[Q] Android on 8S?

Search This thread

Sparx639

Mar 29, 2012
North Woodstock
If you really want it, then you should talk to some nexus devs or the ones that ported wpX to the HTC hd2 they definitely know some stuff about porting and it is very possible to do

Sparx639

jodeltje

Jun 21, 2008
The 8s is in no way popular enough to get the devs to start putting in countless hours to make it run Android, just get the One S...

ilDuceo

Oct 4, 2009
Bavaria
i already have 8s and i like win8 very much. it is faster and more stable than android... i was just curious can i play with ROMs with this phone, nothing more. ;)

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
I also think the phone is not popular enough, i also assume the new Windows Phone 8's are even more locked down.

I personally changed for exact that reason to Windows Phone... I don't have time to search for better Roms... I need a great out of the box experience.

But I have to admit It's fun to flash a different OS to your phone just for fun.. :D

roxin.phoenix

Feb 23, 2011
Better get an android phone if you want android. But WP is an awsome OS I think. It is smoother than android. :)

Last edited:

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
I also have an android 4.0.4 with the same specs as the 8S...
It's lagging all the time... Not only lagging.. but waiting 6-7 sec. for Chrome
to start.. typing is a real horror... sometimes the keyboard is lagging 2-3 sec behind...

I don't have a custom ROM.. maybe it will run smoother with a custom ROM... because it has a lot bloat ware which I can not remove... i didn't had time to play around...

Sparx639

Mar 29, 2012
North Woodstock
I also have an android 4.0.4 with the same specs as the 8S...
It's lagging all the time... Not only lagging.. but waiting 6-7 sec. for Chrome
to start.. typing is a real horror... sometimes the keyboard is lagging 2-3 sec behind...

I don't have a custom ROM.. maybe it will run smoother with a custom ROM... because it has a lot bloat ware which I can not remove... i didn't had time to play around...

What phone is it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
AW: [Q] Android on 8S?

It's a Sony Xperia U...

It is not exactly the same cpu but also 1GHz Dualcore.. 512mb RAM..

For Windows Phone a old 1Ghz CPU single core and 256 MB RAM are enough for the OS to work without lag... Apps are a different story but the Basic OS functions are never lagging...

Android is so damn Power hungry..

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app