[ROM][8.13.12] ROMChicago 5.5: With GoogleNow! [ICS 4.0.3]

Search This thread

LawStud3nt

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
There was an issue with it not finding my SIM card, which a couple of restarts fixed.

The question I have is in regards to setting a wallpaper form the gallary. It has the same dimensions as is if I was setting the lock screen wallpaper. When I tried it out it looked like crap. Anyway I search this thread and found nothing about this issue. Is this a known issue? Kind of bums me out because the stock wallpapers suck.

Thanks again for giving us this sweet ICS goodness!!

I actually just found that out myself, i'll look into it this weekend.

DirtySant0

Sep 24, 2010
www.atomickong.tumblr.com
Wallpaper locked in Lockscreen dimension

There was an issue with it not finding my SIM card, which a couple of restarts fixed.

The question I have is in regards to setting a wallpaper form the gallary. It has the same dimensions as is if I was setting the lock screen wallpaper. When I tried it out it looked like crap. Anyway I search this thread and found nothing about this issue. Is this a known issue? Kind of bums me out because the stock wallpapers suck.

Thanks again for giving us this sweet ICS goodness!!

Im having the same exact issue with choosing a wallpaper. It will not let me set/crop the a wallpaper in landscape mode just in portrait mode. Anyway around this? Ive even tried different ways: through gallery, through homescreen (longpress then chosing wallpaper), through browser (downloading a pic and setting as wallpaper) . It looks like its set to keep the wallpaper with the same dimensions as the lock screen.

Kid Poker

Feb 22, 2008
NY
Anyone else experience a boot loop on first boot that then reverts back to recovery? Very strange, never had this problem before. I did everything right, not sure why I can't boot this on my T989D.

I'll expand on above:

1. Boot into recovery.
2. Clear cache partition, clear dalvik cache.
3. Factory wipe.
4. Flash Darkside's wipe.
5. Flash ChicagoIllinois ROM, wait 15 minutes.
6. Reboot the phone.
7. Samsung splash is shown, Telus 4G splash is shown, phone is just about to start booting, it will vibrate then reboot.
8. Second boot attempt shows Samsung splash screen and then goes directly into recovery mode.

Anyone else experienced this or how to remedy it? Keep in mind I am running a T989D, however, hardware I believe is identical to T989.

Thanks again,
Autom8r
When I flash Chicago's roms, I do the following

1. Boot into recovery
2. Factory wipe data/cache
3. Wipe cache
4. Wipe Delvik
5. Use TJD Super Wipe
6. M&S Kernal Cleaner
7. Flash rom
8. Wipe cache again
9. Wipe Delvik again
10. Fix permission
11. Reboot and is good to go on the first run

timon184

Oct 26, 2010
Since fix perms doesn't work correctly through CWM flash this, and all should work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604581

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Like Law said just flash your own over it. Here is the default SGSII: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19450318&postcount=27

EDIT - Oh, and sorry Law if I'm not to post links to other stuff, but I know it took me forever to find them myself, so I'm just trying to help.

Thank you sir

LawStud3nt

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
I'm introducing an upgrade system that the brave among you are welcome to test out. CWM Flashable Updates to fix various issues that arise. This way you do not have to update your entire rom, just flash the bullet. So the latest rom is "ChicagoIL2", if you have that rom, do not flash the Bullet Updates. As a test I have included the vibration fix at the bottom of the OP, let me know if it works. But BACK YOUR STUFF UP FIRST! Much love and thanks to all you great fellow technophiles.

Kid Poker

Feb 22, 2008
NY
I'm introducing an upgrade system that the brave among you are welcome to test out. CWM Flashable Updates to fix various issues that arise. This way you do not have to update your entire rom, just flash the bullet. So the latest rom is "ChicagoIL2", if you have that rom, do not flash the Bullet Updates. As a test I have included the vibration fix at the bottom of the OP, let me know if it works. But BACK YOUR STUFF UP FIRST! Much love and thanks to all you great fellow technophiles.
I'm all for it, but as of last night I'm on the ChicagoIL2 rom. I actually waited until 3:30am, but it came online around 3:40 lol. Got back from watching the midnight release of the Avengers. Kick ass movie BTW

Reactions: masamichi7

DirtySant0

Sep 24, 2010
www.atomickong.tumblr.com
List of minor bugs...

Forcecloses:
1 - Forceclose in the dialer when pressing voicemail button.
2 - Forceclose in Contacts App when pressing Yellow Pages icon at top of contact list.
3 - When using Instagram ... App freezes and causes phone to reboot when choosing or scrolling through filters.

Random bugs:

1 - Loss of SIM card / Network connectivity
2 - Wallpapers only in portrait mode.
3 - Built in Apex Launcher does not have settings. I had to download the App from market and replace it in system/App folder for full functionality .

Other than these minor bugs... the rom is delish... Thanks Dev.

Reactions: LawStud3nt

jg01

Jan 5, 2010
This is a good ROM. Had some serious battery drain at first but figure it out to be an app issue (Maps). I am however, having some issues with BT and DATA working at the same time. When data is turned on, I can't get my BT device to connect. can only use one at a time The other odd thing is , I did search for Tmobile locations , it found a few , but when I called , ATT directory assistance suggested some other numbers....ATT Yellowpages still in here ?

LawStud3nt

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
I do need to get that annoying yellow pages thing out. Bluetooth is not something I've heard so far but I'll look into it.
Sent from my SGH-T989 Lawyerphone

retrotim

Jan 23, 2012
Travis AFB
This is a good ROM. Had some serious battery drain at first but figure it out to be an app issue (Maps). I am however, having some issues with BT and DATA working at the same time. When data is turned on, I can't get my BT device to connect. can only use one at a time The other odd thing is , I did search for Tmobile locations , it found a few , but when I called , ATT directory assistance suggested some other numbers....ATT Yellowpages still in here ?

I'm having this issue as well. Didn't know why I could get my Bluetooth to connect until I read this post and turned off data. Now Bluetooth works. Turn on data and it stops again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Ladylover31

Jan 18, 2011
Fresno
Any idea why voicerecorder.apk doesn't show up in apps, even though its in system\app already? I tried replacing it with an apk from a GB ROM and it showed up, but force closed.

Sent from my T989 that thinks its a SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MPurr

Esteef

Sep 12, 2010
Yea my BT doesnt work as well. It connects but the moment i use Data it stops working.

BTW... I tries to set an alarm and the clock app seems to be missing as well o_O

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

LawStud3nt

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
The Bluetooth / data issue seems to be hit and miss, do you all have ChicagoIL2?

Clock app is going back in the next version, I may actually put a few in and see what you all
Iike best.

Sent from my SGH-T989 Lawyerphone

Redeye

Dec 19, 2006
Southport
Wifi tethering

By chance will Wifi tethering be worked out in the next release?
I rely on Wifi tethering and I would hate to have to revert back to a GB rom just because of that issue.

Thanks again for all your hard work. It's much appreciated!!

EDIT: I found an app that works for tethering. For all of you having issues with Wifi tethering, checkout FoxFi it works and doesn't even need root.

Last edited:

LawStud3nt

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
By chance will Wifi tethering be worked out in the next release?
I rely on Wifi tethering and I would hate to have to revert back to a GB rom just because of that issue.

Thanks again for all your hard work. It's much appreciated!!

It should be worked out because I want to rebase the next release on the official software or a full leak of it.

Redeye

Dec 19, 2006
Southport
It should be worked out because I want to rebase the next release on the official software or a full leak of it.
Thanks for the quick reply. Soon after I posted I actually found an app that works and it will tide me over until the issues are worked out. I've updated my original post with the link for others to use.

Thanks again ... you rock!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The next RomChicago: ROMChicago5.5

New for 5.5: SMS/MMS fix

Features
    Some aosp goodness
    Massive debloat
    Nova launcher
    AOSP Browser
    AOSP Calendar
    Wifi Calling
    Jelly Bean Google Music

5.1 Fixed Lock screen wallpaper
    5.2 Added Jelly Bean Google Music and fixed camera (stock kernel)
    5.3: Some build prop tweaks - blazing fast
    Added video editor ( I know what photo editor you are talking about now, so I will dig it up - for synergy)
    5.4: Googlenow from JellyBean
    PhotoEditor - lol finally I know
    Kernel Fix for Adb
    Graphics touch ups

Please flash modded-gapps for google services:
    GOOGLE APPS

Download Here:
    DOWNLOAD HERE

Please ignore quickpanel settings app.

Problems? Reboot if no signal and wipe cache and fix permissions.

Make sure you use Darksidewipe or at least wipe system/data/cache before flashing!

I want to thank the following awesome devs:

Yaldak, you the man on here lately.
    edgex, thanks for posting the aosp stuff.
    Jomiester and topprospect - thanks for responding to my questions and proposals in the AOSP threads, too legit.
    G and theserb86
    Justices Cardozo, Marshall, and Warren.
    Thanks Mr. X/eugene for the base (Tmo). KangKong for the base (Att #2).
    thecobra for the wallpaper (which I will figure out I swear)
    Thanks droid15 for the mirror!
    remf4i for the inverted apps
    phoenix6 for the theme (even if I still can't get the whole thing in there)
    newman98168 for taking care of business here while I was bricked/had finals
    Faux for the kernel

Do yourself a favor and flash beats! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25906838
    Works awesome with Poweramp!

USEFUL STUFF:
    KERNELS:
    Two Kernels: Hardware means the device you intend to run the Rom on. ROM is the rom you are porting or running and wish to run on the hardware.
    Hardware: Hercules Rom: Skyrocket
    For running a skyrocket UCLE2 rom on the T989
    If you are on a UCLE port and have vibration/call echo issues, this should fix it.
    Hardware: Skyrocket Rom: Hercules
    For running a hercules UCLV8 rom on Skyrocket

TOOLS and APPS:
    Kernel Cleanser by Master and Slave Scroll to bottom of post.
    Darkside Wipe by TDJ
    Want a clock app? Thanks bobbyphoenix.http://xdaforums.com/show...10&postcount=2
    GOOGLE APPS

I want to thank the following awesome devs:

Yaldak, you the man on here lately.
    edgex, thanks for posting the aosp stuff.
    Jomiester and topprospect - thanks for responding to my questions and proposals in the AOSP threads, too legit.
    G and theserb86
    Justices Cardozo, Marshall, and Warren.
    Thanks Mr. X for the base (Tmo). KangKong for the base (Att #2).

Thanks droid15 for the mirror!

Like my rom? Press the reply button when a noob has a question and actually help them.
    Version 5.3 out now!
    +1. I installed this rom last night and it seems solid. However, it doesn't have the 16 toggles which I really like. I'd also like to know how to add it back on. I did search the thread but maybe I didn't search it well enough with the right terms.

I wonder if Phoenix's theme for Darkside Evo 2B2 with 1% battery mod would work on this rom. Would it also give me the 16 toggles too?

Thanks.

There is a specific 16 toggles flash pack and last I saw our phone defaults to 1% as that battery polling variable is not found on phone (well at least when I ran checks). It seems to be mostly Moto phones that poll at odd times.

Toggle zip can be found on my mirror here: http://goo.gl/uuVLI
    should work on just bout any ICS ROM (have yet to have any issues and have flashed it with most every if not every ICS ROM for t989).

Flash via Recovery (custom not stock)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Just released conversion kernels to make things much easier on the devs, and fix call echo and vibration on some of the UCLE2 roms that are out.