[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.2] NamelessROM 20140216 [D2ATT BETA]

Search This thread

nickdoherty

Aug 14, 2012
Brantford
dirtyunicorns.com
What is NamelessROM?

Simple - NamelessROM is opportunity.
An opportunity to have a voice to the development team of the after-market firmware that you run on your device.

The main goal of NamelessROM is to provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
NamelessROM developers are available nearly 24/7 and respond to bug reports and feature requests almost instantly.
This availability will allow you, the end-user, to have direct input into exactly what features and functions are included on the firmware that YOU run.

NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own.

NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you're out of luck.

NamelessROM Gerrit Review

Kernel Source CM11

Disclaimer
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
*/

Got a bug report? Want to request a feature? Need extended support?
NamelessROM Forums

NamelessROM IRC
Or from your IRC client:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channels: General Discussion - #namelessrom
Development Discussion - #namelessrom-dev

Installation Instructions

FROM OTHER ROMS
Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot
Profit

UPDATE FROM NamelessROM TO NEWER RELEASE
Just download the zip and flash it. You will NOT need to wipe anything.
OTA Updater is work in progress and will be available soon!

nameless-4.4.2-20140216-d2att

PA 0-Day GApps

Contributions and Credit:
Nameless Rom
CyanogenMod for device repos and kernel
OmniROM
AOKP
SlimROMs
AOSPA
CarbonDev for device repos and kernel
Android/Google/AOSP
ALL OF OUR AWESOME TESTERS

Last edited:

nickdoherty

Aug 14, 2012
Brantford
dirtyunicorns.com
Features
CyanogenMod base
DarkUI Toggle
Non-Intrusive Call UI
LockScreen Notifications
Theme Manager
Lockring Battery level
Contextual Notification Headers
Network Speed Indicator
Custom Clear All Recents button location
Bar Memory Indicator in Recents
Custom Battery icons
Statusbar Customizations
Custom QuickToggles
koush's Superuser
optimized kernels
Lockscreen See-Through
Lockscreen Blur
Charging Sounds (sounds when plugged/unplugged)
Custom LED Settings
Keyboard Cursor Control (with volume keys)
Volume Button Music Track Skip
Volume Button Wake
DeviceControl
zepynyhy.jpg

zezuvuzy.jpg

uruhy2a7.jpg

Last edited:

smallyetzon

Jan 23, 2012
What difference this ROM from the rest of KitKat Roms? Ive flashed so many KitKat roms and they are all the same, exept some of them have halo And more customizations but overall the same, it will be nice to focus on battery life since At the end of the day is more important because Ive had great looking fast ect roms running but the battery wont last me half day :( im not hating on this ROM cause i havent flash it but again My question was... What difference this ROM from the rest of KitKat Roms?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

nickdoherty

Aug 14, 2012
Brantford
dirtyunicorns.com
What difference this ROM from the rest of KitKat Roms? Ive flashed so many KitKat roms and they are all the same, exept some of them have halo And more customizations but overall the same, it will be nice to focus on battery life since At the end of the day is more important because Ive had great looking fast ect roms running but the battery wont last me half day :( im not hating on this ROM cause i havent flash it but again My question was... What difference this ROM from the rest of KitKat Roms?

Nothing much in battery saving compared to other roms, only differences are features, as i compiled using cm kenel and the rom has cm base.
I like the Nameless Device Control, its a Nameless feature and has some good options. Better answers can be given at the Nameless website though as i just compiled this for d2att and liked it so i desided to share it, im not the developer.

Chuckd610

Aug 8, 2010
Philly, PA
This rom is is great. It performs well and battery life is actually better than other 4.4 roms I've used. Great new ui customizations for a fresh look. The developer did an outstanding job. The one thing I would like to see is a more customizeable nav button option, i.e. remapping and assigning buttons, etc. Other than that, this is definately a daily driver.

Reactions: smallyetzon

nickdoherty

Aug 14, 2012
Brantford
dirtyunicorns.com
This rom is is great. It performs well and battery life is actually better than other 4.4 roms I've used. Great new ui customizations for a fresh look. The developer did an outstanding job. The one thing I would like to see is a more customizeable nav button option, i.e. remapping and assigning buttons, etc. Other than that, this is definately a daily driver.

Working on porting in SlimKats navbar settings now, will upload when i have it working. :good:

Reactions: Jiggs82

Beardedface

Nov 3, 2012
Nice I've been running nameless on my LG g2 and loving it. Downloading now to try on my wife's phone. Thanks for you work

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

st0nez0r

Dec 26, 2011
Baltimore
I'll tell you what. I actually like this KK rom. It's smooth, the battery life is excellent, and finally bluetooth seems to work

I'd really like to see two features added which I think most of us pretty much take for granted which is missing here. The option to boot straight to recovery is missing from the shutdown menu, and the battery % option to display on the lock screen is missing (i'm not talking about the battery display around the ring)

Not deal breakers. Otherwise nice rom.

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'll tell you what. I actually like this KK rom. It's smooth, the battery life is excellent, and finally bluetooth seems to work

I'd really like to see two features added which I think most of us pretty much take for granted which is missing here. The option to boot straight to recovery is missing from the shutdown menu, and the battery % option to display on the lock screen is missing (i'm not talking about the battery display around the ring)

Not deal breakers. Otherwise nice rom.

Did you check if there is an advanced reboot option in developer options?

Tapped it!

gvsukids

Apr 15, 2011
michigan
Issue with camera where after recording a video and switching to camera, the camera force closes and I have to reboot.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nickdoherty

Aug 14, 2012
Brantford
dirtyunicorns.com
Octo_KAT

There's a fresh run of another ROM i dont think is on the d2att threds yet, ready for download now. Octo_KAT Has Omni Switch and hint hint, for features click on "OctOS build date" under "about phone" and you need the newest Super SU :good::laugh::good: working on a fresh Nameless as well, hopefully with some more navbar features but no guarantee.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just updated, full wipe is a good idea as lots of changes including it being compiled from all Nameless Rom repo's insted of the cm repos which were keeping this from becomming official. Also if anyone really needs navbar, build prop edit might work but i haven't got anything ported yet as i've been working on getting official NamelessRom status.
    What is NamelessROM?

Simple - NamelessROM is opportunity.
    An opportunity to have a voice to the development team of the after-market firmware that you run on your device.

The main goal of NamelessROM is to provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
    NamelessROM developers are available nearly 24/7 and respond to bug reports and feature requests almost instantly.
    This availability will allow you, the end-user, to have direct input into exactly what features and functions are included on the firmware that YOU run.

NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own.

NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you're out of luck.

NamelessROM Gerrit Review

Kernel Source CM11

Disclaimer
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    */

Got a bug report? Want to request a feature? Need extended support?
    NamelessROM Forums

NamelessROM IRC
    Or from your IRC client:
    Server: irc.freenode.net
    Channels: General Discussion - #namelessrom
    Development Discussion - #namelessrom-dev

Installation Instructions

FROM OTHER ROMS
    Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot
    Profit

UPDATE FROM NamelessROM TO NEWER RELEASE
    Just download the zip and flash it. You will NOT need to wipe anything.
    OTA Updater is work in progress and will be available soon!

nameless-4.4.2-20140216-d2att

PA 0-Day GApps

Contributions and Credit:
    Nameless Rom
    CyanogenMod for device repos and kernel
    OmniROM
    AOKP
    SlimROMs
    AOSPA
    CarbonDev for device repos and kernel
    Android/Google/AOSP
    ALL OF OUR AWESOME TESTERS
    Octo_KAT

There's a fresh run of another ROM i dont think is on the d2att threds yet, ready for download now. Octo_KAT Has Omni Switch and hint hint, for features click on "OctOS build date" under "about phone" and you need the newest Super SU :good::laugh::good: working on a fresh Nameless as well, hopefully with some more navbar features but no guarantee.
    I'm loving this rom so far. It has all of the features I need and none of the extras that I don't want. Battery life seems excellent so far. :good:

The one thing I noticed is the torch toggle wasn't working, but I found a fix. I took torch.apk from another rom, moved it to system/app, changed permissions and rebooted and now the toggle works fine.

Has been fixed and will work on next update, which will hopefully be official nightly. I'm running a test build of Nameless D2lte (d2 unified) that i finally got working this morning and all is looking well. Good things coming... ?
    samyze2e.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Nothing much in battery saving compared to other roms, only differences are features, as i compiled using cm kenel and the rom has cm base.
    I like the Nameless Device Control, its a Nameless feature and has some good options. Better answers can be given at the Nameless website though as i just compiled this for d2att and liked it so i desided to share it, im not the developer.