[PRJ] GVV 0.7.5 - Google Visual Voicemail - Now with more Login options [1/02]

Search This thread

digida

Feb 18, 2009
Charleston, WV
I keep getting this error "Specified argument was out of the valid values". I have tried downloading the NetCF 3.5 file from Microsoft's website and this did not change anything. I have double checked my settings and I am using the correct username and password and have also made sure I am using 10 digit phone numbers as was mentioned earlier in the thread.

I used custom Energy ROMs (usually the most recent that is available) on my Sprint Touch Pro2. I suspect it is something with the NetCF that is cooked into the ROM but I would have thought that it would be fixed when installing the official pacakge.

Also, in settings, if I do a "Clear Cache" or "Clear Cache" it gives me a "Cache directory does not exist" error. Not sure if this normal since I have not been able to successfully log in.

I had been able to use on of the first releases of this (I think 0.2) but since I have upgraded I have not been able to get this to work.

jank0023

Jul 10, 2007
Tampa, FL
Memory Issue

I really like your application. User interface is nice and easy and it looks good to the eye. One thing I notice is that there is some type of memory issue in that after I close GVV the OS seems unable to recapture the memory used.

Not sure if this is due to your application or CF3.5 or some other OS component. Would be perfect if that didn't occur as it causes me to usually reboot shortly after closing out of gvv.

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
I keep getting this error "Specified argument was out of the valid values". I have tried downloading the NetCF 3.5 file from Microsoft's website and this did not change anything. I have double checked my settings and I am using the correct username and password and have also made sure I am using 10 digit phone numbers as was mentioned earlier in the thread.

I used custom Energy ROMs (usually the most recent that is available) on my Sprint Touch Pro2. I suspect it is something with the NetCF that is cooked into the ROM but I would have thought that it would be fixed when installing the official pacakge.

Also, in settings, if I do a "Clear Cache" or "Clear Cache" it gives me a "Cache directory does not exist" error. Not sure if this normal since I have not been able to successfully log in.

I had been able to use on of the first releases of this (I think 0.2) but since I have upgraded I have not been able to get this to work.

Some people have reported trouble using the hardware keyboard when entering passwords, please try it with the onscreen keyboard and see if that works.
Also, please make sure you are using you@gmail.com for the username.

The phone numbers do not affect the login process, they can be left blank if you don't use their related features.
If "this phone's number" is blank the dialer won't work, and if "GV Number" is blank GVV won't update when GV sends the new voicemail SMS.
As Sinister said, the numbers should be entered as 10-digit with no punctuation, ie. 718####### .

I really like your application. User interface is nice and easy and it looks good to the eye. One thing I notice is that there is some type of memory issue in that after I close GVV the OS seems unable to recapture the memory used.

Not sure if this is due to your application or CF3.5 or some other OS component. Would be perfect if that didn't occur as it causes me to usually reboot shortly after closing out of gvv.

It appears you are correct, I will investigate this and hopefully clean it up for the next version. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: I see what the issue is, I'll try to get a GVV 0.6.1 out tonight.

Last edited:

pengee

May 31, 2009
Excellent application!

For the upcoming release can you include the option to select what type of call back number is being used?

I would like to have this app call back a gizmo number but it doesn't seem to be able to. Thank you!

thesecondsfade

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
Excellent application!

For the upcoming release can you include the option to select what type of call back number is being used?

I would like to have this app call back a gizmo number but it doesn't seem to be able to. Thank you!

If your Gizmo number is setup as one of your Google Voice numbers, this app should work to use the CallBack feature.

digida

Feb 18, 2009
Charleston, WV
Some people have reported trouble using the hardware keyboard when entering passwords, please try it with the onscreen keyboard and see if that works.
Also, please make sure you are using you@gmail.com for the username.

I have tried both the on screen and keyboard. My google voice account is not a "@gmail.com" account. I have a google account using my Google Apps domain and when I signed up for voice. So my username is something like xyz@digida.com (not my real domain, hehe). Could it be something like that causing the problem? I can log in to the google voice website just fine. Could you application be expecting an @gmail username and that is why I am getting an error?

formula84

Aug 17, 2007
Philadelphia - HTC One (m7)
It appears you are correct, I will investigate this and hopefully clean it up for the next version. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: I see what the issue is, I'll try to get a GVV 0.6.1 out tonight.

Thank you, I have been loving you app, downloading .6 now, waiting on .61 as I noticed the gvv.exe will stay stuck what exit, then relaunch and it spawns a new instance. This is seen using DotFred TSKMGR.

Oh donation sent! 2X285152TX847570M

THANKS for your great work on a much needed application for us WM users!

torch29

Mar 5, 2009
Great app

Love this app, I've been looking for something like this for a while. I also had issue with typing my password in. I using a LG Incite and it seems that the program doesn't like keyboard that Lg uses. When I switch to winmo's default keyboard everything was fine. The keyboard issue only effects the password section.

ethanpil

Nov 20, 2007
error

The error I got says "An error message is available for this exception but cannot be displayed because these messages are optional and are not currently installed on this device. Please install 'NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab' for Windows Mobile 5.0 and above or 'NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab' for other platforms. Restart the application to see the message."

I am getting this error as well. I am on a Sprint Touch Pro.

I have tried with Energy Rom, Root Rom and even Stock.
(These roms vary with WM6.1 or 6.5)

I have up on GVV, but I just got my phone replaced yesterday and I thought I would try again but still have the problem on all the roms I have tried.

I entered my username and password with the screen keyboard and followed all of the instructions, but I get this every time I open the program and/or click to manually update. I have never been able to see any messages in the list. I have tried v5.5 and v6

Can someone give me some advice? I would love to have this app working...

MAD_Matt

Oct 26, 2007
Oklahoma City
I am getting this error as well. I am on a Sprint Touch Pro.

I have tried with Energy Rom, Root Rom and even Stock.
(These roms vary with WM6.1 or 6.5)

I have up on GVV, but I just got my phone replaced yesterday and I thought I would try again but still have the problem on all the roms I have tried.

I entered my username and password with the screen keyboard and followed all of the instructions, but I get this every time I open the program and/or click to manually update. I have never been able to see any messages in the list. I have tried v5.5 and v6

Can someone give me some advice? I would love to have this app working...

make sure you have NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab installed, you can google that and download it too if needed.

Lo3

Apr 17, 2010
New Feature?

Hi this is a great app! Thanks for developing it. I have an idea for your consideration and it should not be too difficult to implement. I have had the good fortune of getting a couple of additional GV numbers. So I have a number in a couple of different area codes. I was wondering if you could support multiple GV accounts and simply allow the desired account to be selected when starting the app or having a default one that could be selected after a short time out if the user does not select a new one. If the location of the specific account data etc could be selected that would be nice also.

Thanks for the great app.

Phenomenon

Nov 28, 2007
Great App

Sweet, I finally got an invite and decided to try this. Pretty freaking awesome! I'm using the .6 beta though. Some thoughts on it.

1) Make it so when you touch and hold on a voicemail or sms it'll bring up the options on what to do there (like Delete, Save, etc.)

2) A back to home screen would be nice. Not home like sense home, but home to your app home

3) Make the home screen so it shows BOTH SMS AND VOICEMAIL.

4) Not anything else, damn near perfect in my mind.

Really great app. Definitely look for a donation from me sson :)

ethanpil

Nov 20, 2007
I have tried both the on screen and keyboard. My google voice account is not a "@gmail.com" account. I have a google account using my Google Apps domain and when I signed up for voice. So my username is something like xyz@digida.com (not my real domain, hehe). Could it be something like that causing the problem? I can log in to the google voice website just fine. Could you application be expecting an @gmail username and that is why I am getting an error?

I am also getting the "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values." error message. I am also on a Google Voice account from Apps (which doesnt end with @gmail.com) Have never been able to get the software to work. I wish I could...

chizzwhizz

Nov 22, 2009
this is a great app. I just got my Googe Voice invite last night and set this app up and started using it immediately. I don't really know what you should change if there is anything

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sl4sherm I've been testing 0.70 and everything seems great! Thank you

Wondering, is there a way I can automatically login when the program opens?

Not at the moment, I'll add it in a later revision.
    New Year, New Version!

Autologin was a glaring omission so it's in and we've got initial support for multiple accounts. Let me know how much interest there is for that feature so I know whether to develop it further.

So I present:
    (0.7.5)

Auto Login
    Autologin option added to start screen. Untick it to interrupt it and make changes.

Per account cache
    Each username gets it's own cache file. So you can use GVV with multiple accounts. I don't think you can use a character in an email address that you can't use in a filename, prove me wrong and I'll change the naming system. (You may be able to break something by typing junk into the username field but everything should work for real usernames)

Fixed
    Busy icon over messages no longer over messages.

You will loose access to your cache due to the naming change!
    If you want to keep it, rename the voicemail.xml and sms.xml files to username-voicemail.xml and username-sms.xml.

Get it from the first post as always.

Let me know what features you guys still want added to this.

Happy New Year!
    I have one issue that was not resolved by reinstalling 0.7.5, cleaning whole cashe. It is that once I get more than three messages in a conversation with someone, GVV displays only the first message of that thread and nothing else. Is there some hidden functionality that I am not aware of to show the whole thread?

PS. Will the app work if I install it on the Storage Card?

I've just had an sms conversation via google voice to see how it behaves with long conversations. I will need to update the SMS parsing code to take into account the "# more messages" link that google provides.

I don't believe there are any absolute paths in the app that would force you to to put it in program files, that's just how I built the cab, so if you wanna try to move the files you should have no problem.
    Ah sweet sweet vacation, nothing to do for a week but sit on the couch.
    And thus I present my holiday gift to you all: GVV 0.7. Get it from the first post as always!

Login Screen
    Framework for changing log in on start has been added. Right now the login screen is just a way to edit the username options found in the settings file and screen. As the main screen still performs the login right now, incorrect credentials will not stop you from proceeding to the main screen (nor will a failed login).

Quickscroll
    Quickscroll on contact lists. Buttons on the side of the contact list to jump to a section like HTC Contact Enhancement.

Fixed
    The "Error drawing image[]" bug.
    Improvements to dialer delete button, better rapid press support and holding for 1 sec+ will delete the whole field.
    Removed skip to end ">>|" button, due to lack of necessity.
    I was so excited when I saw this app...

because I've been running idialer/icontact/agephone w/PTSN and it's a. overencumbent and b. not nearly as attractive as your app!

I'm running 0.75 on a GSM TP2, tmo, htc stock rom listed below, over wifi. With everything on the device shut off except the wifi connection(including all today plugins, manila and tmo connection), when I try to log in, I get the error "Did not receive _rnr_se!" Of course at this point, everything that I try returns a 500 internal server error.

Please help... :(