[Q][CM11][Xperia M] Phone won't wake up after screen locking

Search This thread

prppedro

Cheers, XDA colleagues

In first place, I want to apologize in advance for English mistakes, because I have only a basic knowledge in that language and I'm typing it all at the end of the night, here. So, I'm somewhat oblitered by the sleepless time I spent diagnosing and trying to fix some problems I had while flashing CM11 to my Xperia M device.

Well, due to some mistakes when installing GApps (I didn't want to be all-connected to Google), I have formated and reinstalled the system at least four times. Now, at the fourth time, I had everything more ou less setted up the way I wanted. Had some commonplace apps -- like WhatsApp -- installed, some UI features customized. At this point, I tought "Uff... Now it's all done".

However, it wasn't. Actually, I'm running into a bizarre problem with sleep mode, a few time after being locked. When my phone enters it, it won't exit. To make things a bit more clear: it dies, and in a way that's necessary remove battery and put it back on to turn it on again.

I'd check syslog and dmesg, but I don't know where are them at the Android filesystem (in fact, I haven't used *nix in a couple of years). So, I'm relying to my dear colleagues of these forums, if they have a clue on what's going on.

I'm using FXP330 ROM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2584956).

Thank you very much!
Att.,
P. Pinheiro

Last edited:

Ambychy

Mar 5, 2014
Places
system files are very delicate. what exactly did u modify because this means u re gonna need to reflash the whole rom

prppedro

system files are very delicate. what exactly did u modify because this means u re gonna need to reflash the whole rom

Hi, Ambychy, thanks for the reply!

Yeah, it's actually what I ended up doing. Now it's working with no interruptions. Shame I'll need to reflash it because it had no GSM signal, and to make it work it's necessary reflash stock 4.3, and have 4.3 baseband flashed. So, for all effects, the subject of this thread were solved.

But it's what CyanogemMod about: it's a geek way and you'll run into some problems, but in the end everything got be working fine and in highly costumizable way.

Cheers