[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
How do i save it in the correct format in photoshop (R5G6B5)

It don't look like they have a mask...??

Code:
<Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackBack1" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackBack1.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackBack2" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackBack2.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackBack3" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackBack3.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackOffice1" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackOffice1.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackOffice2" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackOffice2.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackOffice3" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackOffice3.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackGames1" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackGames1.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackGames2" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackGames2.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackGames3" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackGames3.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackLifestyle1" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackLifestyle1.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackLifestyle2" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackLifestyle2.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackLifestyle3" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackLifestyle3.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackPictures1" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackPictures1.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackPictures2" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackPictures2.bmp"/>
      <Bitmap Name="LinkBackgdWP7BackPictures3" Image="LinkBackgdWP7BackPictures3.bmp"/>

Example:

Code:
<Bitmap Name="MenuBarGrey40L" Image="MenuBarGrey40L.bmp" Mask="MenuBarGrey40L_m.bmp"/>

Edit:
Worked out how to save it now but its still not working(note widget black) It must be Photoshop...what are you using to save your bmp..??
If no mask is listed in the index file then the image is treated as a solid image with no transparency. Thats why all my background images have no mask listed.

I use Gimp for Windows as I dont use PhotoShop for editing graphic files (I dont like the way it deals with layers). Gimp is free and its very easy to save bmps in the R5G6B5 format. May be worth giving it a try.

If you are having trouble with the images then start with something simple like editing an existing image, keep the dimensions the same and just add something to it. Then save the image in the correct format, insert it back into the dat file (remember to make sure the file has encyption) and copy the changed dat file back to your phone to see if the change works.

Mark.

Reactions: spannernick

spannernick

Feb 7, 2010
London
If no mask is listed in the index file then the image is treated as a solid image with no transparency. Thats why all my background images have no mask listed.

I use Gimp for Windows as I dont use PhotoShop for editing graphic files (I dont like the way it deals with layers). Gimp is free and its very easy to save bmps in the R5G6B5 format. May be worth giving it a try.

If you are having trouble with the images then start with something simple like editing an existing image, keep the dimensions the same and just add something to it. Then save the image in the correct format, insert it back into the dat file (remember to make sure the file has encyption) and copy the changed dat file back to your phone to see if the change works.

Mark.
Got it working on the phone now...it was winrar not saving the password..used winzip and bingo..:D

Thanks for your help Mark

spannernick

Feb 7, 2010
London
Yeah WinRar is a big NoNo when it comes to password encrypted dat files lol.

Glad you got it working.

Mark.

Just updated your post MSkip ProPlus WP7 V4 Theme for Spb Mobile Shell 3.5.5 with the new update for VGA,if you want to take a look and make a proper VGA version without having to installing the WVGA version first go ahead..:D

Thanks again..

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Thank's to naong for the original skin - this a mod to Mtstmp's mod to Naong's MobileSense theme. No memory leak with this.

Alt Backgrounds in the second download - copy the vp_bkg_now.dat file to the spb mobile shell directory and soft reset.

msense.png

Download Theme HERE

Alt. Backrounds Here
Everytime I install it just changes the soft key and wallpaper, then if I go to professional layout it's just normal old profession layout. How do I fix this?

Chacry69

Nov 30, 2009
Perugia
OnePlus 8 Pro
qa_status

Hi to all,is there someone able to convert this green status icon to blue like this???Help me and thanks...

I try but nothing!I convert the dat file to zip,open it with 7zip with password,open the bmp file with gimp,change color in blue and save it in bmp R5 G6 B5 16 bits and repac with 7zip in a zip file with the password and convert it to a dat file.......why don't work?????? :silly: :( :crying:

Attachments

• qa_status.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Status.jpg
    Status.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 259
  • Status1.jpg
    Status1.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 254

Top Liked Posts