Need help on fixing my phone

Search This thread

Rexxe

Jan 3, 2011
Hello,

My phone seems to be soft locked as I can get into Download mode just fine, but that's it. I honestly cannot remember how I got to this state, but I will say that the latest KitKat OTA failed on my phone and I think it messed things up. I've read and tried every solution posted in these forums and nothing is flashing in ODIN. My bootloader is definitely locked as when I try to flash anything, it fails at aboot.mbn and then I get the FAIL! (Auth) message. I have tried with and without a PIT and I also re-partitioned just with the PIT.

This is what my phone is displaying:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I535
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 2

After attempting a flash I get the common:

SW REV CHECK FAIL : Fused 2 > Binary 1

Before I re-partitioned the ODIN mode was showing the other flags like WARRANTY BIT and what not, but now it's not, so I don't know what that means or if I royally screwed it up. Is there any workaround to get the stock ROM on this thing? Luckily I have another phone, so I'm not panicking.

The last resort is to try the hard brick method, but the problem is that the phone is clearly not hard bricked as it's entering the Download mode fine. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should try?

Thanks!