AEONFLEX Q&A Troubleshooting

Search This thread

bigfau

Inactive Recognized Developer
Last edited:

freakyd9984

May 2, 2010
No problem and I wish I had better news for you. I don't think LGFlash is going to help. Again, I hope I'm wrong. I've seen too many of my friends go through it though. I would check to see if you can have it replaced.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

How do u back up your EFS files

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
**This is "my" way of doing things on my D800. I cannot take any responsibility for your device getting effed up no matter who's directions you follow!"

So you think you've got issues with this ROM? Won't boot, flash or start-up. Well, maybe you haven't followed the proper flashing sequence or you have a bad download. Did you know that 99.999% of the issues people are having is user related? Well, maybe I don't know the exact percentage, but you get my drift. :)

Seriously though, before posting a question, make sure you have done all the personal troubleshooting possible. To help make this a little easier, I am posting the exact method I use for flashing this ROM and I haven't had a single issue.

Before flashing any ROM, you should always be sure to do a proper back-up of your EFS files. This could very well save you from a bricked G2 and save you from having headaches if you do something wrong during the flash, wipe, etc...

The method I use is to download FreeGee from HERE. Once you have downloaded and installed FreeGee, you will have an option for backing up your EFS files and also will provided the different versions of TWRP (TWRP is all I use). Once your EFS files are backed-up, immediately upload them to the "cloud". If you need a good cloud app, HERE is one.

Now that you have this done, you are ready to attempt installing a custom ROM. Here are the steps that I take:

1. Boot into recovery
2. Make a back-up of your current ROM
3. Go back to the recovery home screen
4. Hit the Wipe button
5. Hit the Advanced Wipe button
6. Check the boxes for Dalvik Cache, System, Data and Cache. DO NOT CHECK THE INTERNAL STORAGE BOX!!!
7. Once the wipe is complete, go back to the recovery home screen
8. Hit the Install box
9. Choose the ROM you want to install
10. Swipe to confirm the flash

Once the flash is done, it should say successful if all went correctly. From that screen hit Reboot System. You should see the sweet boot screen and then be brought to the setup screen.

If you have done all this and you are still having trouble, please re-download the ROM and follow the steps again. You may have gotten a bad download.

If after you have followed these steps twice and you still have a ROM specific question, post away.

If anyone has something to add to this, let me know and I will add it. I hope this helps at least one person. bigfau, if you want me to remove this, please let me know.

Other Notes:
~ If you are on the software version that ends with "o", you will likely have to LGFlash back to the "d" version. @AyDee Thank you!
~ The newer version of TWRP and Philz Recovery may cause issues with flashing. I am using TWRP v2.6.3.3 and have no issues with it.

Last edited:

Cyoptix

Mar 21, 2013
Anyone use Facebook Messenger on D800 with 3.0 and have it open two apps when you run it? Tried uninstalling and installing it again and still does it. Only app that does. Any idea how to fix it?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

CotoZ

Jan 23, 2014
Hello, I have the lgsetupwizard force close... What I do? Thanks!

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

josh012

Oct 13, 2012
hey guys just want to share my experience when updatin 3.0.1 to 3.0.2.. here it goes . after i flash 3.0.2 i wipe also dalvic cache and after that i reboot my phone and got stucked at fastboot mode .. i just did search a little on the web . didnt find any answers . but then again as my experience of my phone being bricked i suddenly realize that i think i have a wrong kernel in my phone.. so what i did was to download stock based kernel . access my phone to twrp recovery . flash the stock kernel then reboot . :crossfingered: then it works like a charm . it booted . and now i am happy w/ my phone . :)) i hope this one help someone thankss

Sent from my unknown using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fauert

Mar 5, 2011
hey guys just want to share my experience when updatin 3.0.1 to 3.0.2.. here it goes . after i flash 3.0.2 i wipe also dalvic cache and after that i reboot my phone and got stucked at fastboot mode .. i just did search a little on the web . didnt find any answers . but then again as my experience of my phone being bricked i suddenly realize that i think i have a wrong kernel in my phone.. so what i did was to download stock based kernel . access my phone to twrp recovery . flash the stock kernel then reboot . :crossfingered: then it works like a charm . it booted . and now i am happy w/ my phone . :)) i hope this one help someone thankss

You DL and flash stock based kernel , from where and what ? access your phone by sideload or ??

josh012

Oct 13, 2012
You DL and flash stock based kernel , from where and what ? access your phone by sideload or ??

i tried dorimanx kernel its a stock based kernel . i flashed it tru twrp . i have accessed using hardware keys combination . power down your phone. then hold power + volume - then when you see the lg screen . release your fingers then push it can using the same keys . you will be headed in factory reset mode . if yiu have installed twrp earlier before you bricked your phone . just follow tje step on the screen dont be afraid because that will only lead you to the recovery mode ..

jimmydee62

Feb 7, 2011
Allen
WIFI issue

I installed this rom on my D801 and seemed to go well. I booted up phone and could not connect to WIFI so I bypassed that part and when on. Everything seemed to be working so I went into WIFI settings again and tried to connect again but still wouldn't connect just kept searching. Can anyone help me resolve this issue because this really is a great looking rom and would like to use it?

alex72

I installed this rom on my D801 and seemed to go well. I booted up phone and could not connect to WIFI so I bypassed that part and when on. Everything seemed to be working so I went into WIFI settings again and tried to connect again but still wouldn't connect just kept searching. Can anyone help me resolve this issue because this really is a great looking rom and would like to use it?

I had similar problem on D800 and solved it by flashing TWRP 2.6.3.3 and then re-flashing this ROM. Hope it helps.

Fauert

Mar 5, 2011
i tried dorimanx kernel its a stock based kernel . i flashed it tru twrp . i have accessed using hardware keys combination . power down your phone. then hold power + volume - then when you see the lg screen . release your fingers then push it can using the same keys . you will be headed in factory reset mode . if yiu have installed twrp earlier before you bricked your phone . just follow tje step on the screen dont be afraid because that will only lead you to the recovery mode ..

I "mis"understood you lol .... flash the stock kernel ... habla .... habla... :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know what to do. If you have any questions or problems come here. Me or someone else will do our best to help you resolve any issues.

@bigfau, any fix for camera issue ?

D802?
    Try "App Settings" module in Xposed. Change camera DPI to 479 or 481.

ÆONFLEX - 3.0.1

ÆONFLEX-3.0.3 Why Flash Anything Else.
    Members, lets please stay on the Topic of troubleshooting regarding AeonFlex....The other matters regarding permissions are being addressed and will be handled.....

Thank You.
    **This is "my" way of doing things on my D800. I cannot take any responsibility for your device getting effed up no matter who's directions you follow!"

So you think you've got issues with this ROM? Won't boot, flash or start-up. Well, maybe you haven't followed the proper flashing sequence or you have a bad download. Did you know that 99.999% of the issues people are having is user related? Well, maybe I don't know the exact percentage, but you get my drift. :)

Seriously though, before posting a question, make sure you have done all the personal troubleshooting possible. To help make this a little easier, I am posting the exact method I use for flashing this ROM and I haven't had a single issue.

Before flashing any ROM, you should always be sure to do a proper back-up of your EFS files. This could very well save you from a bricked G2 and save you from having headaches if you do something wrong during the flash, wipe, etc...

The method I use is to download FreeGee from HERE. Once you have downloaded and installed FreeGee, you will have an option for backing up your EFS files and also will provided the different versions of TWRP (TWRP is all I use). Once your EFS files are backed-up, immediately upload them to the "cloud". If you need a good cloud app, HERE is one.

Now that you have this done, you are ready to attempt installing a custom ROM. Here are the steps that I take:

1. Boot into recovery
    2. Make a back-up of your current ROM
    3. Go back to the recovery home screen
    4. Hit the Wipe button
    5. Hit the Advanced Wipe button
    6. Check the boxes for Dalvik Cache, System, Data and Cache. DO NOT CHECK THE INTERNAL STORAGE BOX!!!
    7. Once the wipe is complete, go back to the recovery home screen
    8. Hit the Install box
    9. Choose the ROM you want to install
    10. Swipe to confirm the flash

Once the flash is done, it should say successful if all went correctly. From that screen hit Reboot System. You should see the sweet boot screen and then be brought to the setup screen.

If you have done all this and you are still having trouble, please re-download the ROM and follow the steps again. You may have gotten a bad download.

If after you have followed these steps twice and you still have a ROM specific question, post away.

If anyone has something to add to this, let me know and I will add it. I hope this helps at least one person. bigfau, if you want me to remove this, please let me know.

Other Notes:
    ~ If you are on the software version that ends with "o", you will likely have to LGFlash back to the "d" version. @AyDee Thank you!
    ~ The newer version of TWRP and Philz Recovery may cause issues with flashing. I am using TWRP v2.6.3.3 and have no issues with it.
    I've been noticing a lot of complaints about the lack of mobile data on the LS980.

I tried this rom out myself and was only able to access the mobile networks menu once, after that it was greyed out. And there's no menu for updating PRL/Profile and ##UPDATE# doesn't work either.

How do we get mobile data? Kind of an important feature on a smartphone.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it is with great joy that i bring you today, the ls980 data fix for aeonflex

Step 1) flash a stock based rom that you know for sure has working data for you.

Step 2) in system settings, update prl and profile.

Step 3) download apn backup and restore from play store after testing mobile data and confirming it works.

Step 4) backup apns

Step 5) flash aeonflex and patch as per the instructions for the rom

Step 6) using WiFi, install apn backup and restore and system/app mover from play store.

Step 7) using system/app mover, make apn backup and restore a system app

Step 7a) you can also do this manually with a root file browser by moving the apk to /system/app and setting permissions. Recommended for advanced users only

Step 8) reboot

Step 9) open apn backup and restore and press menu then select disable ics check

Step 10) restore apns

Step 11) reboot.

You should now have working 3g/4g data depending on your coverage area.

Can someone post the KitKat LG home theme

Sent from my K00F using Tapatalk

Not trying to be an ass but no, because its in MyHUB for download.Plus it is also located in the G2 thread for download also. You could have found it by now if you would have done a search first instead of asking for it

ÆONFLEX-3.0.3 Why Flash Anything Else.