[Q] How to S-On HTC One Max International for OTA

Search This thread

aaho

Feb 6, 2007
Hi,

I have HTC One International Version (O2 Germany) I have S-Off it and rooted it, Now I want to revert it and want OTA to work. I am unable to get any OTA notification as it always says there is no update for your phone even though its on 4.3. Due to S-Off it always says that you are having a test device. Resetting it didn't help. I don't have RUU for CID O2___102. Now should I flash a boot file on it to gain S-On, if yes then which one. The Hboot is 2.46.00. Will after getting S-On the OTA will be available to get installed?

PS: The bootloader is Relocked. I guess the right Stock Recovery is installed. Although I think the kernel is messed up as it is showing 3.4.10 on v4.3 (image attached)

This is Bootloader info:
-OS-1.23.1540.1
radio -4T.21.3218.04
CID O2___102
-T6UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
-hboot-2.46.0000

Thanks

-------

Edit:

Although I have been searching for it for many days, the only option I think I am coming across is getting boot.img from virtuous rom and update my boot which will also update the hboot. Although I am not sure if this is possible solution. Just want an opinion before updating the hboot as it wont be downgraded later.

Edit 2: Installing boot for 1.54 (stock and also from Stock Nandroid) or from virtuous rom with S-Off *Unlocked* is not making any difference or update to the boot. Its still the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-27-12-59-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-27-12-59-46.png
    248.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

japodude

Sep 6, 2008
i have t6ul cid htc_001 uk international

it's soff

it took the ota no problems. and its still soff

soff will not stop you from getting update ota.

so stop trying to gain son when so many people have trouble getting soff! lol

aaho

Feb 6, 2007
i have t6ul cid htc_001 uk international

it's soff

it took the ota no problems. and its still soff

soff will not stop you from getting update ota.

so stop trying to gain son when so many people have trouble getting soff! lol

S On is not a problem for me the now reverting to stoack while having OTA is a main pain. I am not getting OTA while having soff and all the info provided above.

I started getting OTA 4.4.2 when I made Super CID and installed RUU_T6_UL_JB43_SENSE55_BrightstarUS_WWE_1.23.1540.1_Radio_4T.21.3218.04_10.15.1718.01_release_337609_signed_2.exe

The problem was when the OTA gets downloaded and then it varify the system update conditions before installing, it give back error of some manipulated system etc.

Last edited:

japodude

Sep 6, 2008
why did you super cid? what cid is it now. can you put back to original cid?

device has to be completely stock to run ota.

unrooted. (only way i could get unrooted was to format system then restore my 4.3 backup, and flash stock recovery and lockbootloader.

only then would ota work.

restore your original cid, get a backup from your region and restore.

if your cid was o2_102 then can you change it to htc_102. then it may run ota fine.

i have a cwm backup of my t6ul international from vodafone uk if you want it to try.

instal latest cwm recovery. think its 6.0.4.7

make a backup of you current rom first. then download my backup here and uncompress to external sdcard https://www.dropbox.com/s/pj9mds5lalg84lu/clockworkmodbackup.rar

format your system, data, and restore my cwm backup.

boot device once and run setup wizard.
flash stock recovery and lock bootloader by scotty123's method (NOT RE-LOCK, ota will not work)

now ota should work.

this has helped many others

Last edited:

aaho

Feb 6, 2007
I got OTA. Restoring the cwm backup as I already have this file with me through cwm recovery then installed stcok recovery, relocked and it worked while having Super CID. the only thing is even after update and hboot update it remained S Off. The S On I want to have because IF I need to return it for warranty issues, how I will be able to get S On again.

PS: I had to change CID to make it Super CID to get the cwm backup installed and OTA working. Which I reverted back after installation.

japodude

Sep 6, 2008
I got OTA. Restoring the cwm backup as I already have this file with me through cwm recovery then installed stcok recovery, relocked and it worked while having Super CID. the only thing is even after update and hboot update it remained S Off. The S On I want to have because IF I need to return it for warranty issues, how I will be able to get S On again.

PS: I had to change CID to make it Super CID to get the cwm backup installed and OTA working. Which I reverted back after installation.

i have hboot 2.49 t6ul modded to show son even though it's soff. also removes the red text