[QUESTION] PSFreedom on Tattoo possible?

Search This thread
G

GuestK0065

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=772795

Apparently it is possible to run the PSFreedom Jailbreak App on all MSM72x CPU, and considering the Tattoo has one, then theoretically it should be able to run it right?

But in it's current state, will it work on our Tattoo's and how in the freaking hell does it work anyway? xD

Anyways, just wanted to drop this here.

francians

May 28, 2010
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=772795

Apparently it is possible to run the PSFreedom Jailbreak App on all MSM72x CPU, and considering the Tattoo has one, then theoretically it should be able to run it right?

But in it's current state, will it work on our Tattoo's and how in the freaking hell does it work anyway? xD

Anyways, just wanted to drop this here.

Is confirmed the porting on android and psp. But we don't know what will need to run. A new kernel, sure. Maybe the terminal emulator (or a gui) to start/stop the deamon.

G

GuestK0065

Is confirmed the porting on android and psp. But we don't know what will need to run. A new kernel, sure. Maybe the terminal emulator (or a gui) to start/stop the deamon.

As far as I've heard, you need to not have USB at all (only charging works) to be able to run this.

So either as someone said on the original thread, someone makes a recovery image that we can flash for that same purpose OR dual-boot from SD.

To be honest I don't see the second one happening on the Tattoo

blackkn1ght

Apr 3, 2010
To run this hack you'll need a non-senseUI 2.2 rom.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tarAC83Wjsq2QZvP4iR5mlw&toomany=true

At least on kernel 2.6.29 (spqrom 0.4), the tattoo uses the msm_hsusb driver instead of the MSM72K, so i don't think it will work without porting it. But the hero and dream use msm_hsusb on 2.6.2x kernel and MSM72K on 2.6.3x. Maybe a kernel update could fix this for us (hear that, rom cookers? update the kernel of your froyo roms!)

segway_

Feb 20, 2010
Ioannina
To run this hack you'll need a non-senseUI 2.2 rom.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tarAC83Wjsq2QZvP4iR5mlw&toomany=true

At least on kernel 2.6.29 (spqrom 0.4), the tattoo uses the msm_hsusb driver instead of the MSM72K, so i don't think it will work without porting it. But the hero and dream use msm_hsusb on 2.6.2x kernel and MSM72K on 2.6.3x. Maybe a kernel update could fix this for us (hear that, rom cookers? update the kernel of your froyo roms!)

Hi,
In eclair kernel for tattoo there are the drivers for MSM72K! Later i ll try to
compile a kernel with MSM72K support for tattoo and publish it here to test
it.

Seg.

inluxc

Mar 19, 2010
Vila do Conde
Well were we go... for Desire and G1...

h**p://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8025826&postcount=52
h**p://www.ps3-hacks.com/2010/09/06/hack-your-ps3-with-your-androiddesire/

speedyracer5

May 5, 2010
Last edited:

rwmanos

Mar 3, 2010
so probably if you use segway's experimental .32 kernel it is going to work . try it.I don't have a ps3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi all
    new payload firmware 3.41 + psn + 3.50 spoofing
    dezip the file default payload 3.41 bin
    extract file on your tattoo sdcard
    place the file in payload and replace the file
    boot recovery mode
    launch psfreedom
    go menu load from sdcard\payloads\default_payload_3.41_bin and click [me i have two default payload 3.41 i select first]
    after its ok boot your console with the same procedure
    But Is there hope to have psfreedom working on firmware 3.42? :confused:

tomorrow we'll have the answer!
    i just brought a tattoo,after dumping my touch pro,im a newbie

i need help.

a full guide on wat to do to jailbreak, and what rom tou.

please help,ive searched everywhere and there is no guide.

thank u
    Checked out the official PSFreedom Wiki Guide for the HTC Tattoo, you can find it here:

http :// psfreedom. com/ wiki / HTC_Tattoo [No Spaces]

It has the recovery image available for download and a short guide on how to install it. Hope it helps.
    Your flash_image command is missing, it happened to me when I updated my Tattoo to a new ROM (seems the rom, wipes everything and re-installs what it is on the ROM image). To rectify this, I just used the easy-1click root app again (search and you shall find or just click on the Prerequisites root guide link within the PSFreedom Tattoo Wiki Page and it will re-install it, along with su etc. If you do go down this route rename the PSRecovery Image to "TCRI.alpha.img" in the c:\rtattoo\sdcard\ directory and it will flash the PSRecovery for you.

Also I must add I spoke to @Klutsh on the PSFreedom IRC today and asked him about the psmodservice, he has been busy debugging errors today but said he will get round to it as it is on the list. Keep an eye out on klush.com for more info.
    yes thats normal because it isn't the last recovery img
    the last recovery had given some errors to some of my friends so i recommend staying with that one and only update the payloads