    * Many Wallpapers
    * Performance Control
    * Application Permission Controls
    * Carrier Label Options
    * Background Style
    * Lock clock widget

Instructions for installations:
    DO NOT USE TWRP. ONLY THE LATEST CLOCKWORK MOD
    1. Download ROM
    2. Download Gapps
    3. Push to sdcard
    4. Reboot Recovery
    5. Wipe Data and Cache
    6. Install ROM
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot System

Contributions:

* Thank you to Cyanogenmod for device and hardware repositories. Without this, porting Gummy to QCOM devices would have been nearly impossible.
    * Thank you to Google for the best source code.
    * androidfilehost.com for hosting our file servers!
    *Thank you to rhcp and the other developers at #lg-g2-dev for helping bring this device up to 4.4. It was a group effort.

Team Members: In alphabetical order

Primary Developers:
    Cphelps76, Kejar31

Developers and Device Maintainers:
    Bkjolly, BytecodeMe, DHacker27, Hashcode, NoCoast, Papi92, TDM, Xoomdev, Thomas.Raines, Inkslinger666

Artwork direction and development
    ChadFrankos, Cphelps76, Kejar31

GitHub https://github.com/TEAM-Gummy
    Gerrit http://review.gummyrom.com/#/q/status:open,n,z

Download Links and changelog located in post 2
    Downloads, Changelog and Bug Tracker

Downloads
    For a complete list of changes:
    gummyrom

Gummy-M1.2-03-07-14-WEEKLY-skyrocket.zip
    Upstream maintenance...
    Loads of fixes and updates. Check out the gummyrom link above for more details

Gummy-M.1-02-17-14-WEEKLY-skyrocket.zip
    Fix bootloop issue in kernel
    Merged with upstream. Looks like we are going to be moving to milestone 2 soon.

Gummy-M.1-02-09-14-WEEKLY-skyrocket.zip
    Officially supported
    Starting weekly updates
    Gummy interface got a MAJOR overhaul, init.d scripts added to interface, and much more.
    Kernel improvements. For more details Skyrocket Lightning Zap! kernel
    Should get notification via goo app. Note that sometimes it times out while downloading. This is on the goo server side. To help avoid this, make sure you are using WiFi instead of network, and try downloading during non-peak hours like early morning.

Gummy-M.1-01-29-14-UNOFFICIAL-skyrocket.zip
    A few upstream updates
    Lightning Zap! kernel version now at 4.4-4
    Removed mpdecision from kernel. Testing battery life and low latency issues
    Check out the LockClock updates. Updated with upstream and has 5 day popup after tapping on weather in widget
    Let me know if you guys get the update notification from goo

Gummy-M.1-01-24-14-UNOFFICIAL-skyrocket.zip
    Initial build for the Skyrocket. Milestone 1 v4.4.2
    Includes and always will include the latest version of Lightning Zap! kernel

Bug Tracker
    Camcorder is broke

Hopefully goo.im will work for update notifications on next build
    Update available
    Now that I have the Skyrocket officially supported, I will be posting weekly updates. Goo app seems to be working well, but be aware the download sometimes times out, especially during peak times. Always download on wif connection (if you can) and try to download the updates during off peak hours. It's the goo servers, and when they are backed up, we all suffer...lol

Enjoy folks!
    Everything works fine ... very good battery life.
    The only issue I'm facing is that it appears to be very slow to recover from deep sleep.
    I had already few cases in which I receive a call ... ringtone plays ... screen black after several secs.
    I'm currently using Interactive/noop.

Try ondemand

SGH-I727 Peace
    I would but unfortunately the developer has not opened a thread for the moto gummy ROM, so I was hoping for a helpful response. Been around xda awhile and I know the rules

Sent on my Moto X

Find dhacker and tell him. Oh and wifi got broke for moto's on all builds... but please keep other devices in their respective forum, or use pm...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app