[Q] Can't get past htc screen once flashed shooter beats on GSM evo 3d

Search This thread

johnydixon

Apr 9, 2012
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and fairly new to rooting also.
I recently rooted my gsm HTC evo 3d using the htc unlock method
I have S-OFF and HBOOT-1.49.1107 (was 1.49.0018 I think)
and have revolutionary 4.0.1.4 installed.

The first thing I tried to flash was beats from this site:
androidadvicesDOTcom/install-beats-audio-package-android-device/
after rebooting, it turns out the only thing this did was remove sound from my device (music, in-call, everything) and no sign of beats.
Afterwards I tried to flash shooter beats 2.3, first using cmd with the flashboot command. It just got stuck endlessly rebooting itself on the green htc logo screen.
So I tried putting the shooter beats zip on my sd card, then going into revolutionary and flashing that way, once rebooted I am still stuck with the same problem.

If I were to do a factory reset on my phone, would it boot up with the stock rom and would I still have root? Or is there an easier option?

Thanks

Astrikz

Mar 27, 2012
Hi,

after rebooting, it turns out the only thing this did was remove sound from my device (music, in-call, everything) and no sign of beats.
Afterwards I tried to flash shooter beats 2.3, first using cmd with the flashboot command. It just got stuck endlessly rebooting itself on the green htc logo screen.
So I tried putting the shooter beats zip on my sd card, then going into revolutionary and flashing that way, once rebooted I am still stuck with the same problem.

If I were to do a factory reset on my phone, would it boot up with the stock rom and would I still have root? Or is there an easier option?

Thanks

One thing you should know.
Always do a nadroid before flashing anything. You will now have to look for a stock ROM do a full wipe and flash it

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

johnydixon

Apr 9, 2012
Ok, thanks, but not really what I was looking for.

The problem is that it wouldn't reboot after flashing roms (I tried several), so trying to install a stock rom would just do the same.

I didn't back-up as I didn't see any point to back-up when there's nothing on the device, and as you pointed out, there are stock roms available.

I reinstalled a newer version of CWM, wiped all date/caches/etc, before flashing a new rom and voila. So I guess the problem was in my install or version of cwm.

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
the first mistake you made was downloading from a site other then xda stick with xda when it come's to flashing that way you know what your getting lets start here the rom that you have flashed i hope you still have the zip file because you will need to wipe everything and use a super wipe tool and then reflash your rom that will get you going again

johnydixon

Apr 9, 2012
I got everything except the beats from xda, so I don't think that's an issue. Anyway, as I said, works.

rvrosa

Mar 24, 2010
Hi,

Thanks

How did you get S-OFF?
I have also an EVO 3D with HBOOT 1.49.0018 and i can't get S-OFF because Revolutionary only have 1.49.0008.....