[Q] N4 or N5

Search This thread

ickoicko

Oct 3, 2012
Pasig
Hi, can't seem to decide on what to get. Is there a noticeable difference between the 2? I mean both have 4.4.2 and I seem to observe that Nexus 4 is less problematic than the Nexus 5 at the moment. Also battery life seems to be better in real life context here at N4 (I could be wrong). Aside from hardware differences, what else?

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Hi, can't seem to decide on what to get. Is there a noticeable difference between the 2? I mean both have 4.4.2 and I seem to observe that Nexus 4 is less problematic than the Nexus 5 at the moment. Also battery life seems to be better in real life context here at N4 (I could be wrong). Aside from hardware differences, what else?

The n4 was as problematic as the n5 when it first came out :p

D

Deleted member 4229013

I bought the N4 around 10 months ago and thought about upgrading to N5, but why should I? The N4 runs everything perfectly and have an excellent battery life with FK. I'll personally upgrade to N6 or the next "big" thing that gets released and offers a major upgrade to CPU/GPU etc.

TL;TR - I recommend the N4.

ickoicko

Oct 3, 2012
Pasig
The n4 was as problematic as the n5 when it first came out :p
Heard about it, it took a long time for it to be somewhat stable no?
I bought the N4 around 10 months ago and thought about upgrading to N5, but why should I? The N4 runs everything perfectly and have an excellent battery life with FK. I'll personally upgrade to N6 or the next "big" thing that gets released and offers a major upgrade to CPU/GPU etc.

TL;TR - I recommend the N4.

This. I know it's still 9 or 10 months from now till we see N6. HTC M8 will be announced at Feb. Although I am biased at Nexus devices, a lot of new devices are coming out and N5, as much as I love it, lacks something that is hindering me from buying it. Really at a crossroad here..

zarica

Sep 1, 2013
Aside from hardware, they are all Google devices and you probably get new phones within 18 months.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

ickoicko

Oct 3, 2012
Pasig
Yeah, 10 months till the next Nexus comes out and idk if it's worth keeping the n5 over the n4 for that span of time.

Top Liked Posts