[Off Topic Lounge] Collection of random thoughts

Search This thread

39FarmallM

Jun 15, 2011
Pt Pleasant, WV
I would like to say a few words:

Forsooth, moot, behoove and capitulate.

Prosylatize, ruminations and renumerate...

and lets not forget: epiphany.

Interesting choice of words. I'd ask if you could use them in a sentence, but I am afraid that you would. :)

Thanks, Mods, for opening up a spot to play in.

Sent when I should be doing something else, using XDA App

nhshah7

Feb 14, 2009
Boston
Beautiful weather up in Boston today... Speeding down mass pike with the windows down and the music up. So nice out! Wish we could send you the night of rain we had a couple nights ago.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

mudknot2005

Feb 23, 2011
Corsicana, Tx
Beautiful weather up in Boston today... Speeding down mass pike with the windows down and the music up. So nice out! Wish we could send you the night of rain we had a couple nights ago.

I wish we could of got it, starting to feel like I am in a desert. We just had almost a month of 100 degree weather with no rain, which I think broke a 50 year old record. The next week is supposed to be 107-110ish with out heat index.

Any one else been look at the new scion frs with rwd and the subie engine? Thinking that is going to be my next car.

anudist

Dec 30, 2010
South Jordan, UT
Any one else been look at the new scion frs with rwd and the subie engine? Thinking that is going to be my next car.

This guy has been. I've been considering it, except I'd be getting the Subaru version. I've had a WRX for the last 7 years, and I've been wanting to try something sportier and RWD since I do SCCA racing on occasion. Then again, I have my eye on a WRX for a V8 swap as well.... Me thinks the wife will make me pick one...

At any rate, I'm really eager to see performance figures.

mudknot2005

Feb 23, 2011
Corsicana, Tx
This guy has been. I've been considering it, except I'd be getting the Subaru version. I've had a WRX for the last 7 years, and I've been wanting to try something sportier and RWD since I do SCCA racing on occasion. Then again, I have my eye on a WRX for a V8 swap as well.... Me thinks the wife will make me pick one...

At any rate, I'm really eager to see performance figures.

well they ate saying the scion version will run around 200rwhp and the subie will be running around 250rwhp. My guess is the subie will be turboed, but I can see scion having a Ted Turbo kit option so I could see the scion having more horse power off the car lot. Though 200hp out of a flat four is pretty insane. Its also gonna have the dv4 injection, 8 injectors

Nickovtyme

Jan 19, 2011
a6849deb-8e92-a818.jpg

It's so hot I just seen the devil eating a popsicle while standing in the shade over here.

nhshah7

Feb 14, 2009
Boston
[Android, iOS, BB] Zazu Mornings helps you start your day!

Hey guys,

127 degrees is freaking hot! best of luck staying cool!

anyways, wanted to share with you something i posted in the software section of the xda forum here. I'm starting med school next week, but for part of my summer, I worked at my brother's company Zazu. As a result, I want to share with you guys something that I/we have spent a lot of time and effort on. I have reposted the announcement below. Let me know what you guys think and please feel free to try it out!

Hi guys,

I posted several months ago about a program called Zazu Alarms. Since then, we have been hard at work at polishing the program and releasing it on new platforms. Zazu is an application that knows you. It reads your weather, your schedule, your local deals, your news, and more!

Today, we are proud to announce that Zazu Mornings is now available on iOS (iPhone/iPad), Blackberry, and Android. You can download it from our website, and be sure to check us out on facebook, and twitter!

Here is some more information about Zazu:

. Ever woken up wondering what’s in store for the day? We all suffer from this digital dependency that drives how we make decisions, who we meet, what we buy and even how we feel.
. We live a world where we rely on unintelligent apps to tell us what’s next. The mail app only shows you mail, the calendar app only shows you the day’s meetings; the maps application still doesn’t know you’re heading to your next meeting. It’s like having an assistant who can only do one thing at a time.
. Zazu provides integrated access to your personal information, helping you make informed decisions. We integrate with your calendar, weather, traffic, news, and internet content that’s most important to you. Instead of just giving you one piece of data, we intelligently layer it together, helping you spend less time forging through different apps.
. Our technology should work for us and we don’t believe it’s too much to ask for. It’s time for apps to become smarter. It’s time to think less and do more.

Thanks for taking the time to check this out, and please feel free to try it out (Android and iOS versions are free!) and post your feedback here. We love feedback :)

Happy Zazu'ing!

zazu_logo.png

Last edited:

jharris217

Nov 22, 2010
Phoenix
i like it, the only problem is the uploads to the cloud is really slow (part my qwest isp, part google) other than that i can get any of my music anywhere!!

My question for the off topic - My wife and I are going to Vegas in a couple of weeks - any suggestions for some cheap or free fun?

mudknot2005

Feb 23, 2011
Corsicana, Tx
i like it, the only problem is the uploads to the cloud is really slow (part my qwest isp, part google) other than that i can get any of my music anywhere!!

My question for the off topic - My wife and I are going to Vegas in a couple of weeks - any suggestions for some cheap or free fun?

Go see the jabawockeees

stonewallmike

Aug 5, 2010

Vegas = get drunk, walk around and gamble your money away. That can be fun, but for me, only for a day or two at a time.

As far as Google Music, I just can't use my phone as a pmp. I plan on it, and try to, but I need my phone to last all day, and playing music erases that possibility.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After talking to conantroutman for a bit, he has given me permission to start this off topic lounge. To me this will make us inspire users "bond" more lol, instead of being with everyone else that uses this site. Conantroutman will sticky the thread and include ground rules to it. Please lets respect the rules that are given so that the thread remains opened. Enjoy guys :D

Off Topic IS NOT:

* /b/
    * License to be mean to stupid people
    * License to be mean to smart people
    * Exempt from any if the FORUM RULES

Off-Topic IS:

* Still part of the community
    * Subject to the FORUM RULES, just as any other thread in XDA
    * Fun
    * A thread to post whatever you want so long as it doesn't make anyone cry

What's everyone's plan for the weekend?
    Well, I was going to add some ground rules into your OP but I think you've got it covered :D

Most people are well aware of the forum rules and if they arent then they will unstuck whether its in this thread or not.

Remember folks, stick to the rules. WE ARE WATCHING!:cool:

Okay then, back off topic please :p
    Ok guys just wanted to pop in,and say that I hope you guys like your place to blow off steam.

As for the rules we all should know them so I wont bother reposting them. As some of you know me from the captivate I will follow suite here. Yes this is off topic but keep it nice and clean. If you wouldn't want your kids reading it then don't post it. Now back to you regular scheduled off topic thread.
    Well, I was going to add some ground rules into your OP but I think you've got it covered :D

Most people are well aware of the forum rules and if they arent then they will unstuck whether its in this thread or not.

Remember folks, stick to the rules. WE ARE WATCHING!:cool:

Okay then, back off topic please :p

Just want to say I am enjoying the change of regime. You all are really mod'ing it up, and it is an improvement. Thank you.
    I love my mommy