Galaxy SIII Flashed 2 Boost Mobile

Search This thread

ghanafirst

Sep 8, 2010
Jefferson City, MO
All his Big Brothers have been taken down ......... Epic 4G, EVO 4G, EVO Shift, EVO 3D, Epic 4G Touch, Nexus S. and even some VZN Phones have all been Flashed over to Boost Mobile, will the Almightily Heavy weight champion of the Smartphone WORLD be a challenge?? I'm planning to take him down (KTFO) as soon as I receive it in my Lake of the Woods next week. But if you take him down first tell us about it............Happy Flashing :)

ranchosteve

Feb 23, 2006
Los Angeles
I am also waiting for mine to try and flash.

Does anyone one know if verizon gs3 also uses qualcom chipset?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

trezegol

Apr 11, 2008
i got mine today yey!! i flash it to my verizon prepaid account i also have the evo lte and the s3 feels alot faster and for some reason internet speeds are faster to... in advance qpst doesnt read it i tried avery version so your gonna need workshop for sure :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: ranchosteve

ranchosteve

Feb 23, 2006
Los Angeles
i got mine today yey!! i flash it to my verizon prepaid account i also have the evo lte and the s3 feels alot faster and for some reason internet speeds are faster to... in advance qpst doesnt read it i tried avery version so your gonna need workshop for sure :good:

CAn you give us a step by step? I have always flashed Samsung's phones/pads with qpst. How do you go about doing the CDMA workshop? thanks

JUSMEJOSE

Jul 29, 2008
Anaheim, CA
I might get a GS3 from sprint.... but im gonna try and flash it to pageplus cellular since here at work they dont let me flash sprint phone to boostmobile

mrkevo3000

Mar 26, 2010
Seattle
Unfortunately not.. I have a boost and sprint account I have an epic on boost and I have me s3 on Sprint... I haven't really tried yet but might give it a try this weekend, I know it reads with dfs and workshop just haven't tried anything yet, but this is one bad a** phone!

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
Unfortunately not.. I have a boost and sprint account I have an epic on boost and I have me s3 on Sprint... I haven't really tried yet but might give it a try this weekend, I know it reads with dfs and workshop just haven't tried anything yet, but this is one bad a** phone!

I'm also interested in the method. I'm assuming the same method to Boost will also work to move the Sprint Galaxy SIII to a Sprint legacy plan like SERO. What I've found out so far:

1) QPST v2.7 Build 366 doesn't work on the Sprint GS3 except to add the diag comm port so that QXDM can see the port. You will not be able to use QPST to manipulate Profile 0 and Profile 1 to enable 3G.

2) QXDM v3.11.36 can be used for the repair. This will get you voice, SMS, 1xRTT data working.

3) To fix Profile 0 and Profile 1 to enable 3G, CDMA Tools DFS v4.0.0.3 looks to be very promising. Don't know what fields to fill out though.

I've seen ads in craigslist selling flashing services for the Galaxy S3 for use w/ Boost, so someone has already figured this out. Hopefully it won't be long before someone documents all the steps.

derrickmd18

Feb 27, 2008
Nice I'm thinking about getting a s3 from best buy and paying full price and getting a warranty and flash to boost

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using xda app-developers app

mrkevo3000

Mar 26, 2010
Seattle
I'm also interested in the method. I'm assuming the same method to Boost will also work to move the Sprint Galaxy SIII to a Sprint legacy plan like SERO. What I've found out so far:

1) QPST v2.7 Build 366 doesn't work on the Sprint GS3 except to add the diag comm port so that QXDM can see the port. You will not be able to use QPST to manipulate Profile 0 and Profile 1 to enable 3G.

2) QXDM v3.11.36 can be used for the repair. This will get you voice, SMS, 1xRTT data working.

3) To fix Profile 0 and Profile 1 to enable 3G, CDMA Tools DFS v4.0.0.3 looks to be very promising. Don't know what fields to fill out though.

I've seen ads in craigslist selling flashing services for the Galaxy S3 for use w/ Boost, so someone has already figured this out. Hopefully it won't be long before someone documents all the steps.

Have you tried qpst 2.7.374?

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
Have you tried qpst 2.7.374?

I got a hold of QPST 2.7 build 378. This version is able to read more info from the Galaxy S3 than build 366. I'm able to launch EFS Explorer and see most (if not all) the NV Items. I'm not able to use Service Programming however. As soon as I enter the MSL, I get an error message saying "Roaming list receive failed". It looks like the latest build is 385. I'm wondering perhaps this build will be able to fully read/write the GS3. If anyone has a link to QPST 2.7 build 385, please share.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

You have to use DFS tool

Do you think you and/or your friend can share with us how you guys did it using DFS? Thanks.

ranchosteve

Feb 23, 2006
Los Angeles
I flashed to Sero.

I used qxdm 3.12.714, which connected fine. I tried QPST.2.7.374 and was not able to connect to phone. "PRL error". CDWS connects but some features don't work, but its enough to get the phone programmed and 3g.

Reactions: sdwyz74

mrkevo3000

Mar 26, 2010
Seattle
I used qxdm 3.12.714, which connected fine. I tried QPST.2.7.374 and was not able to connect to phone. "PRL error". CDWS connects but some features don't work, but its enough to get the phone programmed and 3g.

Do you mind sharing that version of Qxdm been looking for that one! Thanks..

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

I got a hold of QPST 2.7 build 378. This version is able to read more info from the Galaxy S3 than build 366. I'm able to launch EFS Explorer and see most (if not all) the NV Items. I'm not able to use Service Programming however. As soon as I enter the MSL, I get an error message saying "Roaming list receive failed". It looks like the latest build is 385. I'm wondering perhaps this build will be able to fully read/write the GS3. If anyone has a link to QPST 2.7 build 385, please share.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Do you think you and/or your friend can share with us how you guys did it using DFS? Thanks.

I second this, Also is that qpst 2.7.385 the latest one, I'm surprised that cdws hasn't updated its software to not need these other ones like Dfs.

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
Reactions: mrkevo3000

ghanafirst

Sep 8, 2010
Jefferson City, MO

In DFS the fields to fill out for Profile 0 and Profile 1 are under Programming >>>Mobile. IP

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
Yes, I figured that before posting. It however is still operating at 1xRTT. So there must be something else I'm missing that needs to be changed in DFS.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i got the passwords... hit the thanks

but all credits go to sedds89

16 digit passwords are the same as the s3 versions
    uscc-2010031619780721
    verizon-2009031920090615
    sprint-01F2030F5F678FF9 or 2012112120131219

code works on S4 too
    All his Big Brothers have been taken down ......... Epic 4G, EVO 4G, EVO Shift, EVO 3D, Epic 4G Touch, Nexus S. and even some VZN Phones have all been Flashed over to Boost Mobile, will the Almightily Heavy weight champion of the Smartphone WORLD be a challenge?? I'm planning to take him down (KTFO) as soon as I receive it in my Lake of the Woods next week. But if you take him down first tell us about it............Happy Flashing :)
    I finally got 3G working using DFS 4.0.0.4.

1) Go to the Programming tab.

2) Click on the Data sub tab.

2a) Click on Read button.

3) Under PAP:
    UID: samsung01@sprintpcs.com
    Pwd: samsung

4) Under HDR AN:
    NAI: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Pwd: (checked) enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password

5) Under HDR AN Long:
    UID: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Pwd: (checked) enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password

6) Put a check mark on "Authentication require password encryption"

7) Click on the Write button

8) Goto the Mobile IP sub tab.

8a) Click on Read button.

9) Right click on the first Profile radio button (that's Profile 0), and enable it.

10) Click on the Write button

11) On the Selected Profile settings section:
    NAI: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Home address: 0.0.0.0
    Prim HA address: 68.28.15.12
    Sec HA address: 68.28.31.12
    AAA Shared Secret: enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password (put check mark on "Enter value in HEX")
    HA Shared Secret: secret (remove check mark on "Enter value in HEX"

12) Click on Write current profile settings.

13) Reboot the phone. Then run the Update Profile and Update PRL on your Galaxy S3.

14) Done.

The settings above is to activate the Galaxy S3 on a legacy Sprint account like SERO. I believe it will also work for Boost. I left Profile 1 alone since the Update Profile automatically takes care of this for you...and so it doesn't matter if you're activating this on SERO or Boost.
    I flashed the galaxy s3 to boost with 3g internet how can you get the mms working on it and I tried restoring apn with a apn backup restore but it says can't do that in 4.0

any help would be appreciated
    thank you for 16 digit code.

Root your phone if it isn't already then..Get the paid version of root explorer.. Then push apn backup & restore to system apps..reboot into recovery wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, go to advanced fix permissions..reboot got back to apn app hit menu and disable the ics check... Now you got working mms... Cheers (also wiping the caches isn't needed I just like to do it)

Edit: Before doing the above steps ##3282# change the mms url to mm.myboostmobile.com, then back up that apn with the app or if you already have that apn xml then your golden, ics won't allow you to restore the apn if you don't follow the instructions up top.. Hit the thanks button if I helped you, also these instructions are in the play store under the apps description.. I take no credit into finding this I just read alot..lol give it a shot mms should work properly without the use of go sms.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    So overall, is everyone having pretty good success with moving their sprint gs3 phone to boost? I just lost my 25% discount and I am considering paying the $350 to get out of my contract and move to boost or might even try pageplus if the phone can do it. Pageplus seems like it would be a better deal as Verizon has a faster network in my area. They got LTE before we even got wimax.

I got mine going works great I did a tutorial go here to see it http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php/1064-got-my-Galaxy-S3-on-Boost-Mobile