Xperia TL Jelly Bean update live

Search This thread

osiris010

Oct 4, 2007
yes! this is awesome
I'm checking update software as soon as I get home, tried it from my phone but it said no update (expected).

will check back here with Jelly Bean to confirm

Sent from my LT30at using xda app-developers app

hulkdad

Apr 17, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Just a heads up. After install I couldnt run any apps or open existing folders. I just chose the reset settings option and it worked after that. I have noticed that the ui is much smoother and so far browsing is much more fluid.

osiris010

Oct 4, 2007
Downloaded 4.1.2 on my TL and it is pretty cool. UI is much snappier and smooth, and the Extended Battery mode option is fantastic - saw that option on some other Sony devices so I'm very happy they updated the TL with it too.

Confusing issue about Google Wallet... has anyone tried using it? Despite being on AT&T (which apparently doesn't "support" Wallet) the Google Play store let me download the app - which initially made me pretty excited - only to be slammed with a pop up as soon as the app starts claiming my device and/or service provider is not supported. Previously the app did not show up in Google Play (most apps that are not "compatible" with the device you are using will not show up), but when I noticed a few extra features in the settings -> more under NFC for Wallet, I figured then Google Wallet was compatible lol.

streetsmart999

Nov 9, 2010
New Jersey
I think its one of the worst updates (Not talking about JB) in all the phones I owned. So I upgraded my wife's TL... Browser Does not work. (Does Not even open), Rainbows on Screen on and off.. While playing youtube and one time while pulling down notification tray. Lock Screen disappeared.. Did the settings reset.. Same thing nothing changed. Now I may have to factory Reset and Install all over. They should have tested more before they released as we waited all these days.

AndroidHoneyComb

Oct 6, 2012
DC
I think its one of the worst updates (Not talking about JB) in all the phones I owned. So I upgraded my wife's TL... Browser Does not work. (Does Not even open), Rainbows on Screen on and off.. While playing youtube and one time while pulling down notification tray. Lock Screen disappeared.. Did the settings reset.. Same thing nothing changed. Now I may have to factory Reset and Install all over. They should have tested more before they released as we waited all these days.

It's not sony's fault. If the lockscreen does not work or even the webrowser then something is wrong with your phone, I updated my device and now I have not lag and there's no bugs.
Factory Reset

redincali

Jul 15, 2009
Does the camera have the feature for unlimited burst shots, or any of the other camera features that we didn't have? If so, can you upload please?

- Xperia TL, XperimenT v2.0 Final ~ via XDA App

hulkdad

Apr 17, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Does the camera have the feature for unlimited burst shots, or any of the other camera features that we didn't have? If so, can you upload please?

- Xperia TL, XperimenT v2.0 Final ~ via XDA App

No burst mode, but it does have HDR capability now at the cost of 1MP (12MP vs. 13MP) not exactly earth shattering. My wifi connection appears to be much more stable, with animation scale set to 0 the ui cranks along at breakneck pace, the browser quick commands wheel in the labs section of the settings is much more responsive and better organized, and I am finding the keyboard response a little more fluid. The only negative I have so far is that the com.sonyericsson.unplugcharger line is no longer disablable... Able to be disabled... Disenablable... Ah whatever the word is! You cant turn it off so you're left with an "unplug the charger" notification after disconnecting from power. So far though, I feel like I just got a brand new phone.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Downloaded 4.1.2 on my TL and it is pretty cool. UI is much snappier and smooth, and the Extended Battery mode option is fantastic - saw that option on some other Sony devices so I'm very happy they updated the TL with it too.

Confusing issue about Google Wallet... has anyone tried using it? Despite being on AT&T (which apparently doesn't "support" Wallet) the Google Play store let me download the app - which initially made me pretty excited - only to be slammed with a pop up as soon as the app starts claiming my device and/or service provider is not supported. Previously the app did not show up in Google Play (most apps that are not "compatible" with the device you are using will not show up), but when I noticed a few extra features in the settings -> more under NFC for Wallet, I figured then Google Wallet was compatible lol.

Wallet is an epic pain in the ass... Try http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2126241

Works with CM10 on the T, I haven't had a chance to test it with stock Sony firmware yet.

xperia_TL

Mar 1, 2013
update is gone

I tried updating last night and the update was there, but now when I connect my phone is says it is up to date. I couldn't update last night because I couldn't get past the step where PC companion tells you to plug in usb and hold the volume down button. For some reason, my phone would not go past that step and update. I checked my firmware version and it is still ICS. Do you think they took the update down?

rudefyet

Oct 4, 2007
No update and I can't even do a repair/restore, It just says there is no software available for your phone.

Top Liked Posts