ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini - Root, Recovery and Google App.

Search This thread

guims78

Oct 15, 2007
Hello man,

the update.zip is the rom 1.42 right?
But when i go to about phone, and try to press on the icon for systemupdate, nothing happens even if i press like 100 times.
Can this be done by place it on the internal/ power off phone / volume+ and powerbutton and than update it?
Or will i again recieve an footer/signature error ??

thanks in advance...
We need some great developers for our new placed zte-community.eu/forum.php and translators...

You can do the update from Stock Recovery, with the update.zip on your SD card or Internal memory.

Leo_83

Aug 1, 2012
I'm on stock recovery with phone rooted with gapps from seller. Now I want to update to Mokee rom. How should I do it?

I have installed the USB drivers from op and enabled usb debugging. Then when I run the .bat file nothing happens. Any suggestions?

djbosanac

hello,

why am having trouble with run.permanente? i get a dos-screen but nothing happend.
I enabled debug mode, installed all the drivers an APk did followed your tutorial till the run_premanente, can you help me out?
Because i need 1.42 multi-lang installed on my device please helpo ....

PS, i have now just rooted and have run_permenento and now i am in twrp rayglobe recovey, but i want the multi langrom how to install it :(

Last edited:

Anijja

Oct 5, 2012
hello,

why am having trouble with run.permanente? i get a dos-screen but nothing happend.
I enabled debug mode, installed all the drivers an APk did followed your tutorial till the run_premanente, can you help me out?
Because i need 1.42 multi-lang installed on my device please helpo ....

PS, i have now just rooted and have run_permenento and now i am in twrp rayglobe recovey, but i want the multi langrom how to install it :(
Just go to Rayglobe Twrp Recovery and INSTALL 1.42 multi-lang ROM (zip file). The same instruction as install gapps.zip. :)

Leo_83

Aug 1, 2012
How is it compared to stock?
Smoothness, battery drain, bloatware, functionality (signal, GPS, etc)

Well I haven't done any extensive testing yet, but since with Mokee I get what looks like Vanilla I prefer it to stock.
I can't complain on smoothness seems to respond very quick. Bloatware are there but it is just uninstall the apps, not like in stock were they couldn't be uninstalled just inactivated. I can't say anything about battery since today is the first day I'm using the Mokee rom, I will have to get back to you on that one. Signal is good but I am having problem connecting with one of my sims to data I only get GSM even thou I have correct apn, so no I have the second sim as data provider. Tried to take some picture just really quick using the google camera and it seem to be quick, it focus fast but I haven't had the chance to evaluate the camera more than that.

Reactions: Oriwen

Oriwen

Feb 12, 2014
Thanks for reply, looks like rom is on good way, but not yet perfect for me (that data thing).

htcgr

Mar 14, 2009
steps to flash it v1.42...................

steps to flash it v1.42...................
1. remove the ZIP file (firmware v1.42) to your TF card, then put your card in your phone.
2. turn off your phone and then press power and (volume-) at same time until it is vibrate.
3. open the folder (recovery.zip) , run the file (recovery.cmd) and press the file which you removed in your card, then it will automatically updateing.

Leo_83

Aug 1, 2012
Anyone know if there is a good SMS app that lets the user switch from which sim to send the message from inside? The stock message app was good but I switched to a custom rom.
I'm currently using Textra as my deafult message app but it doesn't support that feature.

Last edited:

Retseem

I saw on Mobile Uncle website a recent modified v1.42 with Xposed & busybox pre-installed and a recent MIUI version.
Anyone tried one of these?
(Wanted to add the links as well over here, but I'm not allowed to do so yet)

Going for the 0924 Mokee version now.
I also downloaded a Mokee RC3 version from 0823, does anyone know if that version is from the same author as the 0924 version?

Lord_Snake

Jul 19, 2008
Hi, I'm using this Mokee ROM.
I'm loving it and the device is so so fast!

But I've a problem. I cannot use data in Roaming. I've a Portuguese SIM and I'm living in Spain. Does someone knows if its a bug or some strange configuration that I'm missing??

Thank you in advance.

Leo_83

Aug 1, 2012
I am also having problem with data on Mokee. I have two different sim (halebop and Alltele) that booth use the same apn, both connect to Telias net in Sweden, but it doesn't matter which slot I put them in the halebop sim never gets more than gsm. I tried fast on stock and I seem to remember there wasn't a problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Could be something in the Mokee rom being wrong and is there away to contact the developer?

Edit: Also has anyone tried connecting to 5 GHz WiFi it doesn't find my router when I search, just the 2,4 GHz

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

How is it compared to stock?
Smoothness, battery drain, bloatware, functionality (signal, GPS, etc)
Well you can read above on previous post the problem I having. Since I never tried the stock rom I don't know if the issues are related to the Mokee rom or not.

Here are screen captures of my first day on the Mokee rom. There is a 1,5 hour on Bluetooth and streaming music in this as well.

432894bcd925bae3b4d2426644b38f48.jpg

18b58c605f89cad239a2c423ae8fc527.jpg

Last edited:

Retseem

I like the Mokee ROM very much, at least after cleaning up all Chinese and Baidu bloat.
Smooth and fast.
Only the Dual SIM implementation is way better on the stock ROM:
- No Dual SIM Messaging/SMS support
- No ability to rename the SIM cards to easy identify them.
- Dialer only has one call button and comes up with selection popup when you want to make a call. I prefer to have two call buttons so you can callout via the right SIM immidiatley.

Anyone options to add above 3 funtionalities?

Leo_83

Aug 1, 2012
I like the Mokee ROM very much, at least after cleaning up all Chinese and Baidu bloat.
Smooth and fast.
Only the Dual SIM implementation is way better on the stock ROM:
- No Dual SIM Messaging/SMS support
- No ability to rename the SIM cards to easy identify them.
- Dialer only has one call button and comes up with selection popup when you want to make a call. I prefer to have two call buttons so you can callout via the right SIM immidiatley.

Anyone options to add above 3 funtionalities?

Yes...
Go to Settings -> Dual Sim and set "Ask User" on Sms and Call. This will only work with the Mokee Sms app and the Mokee Dialer and not with any third party app. Also my SIM cards get the names of my operator automatically.

Reactions: Retseem

Fwnk

Apr 4, 2008
Im having problems with data on Mokee too. Doesnt matter which SIM slot i use (i dont use the dual SIM feature). Im currently Roaming in Denmark, but however i set up the phone, i cant get any data through, while it was fine with stock rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini

Build: NX507J_CNCommon_V1.20
    Hardware: NX507JMB_B)

I'm one of foreigners who buy this phone from Hong Kong reseller and want to use Google App.

=================================================
    -=How to Root, Recovery and Google App. (At your own risk!)=-
    =================================================
    1. Preparation
    - Download and extract "Nubia Z7 Mini Root+Recovery.rar" and download "gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip".
    - Copy "TowelRoot v3.apk", "SuperSU Pro v2.0.0.apk" and "gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip" to the root directory of SD card and insert it to the Phone.

2. Root
    Install and run "TowelRoot v3.apk" from SD card and click "make it rain". If it's success, phone will not restart.

3. Super User
    Install and run "SuperSU Pro v2.0.0.apk" (Normal Install) from SD card.

4. ZTE Driver and Debugging Mode
    - Run "ZTE_Handset_USB_Driver.exe" in computer then connect phone to computer with USB data cable.
    - Run "Autorun.exe" when connect the phone to PC for more driver install.
    - Go to Settings->About phone and tab at "Build number" many times till "You are now a developer" appear.
    - Go to Settings->More(at the end of menu list)->Developer options and enable "USB debugging"
    - It will show "USB debugging connected" in Notification Bar

5. Rayglobe Mini TWRP Recovery
    Run "run_permanente.bat" from extracted "Nubia+_mini_twrp_ver_2.rar"
    RayglobeTwrp.jpg

6. Google App.
    Boot to Rayglobe Mini TWRP Recovery (by "Shutdown" and press "Volume Up" and "Power" button) and "INSTALL" "gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip" from External SD, "WIPE CACHE/DALVIK" then "REBOOT SYSTEM"

===============================================
    Files need :-

*** Nubia Z7 Mini Root+Recovery.rar
    http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/23454042/file.html

*** gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip
    http://devfil.es/7m2VdVjQ

Some fix :-

*** SMS notification problems. (Posted by Matta_Z)
    - Have you turned following options in settings of Messaging app: 1. "Light up screen" ; 2. "Display message notifications in status bar"; 3. "Receive Push Message" ?

*** YouTube issue (Posted by Leo_83)
    - uninstalled/reinstalled and then cleared cache for YouTube app

*** Keyboard issue (if any)
    Install 3rd party keyboard from Google Play by "Voice"

Misc :-

*** ROM Collection
    http://www.nubia.cn/service.php?sid=5
    http://www.muzisoft.com/brand/718m1017/

*** Tab at "nubia UI" and "Build number" :)

*** Video tutorial how to flash from buncit8 (Many thanks for sharing)
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC--lFpDfRCMx426dxNSI9SQ

*** Video tutorial how to Upgrade ROM from buncit8 (Many thanks for sharing)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCPY2IeufYI

*** Short Review of ZTE Nubia Z7 mini (in comment area)
    http://www.gizchina.com/2014/09/15/5-reasons-cant-wait-review-nubia-z7-mini/
    Hello everyone :)

you can find my firmware here:

http://www.androidiani.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6048635

is based on the last version 1.60 and it's multilingual ? supported languages are Italian and German.
    I just uploaded three other custom ROMS from ydss on Mega for you guys. It's one MIUI, one CM ROM, a LeWa-ROM (haven't heard of them yet, seems to be a chinese company producing custom roms for low-price smartphones) and the official 1.62 - didn't test them myself so it's your turn. :)
    Extracted all my links and infos on ROMs to this thread.

Cheers,
    Seyron
    Changing the MAC Address

I don't know why, but there are some users in this post with same MAC. I tried flashing 1.60 stock rom, mokee rom and cuoco 92 rom, wiping every time with cmw recovery and twrp recovery and there is no resoult. the fuc**ng MAc is still there.
    I'm quite desperated, I don't know what else can I do.

I always wanted to change the Mac address, but finally I found how to change it, and this is very simple !
    Step 1: Download ES File Explorer, obtain root privileges.
    After entering ES File Explorer, go to /Device/System and go to Options, switch ON the setting for Root Explorer for read-write mode.
    Step 2: Close WIFI
    Step 3: Go to / system / etc / firmware / wlan / prima /.
    There will be three files, find "WCNCC_qcom_cfg.ini"
    Open the file with ES Note Editor,
    Inside the file check for these 3 lines:
    Intf0MacAddress = 986CF563ECDB
    Intf1MacAddress = 986CF563ECDB
    Intf2MacAddress = 986CF563ECDB
    This is the Mac address, each person should be different,
    Change into anything, but remember, three Mac address should be changed to the same
    Intf0MacAddress = 001122334455
    Intf1MacAddress = 001122334455
    Intf2MacAddress = 001122334455
    Step 4: After changing the MAC, remember to save.
    After the save, without rebooting, you can switch ON WIFI.
    Translation from italian forum

First of all compliments to ZTE that had released 1.20/1.28/1.42. In shame of who said that will not give us support.
    This is a native english/chinese rom so it is given unrooted and without google apps. These apps would be added by yourself with the right gapps package for kitkat.
    In the case you need root access, you can rely on the good Towelroot.
    Tranlslation of the rom in italian (or any other language you need) can be done installing Morelocale2.
    I've tryed to install the rom with CWM /TWRP but in any case the procedure does not work (someone with TRWP tell me that worked).
    Whereas with Nubia stock recovery works everything. In my case I've flashed the update with this recovery and then I flashed gapps with custom recovery (after having restored it).
    Truly for who has 1.20 or 1.28 the update is notified by searching for it in menu "system update" but it is very slow to download and in most cases it does not work.
    FIRST OF ALL I SUGGEST to wipe cache/data/dalvik BEFORE flashing the rom, then install gapps using CWM.

This is the procedure:

1) Install ZTE drivers and be sure that the phone is detected in all cases (activate USB Debugging in developer mode options)
    2) Copy all files in /Phone storage (Update.zip, towelroot, supersu, gapps and all extras that you find after in the description
    3) Optional, do a backup of the phone. (If the device is new is not necessary)
    4) Install update.zip from nubia stock recovery (you have to power on the phone by pressing power+vol_up) after wiping data/cache/dalvik.
    If you don't do it could appear some errors caused by gapps package previously installed
    5) By rebooting your phone we could find that it is a stock nubia with only english and chinese, without gapps, root and supersu. If you need root
    use towelroot and then install supersu. Install any other software that you need.
    6) Install gapps package that you prefer (I suggest MICRO) in the way you like best: either with CWM (stock rom gets some error installing gapps)
    or by using the guide in the bottom of the page AFTER having rooted the device
    7) Install MoreLocale2 from playstore to translate the interface in your language (you need root)
    8) OPTIONAL: Do a nandroid backup with CWM (with custom recovery TWRP actually does not work)
    9) In case you have some problems:
    go to apple website :p

Z7 mini version 1.42
    Published: 2014-8-22

Description: MD5: 5C68ABE5B05DBC07FEAFDB717B492C42 Password: 1b7d

Changelog:

1. increased tone display function, you can set the natural color, cool colors, users can set their own preferences
    2. resolve modem crashes, wifi crash, enhance machine stability
    3. optimized dual card SMS, MMS, contacts features
    4. optimized dual-card signal
    5. optimization TD headset voice sound
    6. optimized camera to take pictures blurred pictures yellowish
    7. optimized camera experience
    8. optimized video player
    9. optimization gallery, picture editing functions
    10. WIFI function optimization
    11. optimization Niu Dun
    12. UI optimized visual effects
    13. optimized theme, alarm clock function
    14. optimized touch not working to reduce the probability of such issues will be missing when the letter quickly enter
    15. optimization higher memory footprint, increase available memory on
    the button at the bottom of the layout
    16. repair when only two long press the return key into question the freedom Screenshot
    17. repair clock widget time does not move the problem
    18. repair tips can not access the mobile network when dial telephone
    19. repair developer mode lower edge of the screen failure
    20. deleted after repair online themes, the problem can not be updated question
    21. repair auto mode when the AF switch to the front, the problem can not be photographed
    22. update QQ and other third-party software
    to optimize overall power consumption
    23. firmware optimization content includes but is not limited to the above listed items

Download links:

-Factory Rom 1.42-

Mirror Mediafire(rename file in update.zip):

-cwm recovery-

-Stock recovery-

-Towelroot-

-SuperSU-

-gapps-
    It exists many versions of gapps package.
    If you want a google experience like interface you can download fist package, the less of google apps you download the device results
    more like nubia interface experience.
    From now the gapps more upgraded are from PA guys and I submit the links from theirs packages.
    In the order we have the most larger to the leghter and there is the description of what they change/install

1. GOOGLE STOCK PACKAGE

This package is recommended for most users of current generation devices (legacy device owners may want to use Mini or Micro Modular GAPPs due to the size of this package). It includes all the Google Apps that come standard on Nexus devices.
    In this package you will find the Core Base, Google Gallery, Sun Beam Live Wallpaper, and the following Play Store applications:

"Chrome Browser (replaces stock/AOSP Browser), Cloud Print, Gmail, Google+, Google Calendar (replaces stock/AOSP Calendar), Google Camera (replaces stock/AOSP Camera), Google Drive, Google Earth, Google Keep, Google Now Launcher (replaces stock/AOSP Launcher ), Google Text-to-Speech (replaces stock/AOSP Pico TTS), Google Keyboard (replaces stock/AOSP Keyboard), Google Play Books, Google Play Games, Google Play Newsstand, Google Play Music, Google Play Movies, Google Play services, Google Search, Google Wallet, Hangouts (replaces stock/AOSP SMS App), Maps, Quickoffice, Sound Search for Google Play, Street View on Google Maps, TalkBack and YouTube."

2. FULL MODULAR PACKAGE

This package is similar to the Google Stock Package above except that it does NOT include Google Camera, Google Keyboard, Google Gallery, and will NOT remove your stock/AOSP Launcher, Keyboard, Browser, SMS App, or Pico TTS. In addition, it also includes Google Bookmarks Sync. If you don’t have a Nexus device and/or prefer to use the stock/AOSP apps, this package would be perfect for you.

3. MINI MODULAR PACKAGE

This package is designed for those who use limited Google apps or prefer to install apps on their own.

4. MICRO MODULAR PACKAGE

This package is designed for users of legacy devices with small system partitions or those who prefer a minimalistic approach.

I have installed MICRO package and then I have added the rest of application from playstore.
    If you want you can use the other package but I DID NOT TEST IT.

-Flash Player-

If you want you can install it and then you can activate it in a browser that supports it like Dolphin

-Xperia Album Gallery-

Gallery Xperia, is better than the nubia.

-ES File Explorer-

If you can't find rootexplorer required for manual pushing of gapps
    If you want to modify permissions in spite to copy files in system dir you have to root the device and then, in the options of ESFE activate "Root Explorer" from TOOLS menu

This is the mini-tutorial from Neumann66 for push gapps manually without change recovery and use its extra functionality:

NB: It seems that with this procedure it does not work synchronization of google contacts. We are working to patch the problem

1. After install of new stock ROM (the one in chinese/english) download and install either towelroot and supersu

2. Install rootmanager (you find apk in web)

3. Extract the apk files from gapps package you have already downloaded and copy the apk to the root directory of the device:

-PrebuiltGmsCore.apk
    -Phonesky.apk
    -GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    -GoogleLoginService.apk

4. Open rootmanager(or es file explorer), copy apk files extracted in directory: / system / priv-app

6. For each of these files you must give all permissions (set flags in all fields)(Check permissions with es file explorer).

7. Reboot

The end?

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    I beg your perdon if my english is not perfect... If you have some problems you can try to do the question to me.
    I've installed successfully the gapps using CWM, so I don't know how to do the manual installation.

I cannot post the links because i'm a new user (I've never write here, but I've read a lot)

If someone wants to correct my bad english and insert links, I will be pleased.

The translation is not litteral in every point.