[UPDATE] FRG83 -> FRG83D patch download and details

Search This thread

gravufo

Sep 26, 2010
Montréal
yeah I know, please standby, I'm looking at the issue to see how the flashing should be done (maybe through passimg) check back in 10 mins I should be done!

SpOuK-3-

Nov 18, 2010
BTW, thanks for your modified update.zip, I removed both script in the update.zip and from my phone and it's woking like a charme ... I'm using Amon RA 2.0.0 and everything is working great on FRG83D...

What I understand is that recovery-from-boot.p and install-recovery.sh will try to reload the recovery each times the phone boot ... If we remove those files, no more restore of the recovery?

Thanks ...

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
[snip]
What I understand is that recovery-from-boot.p and install-recovery.sh will try to reload the recovery each times the phone boot ... If we remove those files, no more restore of the recovery?

Thanks ...
Yes, those two files (which are on a stock ROM only) check, on every boot, to see if you have a stock recovery, and if not, restore the stock recovery. If you remove or rename them, whatever recovery you currently have will remain. To get the stock recovery back, you just have to rename them back to their original names, reboot, and presto, stock recovery again.

As well, every time you flash an official, signed update from Google, it will always add those two files to you ROM, so you will have to delete them after every official update before rebooting (after flashing a custom recovery).

ms7p

Sep 8, 2010
Jerusalem
i cant seem to get the OTA....

Hi,

recently, i was on CM 6.1 but i wanted to get back to a stock ROM,so i did....
when i booted up it said there are updateS, it downloaded the 1 part and rebooted to install. but when it booted up it didnt mention the second part....
i did the checkin and didnt get anything (btw i am on FRG83 ) i tried to flash the update.zip but it said installation aborted for some reason... any help please ?

frankmust

May 25, 2010
Qc
hi gravufo for your help but now i returned the nexus one to videotron and friday 17th im going to USA at best buy and get the new nexus s :)

gravufo

Sep 26, 2010
Montréal
hi gravufo for your help but now i returned the nexus one to videotron and friday 17th im going to USA at best buy and get the new nexus s :)

lucky guy :p I can't return it anymore, it's been since the launch of Vidéotron that I got mine =\ Meh I love the Nexus One anyways, and I think I love it more than the Nexus S, although the damn touchscreen pisses me off sometimes :S

frankmust

May 25, 2010
Qc
gravufu , your a great friend if you want me to pick you one up at plattsburg next friday (17th) i will stop in montreal while the return to qc city and let it to you :)

gravufo

Sep 26, 2010
Montréal
gravufu , your a great friend if you want me to pick you one up at plattsburg next friday (17th) i will stop in montreal while the return to qc city and let it to you :)

heh, it's alright, I don't have enough money right now to pay for this (christmas gifts, and getting a new laptop >.<)

but thanks a lot, really appreciated! :)