HTC One X VS OUR Nexus?

Search This thread

lazaro17

Jan 10, 2009
Miami, FL
No disrespect to anyone here, but why are people surprised and shocked when newer tech comes out that trumps older tech? I'm not specifically saying the One X makes the Nexus outdated, I haven't researched it much, but isn't this the way tech works? If you're worried about it go out and buy the hot new thing, I'm sure looking forward to the 5.0 Nexus.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Exactly...and those who get the One X will be making a thread a few months later with "______ vs One X"

You guys should watch Transcendent Man with Ray Kurzweil on Netflix. Basically says since we are always using the latest (better technology) to create new technology the speed of our innovation is constantly accelerating faster than before.

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
I find it funny when people here say that they got VANILLA ICS and that They wud get jellybean down the year....I mean cmon everyone knows HTC ONE X [which is already rooted] will be getting all those through custom ROMS and will definetly be smoking GN...only diff is urs will be official...and btw most GN users use Custom roms only! :D

And again those saying SGS3 will beat ONE X...seriously?? without even knowing about its specs and how it will perform in REAL WORLD? :confused: That is just an assumption...Also the build quality comes into consideration and sammy [SGS 2 , GN] hassnt been good lately..PLASTICKY! but i m not assuming SGS3 will be the same...just like how some are assuming it wud smoke ONE X :p

j.go

Nov 18, 2010
I find it funny when people here say that they got VANILLA ICS and that They wud get jellybean down the year....I mean cmon everyone knows HTC ONE X [which is already rooted] will be getting all those through custom ROMS and will definetly be smoking GN...only diff is urs will be official...and btw most GN users use Custom roms only! :D

There is a huge difference. Nexus custom roms use official drivers whereas htc one x/sgs3 aosp custom roms will be using drivers for sense/touchwiz HACKED to work on aosp, if they are able to use it at all. The original sgs was an exception because it was the hardware twin of the nexus s. As for the one x "smoking" the GN, well that will probably be true for the newer games, but in other more practical aspects like web surfing, email, calls, sms, music, etc, I suspect there won't be any noticeable difference.

Now that I've had a nexus device, I don't think I'll ever go back to touchwiz/blur/sense. I'm only waiting for the nexus tablet to be released so that I can give google my money. :D

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA

GoogleFan

Sep 20, 2011
New Jersey
I am only buying nexus devices from here on out.I have T-Mobile and I have been burned by both Samsung and HTC in relation to software updates I also hold T-Mobile responsible to share the blame. And I do prefer aosp over touchwiz or sense. While you can argue that the said device get aosp builds through custom roms it often take months and initially in alpha and unstable condition due to manufacturer/carrier not providing source in timely fashion and devs needing to work around the way the software is built around the said hardware manufacturers GUI.

loveact

Sep 22, 2010
Jakarta

And again those saying SGS3 will beat ONE X...seriously?? without even knowing about its specs and how it will perform in REAL WORLD? :confused: That is just an assumption...Also the build quality comes into consideration and sammy [SGS 2 , GN] hassnt been good lately..PLASTICKY! but i m not assuming SGS3 will be the same...just like how some are assuming it wud smoke ONE X :p

have you seen one X drop test video and any other shattered screen with just light drop (with screen face down)?
not to mention the screen flickering defect of one X etc etc etc
questionable build quality of htc..

Last edited:

loveact

Sep 22, 2010
Jakarta
Why yes, I have. At 3:40.

exactly :D
that's why build quality is not the same as the screen. so why bother make gimmick about powerful build quality blah blah blah if the screen can be shattered with small accident like that? :D

well yes,samsung's build quality is plasticky,that's why i use case protector like otterbox to protect it. since i don't want my screen shattered because i know some people use their phone naked and blabbering about "awesome" build quality :rolleyes:

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
By build quality i meant the overLl quality..the feel of the phone with that Polycarbonate design is just awesome on HOX..i held it yesterday and the sgs2 and GN plastics feel just too underwhelming!
And regarding AOSP builds...it doesnt matter...they will run smooth on that awesome hardware nonethless..it will be the same as using an official update with maybe some sense feature here or there :D

cHarOn99

Aug 28, 2008
yeah my galaxy s runs also smooth with the ics builds, but it took very long to get there, but the biggest issue is with all that custom builds, because they had to reverse engineer the drivers, the battery live sucks. I will never go back again to such an device as long as I can get a nexus, were I have the guarantee that we get the drivers to make a real aosp with good experience and good battery life.

Its simple, on the sgs I had to flash I think 1000 times and i was never fully happy, on the nexus I can flash any custom rom and all just works great, and that is since the nexus is on the market, so I bought the nexus and flashed aokp because I like the features it has and stay with it since then.

About HTC great build quality I can only say pffffft no thanks, i had 2 HTC phones in my life, on both the build quality sucked, if I read now the one x reviews, then I think it is still the same, it is not good. Even my Galaxy S looks after 1 1/2 year better then my HTC phones looked after 4 months.

But if you like the one x then get it and enjoy it, I think it is your decision and it need to be good for you and not for anyone else.

Last edited:

moeozman

Jun 10, 2010
"IF" in 6 months Jelly beans 5.0 dropped with support to "Tasks Grid" view like (Maemo & Meego), you all gonna appreciate those extra cores ;)

novo2393

Apr 20, 2012
glasgow
not for me

All they done was usebold chip and make it quad core, samsung have a chip thats dual core but 30% more efficient than those in sgsII . Il wait for dual core A15 cortex

lazaro17

Jan 10, 2009
Miami, FL
As far as build quality goes I think HTC does a better job. I went from a Nexus One to a Galaxy Nexus and while I greatly appreciate both phones the nexus one just felt way better in hand. Not to mention I had two defective galaxy nexus units before I found one defect free (third times a charm). I haven't held a one x or one s yet but it just seems like HTC puts more focus into design and materials used.

Both companies have their strengths.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dplate07

May 2, 2009
Singapore
People in this forum has been saying nexus is future proof... but I think its only relevant to the yakju. Look at those yakjuxw devices,haven't even been upgraded to 4.0.4...

Disappointing...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Awesome thread. I prefer the nexus right now. Maybe when the one XL comes out with the snapdragon S4 processor things might change. But honestly the galaxy nexus offers more than enough power and a great android 4.0 experience. Yes the one x has better specs but it has sense which causes lots of issues. I know every phone that gets released comes out with its own share of issues, but the one x being the first quad core phone to hit the market and everything you would expect better performance. Instead it is plagued with lots of bugs (go check the one x forum) screen flickering, sense crashing and reloading every time you exit an app, horrible battery life a so on. Not every users have those issues but the majority of them do. In my opinion it isn't worth upgrading bow. Maybe in a couple of months when they have great kernels and roms. The nexus is very stable, awesome roms and kernels, latest updates, its cheaper too. I honestly think a new buyer would be better off buying a nexus today.

loveact

Sep 22, 2010
Jakarta
People in this forum has been saying nexus is future proof... but I think its only relevant to the yakju. Look at those yakjuxw devices,haven't even been upgraded to 4.0.4...

Disappointing...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

that's the reason you read the posts in XDA, to ensure you have the latest OS
after all,you have the google developer phone,not for the casual user.

Awesome thread. I prefer the nexus right now. Maybe when the one XL comes out with the snapdragon S4 processor things might change. But honestly the galaxy nexus offers more than enough power and a great android 4.0 experience. Yes the one x has better specs but it has sense which causes lots of issues. I know every phone that gets released comes out with its own share of issues, but the one x being the first quad core phone to hit the market and everything you would expect better performance. Instead it is plagued with lots of bugs (go check the one x forum) screen flickering, sense crashing and reloading every time you exit an app, horrible battery life a so on. Not every users have those issues but the majority of them do. In my opinion it isn't worth upgrading bow. Maybe in a couple of months when they have great kernels and roms. The nexus is very stable, awesome roms and kernels, latest updates, its cheaper too. I honestly think a new buyer would be better off buying a nexus today.

not to mention that now our nexus is already 6 months old and one X is just recently released.

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
As far as build quality goes I think HTC does a better job. I went from a Nexus One to a Galaxy Nexus and while I greatly appreciate both phones the nexus one just felt way better in hand. Not to mention I had two defective galaxy nexus units before I found one defect free (third times a charm). I haven't held a one x or one s yet but it just seems like HTC puts more focus into design and materials used.

Both companies have their strengths.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Having owned a fair share of HTC devices (more than Samsung), I can say that build quality sucks...for both.

Equally as much.

bartoloandre98

Oct 9, 2010
Look its in the nature of mankind ,we are never happy with what we have.buy an sgs 2 or wait for sgs 3?? HTC one or nexus? Nexus or sgs 3?
Solution?:buy an Iphone ,1 device,nowhere to go with it(closed source)=happiness

Sent from my SGS2 powered by cm9 love

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    once apple release a 4g phone, im throwing my nexus into the wall.

Eh, I like to move forwards when I buy a new phone, not back.
    Anyone else think our galaxy nexus is outdated now that htc released its one x? i couldnt help thinking how smooth vanilla ics would be one that beast.

seeing the sense speed on it made me even more impressed.....

anyone care to discuss this?

Sent from my Google Nexus S using xda premium

Yep your Galaxy Nexus/Nexus S is outdated, old, crappy, stupid, useless, junk.
    Go throw it away in the trash now and go cry yourself to sleep.
    Looking at videos of the HTC One S, it is a nice looking phone, but it's missing a couple things:

1. Removable battery and SD Card
    2. NFC
    3. Newer Screen
    4. IT HAS SENSE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    5. Well it's an HTC phone.....it'll break!
    6. I have a Galaxy Nexus, why would I want a bloated phone like that?

Basically, the One S is the phone with the MOST potential, it's asthetically the best, best screen size, best back (the oxidized back), but needs improvement.

COME ON HTC!
    I had a prototype unit from a supplier a few weeks ago and got to play with it tonight at a dinner (the lad wasn't scared to show it off seen that the fair starts..); it has nothing over the nexus.

- camera. Same quality.
    - build. Cheap plastics on samsung phones you say? Right..
    - software (sense). Absolutely horrendous, especially for a quad core phone.. (possibly, of course, the software will be more optimised on the final product)
    - screen. Forget it, doesn't compare.
    - battery. Built in? No thanks. 1800 mah for a quad core on a 4,8 inch screen? Good luck..

Etc etc etc.

Nah, Nexus. Made to be nearly perfect!!

But seeing the video the multitasking tray opens up faster and is a lot smoother than the gnex though gnex is no slouch. And that Is a good part about the quad core a as multitasking you really need that zip to back it up.

Really worried about the battery life though. Sticking with my gnex until a 3000+ battery dual or quad HD phone comes along. Can't live without the HD screen these days

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
    Anyone else think our galaxy nexus is outdated now that htc released its one x? i couldnt help thinking how smooth vanilla ics would be one that beast.

seeing the sense speed on it made me even more impressed.....

anyone care to discuss this?

Sent from my Google Nexus S using xda premium

I'm sure some will say I'm crazy, it's a gimmick etc etc but, no NFC means no sale for me regardless of the other specs...