[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (mesmerizemtd/showcasemtd) - [07/21/11]

Search This thread

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Well I've been running this problem free for 10 days, but now I can't call or text but 3G works fine for about 10 minutes, then stops. I have to toggle airplane mode to get 3G working again, but it will stop after 10 minutes again..

Guess its back to Froyo... :(

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Honestly I would do a full wipe. Start with ee19 build odined with repartition checked. Then work my way up to CM7 and then use glitches new kernel. I haven't had hardley any issues other than volume and mms.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

knoxjon

Sep 1, 2010
knoxville, tennessee
Honestly I would do a full wipe. Start with ee19 build odined with repartition checked. Then work my way up to CM7 and then use glitches new kernel. I haven't had hardley any issues other than volume and mms.

What's the story with glitches new kernel? we can run that without problem?

Do you have a link? Wading into that fascinate thread is not my favorite thing.

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I've been using it and it rocks. I linked the thread. I'm on the medium leakage and it is slick. Just read the whole OP and it explains how to determine the one you need. He is getting ready to release a update for it. Don't know when but he just posted the changelog not too long ago.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1171948

[KERNEL][CM7/MIUI][16/07/11] Glitch V11.1 final -1.7GHz OC/UV-Voodoo-Smooth and fast

Reactions: knoxjon

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Ok so I found some info on the net. Apparently the build.prop and apns.xml have to be edited from what I found. I tried taking those files out of the mes version and putting them into the newest fascinate version and flashing. She booted but no data and still says verizon. No worries. I am at work till 7 an have nothing better to do anyway :D. So if anyone knows where I'm going wrong please let me know. When I get home and at my PC gonna try a few other things.

phatboy5015

Sep 29, 2010
How long have you been running CM7 though? I had zero problems until today, then it all went to hell.

My boss was pretty mad that my phone didn't work today.. I need something reliable.

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I can't say for sure but I know its been at least two weeks. I flashed it around the begining of the month

Cythrawl

Oct 19, 2010
How long have you been running CM7 though? I had zero problems until today, then it all went to hell.

My boss was pretty mad that my phone didn't work today.. I need something reliable.

If you need something reliable, stop using alpha ROMS. Both CM7 and MIUI are considered a "work in progress", you should expect problems and report them when you do...

If your phone has to be 100% reliable, then stick with a ROM thats known to be that (Heinz 57, Pick'n'pack, Stock, etc)

Just sayin' :)

phatboy5015

Sep 29, 2010
If you need something reliable, stop using alpha ROMS. Both CM7 and MIUI are considered a "work in progress", you should expect problems and report them when you do...

If your phone has to be 100% reliable, then stick with a ROM thats known to be that (Heinz 57, Pick'n'pack, Stock, etc)

Just sayin' :)
That's the plan, hence I said I was going back to Froyo..

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Well hopefully the issues will get ironed out. As for me I love CM. I think its one of the best roms I have used to date and have no intention on switching back unless I just have too :) JT is truely a very talented person. No one ever thought we would have half the crap we have now on a AOSP ROM and look now. He really outdid himself on this one.

mbrulla

Apr 17, 2011
Sheboygan, WI
I tried editing the build prop and created a new APN to match. It didn't work for me, so there is obviously something else we are missing.

However, the APN did save after the build prop edit, so it can't be too far off.

Sent from my I500 using XDA App

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Hell, I just took the build.prop and apns.xml from the current mes build and put in the new release. Didn't work. If you know how to edit them your already ahead of me. Gonna keep trying though.

Tap-a-Talked from my CM7'd Mesmerize :)

Last edited:

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Didn't think we would have too since we didn't on the previous builds.

Honestly I'm not too worried about it. The build I'm on is stable enough for a daily driver for me. I wouldn't mind having the latest fixes mainly so I can get my wife on it. She won't let me put it on till the mms is fixed which I understand as she texts alot of pics between her and her mom. But she is in no hurry and neither am I. Just thought it would be fun to play around and see if I could make it work. No worries. JT said he would update once he cleaned up his git in the OP. Don't know when that will be but hopefully it won't be too long. Until then I'm happy with what I got.

Last edited:

droidzach

Dec 23, 2010
Monroe, WI
Didn't think we would have too since we didn't on the previous builds.

I am only trying that as it is what we did when we were running the ec/ed01 modem to use the other fascinate specific roms on it. When we edited the build.prop and other files.

Honestly I'm not too worried about it. The build I'm on is stable enough for a daily driver for me. I wouldn't mind having the latest fixes mainly so I can get my wife on it. She won't let me put it on till the mms is fixed which I understand as she texts alot of pics between her and her mom. But she is in no hurry and neither am I. Just thought it would be fun to play around and see if I could make it work. No worries. JT said he would update once he cleaned up his git in the OP. Don't know when that will be but hopefully it won't be too long. Until then I'm happy with what I got.

Yeah I am also not that worried, but I have a little down time right now and just feel like messing around with stuff so I'm gonna play around! If I knew more about what I was doing, I would just try to compile a build from JT's sources my self, but every time I've tried that I miss something and it fails on me....better left to the ones who know what they are doing!

userno69

Dec 6, 2010
When is the work that's been done on the Fascinate CM7 by jt migrate to us Mesmerize users? Fascinate is already on 11.1 with EVERYTHING fixed and working, and 11.1 is the last build from jt. When will we see it on the mesmerize? Any kind of confirmation that it's being worked on would be nice... I've been a huge proponant of the fascinate CM7 in hopes we get it for the lowly mesmerize, and while I can't do any coding I did donate to jt... looking to see some love and get this amazing ROM for the mesmerize! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a test build/preview of the 2.6.35 MTD CM7 port for the Mesmerize and Showcase. It is built off the work of TeamHacksung, and is very different from earlier CM7 builds. At this point it is very functional, but still in very much of an ALPHA state.

Working:
    Calls!!
    SMS
    3G data
    GPS!!
    Bluetooth!!
    WiFi
    Camera/Camcorder
    USB mass storage / sdcard
    Sensors!!
    MMS

Not Working:
    bugs :p

Known Issues:
    * occassionally the radio may completely die (usually after phone has been powered off for a while) - fix: (shouldn't have to say this): pull the battery.

Included in the package is the base ROM and kernel. GAPPS must be flashed separately. Link below. You may also use nemesis2all's kernel here : http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1119169

When flashed the first time, your filesystems will be converted to MTD (yaffs2/ext4). Do not try to flash any other ROMs via cwm at that point, and do not try to get into recovery via the 3 button method. Use adb reboot recovery or the reboot recovery option from the power menu. To revert, and switch to another ROM, flash a full Odin/Heimdall package.

Since your filesystems are being fully converted, there is no need for Voodoo or any other lagfix. DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ANY KIND OF LAGFIX ON THIS ROM!!! Voodoo sound capability is however included in the kernel.

To install, boot into cwm recovery, wipe data, and flash the ROM. It will reboot and then do the actual install. If you are on a previous version, you can simply flash it over your current install. If you have problems, try wiping data first. The ROM will work whether you are on rfs or ext4.

*** Update 06/09 ***
    fixed in-call audio
    fixed bluetooth in-call audio

*** Update 06/20 ***
    fixed GPS
    re-enabled backlight notifications (you DO NOT need BLN control app)
    disabled (broken) auto-brightness
    other misc changes, see my github

*** Update 6/24 ***
    fixed BT that was accidentally broken in previous build
    updated to latest CM code
    added standalone kernel zips to address sensor issues ** stand-alone zips removed

*** Update 6/26 ***
    fixed sensor issues - now all sensors can be activated simultaneously

*** Update 07/05 ***
    added standalone zip to fix LED flash and deep sleep wake-up issues
    simply flash the attached zip over the current ROM
    full ROMs will be posted once I have time to clean up and redo my source repos

*** Update 07/21 ***
    fixed MMS
    these builds are up-to-date with fascinate now

This is a WiP, and meant as more of a preview than anything else. If you enjoy it, click the Thanks or Donate buttons. Either one is fine by me. Enjoy :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?18gzh11s4enkx4h - Mesmerize ROM

http://www.mediafire.com/?08b7o4svmddr0rv - Showcase ROM

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip - GAPPS
    There's nothing carrier specific in the kernel. Use whichever you want, they're all the same as far as that goes.

I have a much newer build for mesmerize available , will post a link shortly

JT, I know ETA's are frowned upon but I was wondering if you'd be able to update the Mes rom? Or are you relying on our devs to update from Github?

I have to reclean my tree, been focused on getting things merged with mainline cm. Will probably have some new builds up later this week.

For those having issues getting CM7 flashed (you're getting an error code from CWM and installation is aborting) Follow the below!

Download this .zip here -> http://olvisfoundation.com/xdadump/bdemartino/ROMS/updater-script.zip

Open the ROM .zip that you downloaded from JT here in the OP - navigate to
    /META-INf/com/google/android/
    Delete the existing "updater-script" file
    Drag the one out of the .zip you just downloaded and place in the ROM .zip. (I don't even extract the files, just use 7zip and you can browse the .zip without extracting.

After that, it should flash fine. Let me know.