[Q] [PICS] Stuck on "Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue" [URGENT]

Search This thread

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Hello XDA, haven't been on these forums for a while.

I have a slight issue with a Galaxy SIII I just picked up off a friend.

The S3 goes to this screen every time I try to boot it with the power button:

image.jpg

And I AM able to get to the download mode screen:

image.jpg

I've tried to flash a Stock Rooted Firmware onto the phone using Odin 3.07, and all it does is say it failed.

Another thing to note is that I CAN'T boot into recovery, and that I do not have Clockworkmod installed.

Also, I am not sure if my device is rooted as it was given to me by someone else..

Any help on trying to solve this issue will be much appreciated!! Thank you! ��

EDIT: if you can't see the images for some reason, it is just a photo of the "Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue" screen and a photo of the download mode screen.

More info:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-T999
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (4 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: custom
SYSTEM STATUS: official
QUALCOMM SECURE BOOT ENABLE

well for one your s3 is from T-mobile so you can't really download Odin flashable roms from here on the Sprint S3 forum the only help i can give is go to the T-mobile s3 forum and it sounds like you might have a bad cable try with another one or a different PC

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA, haven't been on these forums for a while.

I have a slight issue with a Galaxy SIII I just picked up off a friend.

The S3 goes to this screen every time I try to boot it with the power button:

image.jpg

And I AM able to get to the download mode screen:

image.jpg

I've tried to flash a Stock Rooted Firmware onto the phone using Odin 3.07, and all it does is say it failed.

Another thing to note is that I CAN'T boot into recovery, and that I do not have Clockworkmod installed.

Also, I am not sure if my device is rooted as it was given to me by someone else..

Any help on trying to solve this issue will be much appreciated!! Thank you! ��

EDIT: if you can't see the images for some reason, it is just a photo of the "Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue" screen and a photo of the download mode screen.

More info:
    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SGH-T999
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (4 counts)
    CURRENT BINARY: custom
    SYSTEM STATUS: official
    QUALCOMM SECURE BOOT ENABLE

well for one your s3 is from T-mobile so you can't really download Odin flashable roms from here on the Sprint S3 forum the only help i can give is go to the T-mobile s3 forum and it sounds like you might have a bad cable try with another one or a different PC