The HP Touchpad Fire sale MASTER Thread

Search This thread

muntedewok

Oct 6, 2010
yea craigslist or the bay would be your best bet. 200 for a 32gb is a reasonable price

Brand new it would have been reasonable. The 16Gb version was selling at $150 here in Australia at launch and from memory the 32gb was $200, brand new.

Managed to pick up a 16gb one from a mate who bought one at launch just because. Never used it and didn't know what to use it for, ended up selling it to me for $110 brand new in box, unmolested.

Look around, a lot of people have since put the crack-pipe down and are asking realistic prices for them these days.

-Chris

HP is clearing out their folio cases for $4.99. You can't beat that. They've always been $19.99.

Also, chargers for $4.99. These chargers are great because they are 2 AMP. Plus you can put any USB type charging cable you want in them. And if that's not enough, they come with a HIGH QUALITY 4 foot USB cable.

Flat $5.25 shipping so buy multiple units if you have friends.

I have kids so I got multiples of each. Sadly, I don't want to wait for Christmas.

Reactions: flinkisme

mr_malina

Oct 3, 2010
HP is clearing out their folio cases for $4.99. You can't beat that. They've always been $19.99.

Also, chargers for $4.99. These chargers are great because they are 2 AMP. Plus you can put any USB type charging cable you want in them. And if that's not enough, they come with a HIGH QUALITY 4 foot USB cable.

Flat $5.25 shipping so buy multiple units if you have friends.

I have kids so I got multiples of each. Sadly, I don't want to wait for Christmas.

The charging cable is not high quality. We have had 2 cables go bad so far and third its failing, HP said this problem its somewhat common.

Reactions: flinkisme
The charging cable is not high quality. We have had 2 cables go bad so far and third its failing, HP said this problem its somewhat common.

Well, then I guess the high quality cable is debatable. Mine appears to be significantly higher quality than the cable that came with my Epic 4G Touch. Never have had an ODIN problem with my HP cable but random problems with my Samsung cable.

I guess YMMV.

BoulderGeek

Sep 9, 2010
Meh. I'm happy with my $99 fire sale touchpad.

After HP rescinded the shipping, it becamea deal. But, IMHO, $200 is a tad steep for these.

Ics does scream on it. but, it is heavy, too fingerprint-y, and slippery. Cool fora c-note. Pass for two.

Galaxy Tab 10.1 for under $300? I'd go there.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

BoulderGeek

Sep 9, 2010

After HP rescinded the shipping, it becamea deal. But, IMHO, $200 is a tad steep for these.

Ics does scream on it. but, it is heavy, too fingerprint-y, and slippery. Cool fora c-note. Pass for two.

Kindle Fire at $139 or Galaxy Tab 10.1 for under $300? I'd go there.

Infinite Jest

Mar 26, 2012
Rockville

Kindle Fire at $139 or Galaxy Tab 10.1 for under $300? I'd go there.

I'm with you there. The Touchpad has been my first and only tablet, and while it has been great when not being repaired or replaced, better options are continually dropping in price. I wouldn't really call WebOS a selling point either. Touchstone charging is rather handy, though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know it would need a lot of trust, but I'd be willing to go back to Best Buy if people want me to grab them one. Any takers? I might be able to convince a co worker to go too. They only allowed the both of us one this morning, but said they had plenty.
    This is a beautiful case study in freedom based economics.

First HP set the price too high. So there was high supply and low demand, which resulted in a surplus. Then HP sets the price too low, so we have high demand and low supply, which results in a shortage.

It looks like most HP Touchpads are going for $275ish on eBay. That is the price the market (people) have set. No surplus, no shortage. That is the price HP should be selling these for.

Blame HP for allowing people to hoard their product. Not the hoarders.
    HP TouchPad Available for $99 on Amazon!

The HP TouchPad is available through Amazon.
    The seller is OnSale. (They are in association with MacMall and PCMall.)

Links:

16GB:
    http://www.amazon.com/Smartbuy-Touc...ess/dp/B0056UOUC8?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals

32GB:
    http://www.amazon.com/HP-FB356UT-QU...ess/dp/B0056UOUHS?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals

They are IN STOCK AS OF AUGUST 21, 2011 4:21 pm PST.

Get it fast! The last sale on Amazon only LASTED 4 MINUTES.

Reasons to Buy:
    16GB was $400 before and 32GB was $500 before!
    And I heard XDA Developers are creating an Android port.
    Get a free 50GB Box.net for life!
    Not for Sure: HP gives a 1-year manufacture's warranty.

All Credits go to "iconian" of Slickdeals for finding the deals.
    Link: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3220862#edit41815736

- DongDoeMan
    From their Facebook post:

Newegg.com
    Hi Fans! We want to let you know we are aware of the recent price drop on the HP Touchpads. We also want you to know that we will be reaching out via e-mail very soon to offer an appropriate price adjustment to all of our customers who have purchased HP Touchpads from Newegg – regardless of the date of purchase.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work through the details!

Keep an eye out, they have quite a few of them!!