Valhalla-BlackEdition Q & A

Search This thread

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
This is a Q&A for Raver’s Valhalla-BlackEdition thread.

Rules I would like to see followed:
- If you quote there is no need to quote the entire post – quote the part of the post you are responding to. Delete the rest.

- THEME RELATED QUESTIONS (i.e. icons/wallpapers) belong in the theme and apps sub forum: THEME AND APPS

- If somebody asks lazy questions, just IGNORE THEM! They will eventually get the HINT! MarkP80nj Quote: "If no one answers you, maybe try learning how to do it yourself."

- And Hit the THANKS button if somebody helps you! It is the least we can do!

Help keep this thread at the top so Noobs will see and stay out of the Dev forum!

Last edited:

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Reserved for good points made in the thread:

Raver's Clarification:
let me clarify this after you install the rom do not change the mount to ummu It only applys to install (made moot after the new installer and i fixed the mount errror issue with the installer cwm.

What it looks like people are doing and why its soft bricking is after install you unmounting the system so when you boot you soft brick because the kernel cannot mount system... Because YOU UNMOUNTED IT.....

From FBis251:
Download Valhalla Black Final. Raver's got a custom GPS driver in it. Trust me, it works well. haven't had issues with GPS since I've used it.

What was the font in rc2? ----> sony style

How i can get the blue eye (or any other) wallpaper again?
Which ROM was it in? Do you still have the .zip?
- Pull the system/app/Launcher.apk
- Unzip it. Yes, apk is a zip file.
- Look in res/drawable-hdpi folder.

Does the final.zip have a shutdown animation?
- In the Final.zip file in \system\media\video\shutdown - the folder is empty.
- If you have the BlackEdition.zip file in \system\media\video\shutdown - shutdown.qmg is in the folder.

Add back the 'Audible touch tones', 'Audible selection', and 'Screen lock Sounds' that are not in the Vahlalla - Black Edition - Final-Fixed.zip.
Click here for directions and files.

Random Reboots Thread: Great method to fix problem - Thanks 95Z28!

You need Visual Voicemail for voicmail notifications: attached below

Stock Clock & Alarm (soft alarm): attached below. If you want to use the Smart Alarms I attached the sounds below also. You need to copy the sounds into /system/media/audio/ui.

Attachments

• vvm-signed.apk
    791 KB · Views: 60
  • media.rar
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

hechoen

May 7, 2011
This is an attempt to keep the garbage out of the development forum. Solutions are better than Rants!

I would also like to ask what Devs that we have left to let some of us show our appreciation to you by letting us deal with some of the idiots on here for you! I know there are a bunch of us willing to do that and hope you will not even bother reading their ****!

Help keep this thread at the top so Noobs will see and stay out of the Dev forum!

Worth a shot!

Great idea lumin. Will keep this towards the top for sure. Maybe we can have Raver post a link to this in the OP with something like "Any non-bug related questions NEED to be directed here." Not that anyone will read it but worth a shot.

Reactions: lumin30

RaverX3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2011
Cali
I would love to see the thread locked and pointed here – as of writing this the thread is already 147 pages.

That would be a bad idea Unless i locked the thread it would mean i would have to make threads for every damm update it did sorry not going to do that... Trust me 147 pages isnt alot when u consider some roms get over 500+.

Not to say i dont know what your getting at.

Reactions: Sario27 and lumin30

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
i would have to make threads for every damm update

Didn't realize the OP could not still edit the thread when locked... I obviously have never locked a thread before. Thanks for the clarification.

Removed that part from the original post.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2011
guilty!

I like this idea, sadly we might not get to see it in action. I'm pretty new here, and as such, just like anywhere else I go when I'm unfamiliar with my surroundings, it takes a bit to get acclimated to my surroundings. This goes for anyone, anywhere. I asked for a font in the development thread, and I did this after a PM to the dev with the simple question "thanks, nice rom, what was the font in rc2?" No response, I'm sure he's busy. No big deal, so I asked in the dev forum thinking that a change such as this could be easily answered in the forum about the development (read: continual change) thread. It was simple, but people who were running other, more current versions than what I requested were answering me, when all I needed was an answer from someone who knew the answer.

The longstanding members are just as guilty in this forum for messing up threads with "nice work" that have less to do with development than "my DSP force closes but I'm new and don't know how to run a logcat, be sure not to help me and tell me to search everyone thanks."

I'd go back and delete all my non-development related posts but it doesn't seem that I can, if it's possible, tell me how and I will. I'd be happy to delete all 13 of my posts in the name of cleaning up the forum. My solution, in addition to the thoughts by lumin laid out above would be for a forum moderator to delete posts as they get out of hand. I don't know if that's possible, but that's my best suggestion.

It would really help us new people if the sticky threads in this SGS forum were up to date, as well. The bible is dated, I spent the better part of 3 weeks reading and searching before I was comfortable enough to flash a ROM.

That's my 2 cents, and again, I'm pretty new. Sometimes new perspective can indicate that new tricks are needed by old dogs. :eek:

RaverX3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2011
Cali
sony style was used sorry.... Sometimes i am slow about getting back to people doesnt mean i dont read posts :p or pm's

Reactions: devlinandersen

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
At the end of the day we can only try to improve the forum and move forward....

I think the consensus is just that - improve and keep going!

Reactions: devlinandersen

tonie972

Nov 13, 2009
I flashed this rom twice and twice got a blank black screen after rebooted. What did I do wrong?

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
@ tonie972 : Give us more info. What were you on before? Did you read and follow the OP? How did you flash?

EDIT: Why are most of your other posts in the Vibrant section? Do you have a SGS4G?

Last edited:

tonie972

Nov 13, 2009
@ tonie972 : Give us more info. What were you on before? Did you read and follow the OP? How did you flash?

EDIT: Why are most of your other posts in the Vibrant section? Do you have a SGS4G?

I was on GB 2.3.6 or the latest one. I did follow the OP but I skipped step 2 because I read it wasn't necessary and I don't know what UMMU is.

I placed the file on my SD and reboot recovery from CWM and flashed it.

I have a Vibrant and just recently acquired this phone from my sister.

Please let me know if you need any more info and thank you for your patience.

Dec 23, 2011
I was on GB 2.3.6 or the latest one. I did follow the OP but I skipped step 2 because I read it wasn't necessary and I don't know what UMMU is.

I did this same thing once by accident. Not sure if *all* of this was necessary, but here's what I did to fix it:

Took my SD card out of my phone and placed the custom ROM (Valhalla Black in my case) from the Valhalla Black thread AND the Busybox Installer zip from this thread onto the root directory.

Entered download mode (volume up and down + plug in USB cable) at STEP 6 of this thread. Why from step 6? Because steps 1-5 refer to the transfer from Froyo to GB (bootloaders) and you are already on GB.

At step 8b you will be stock with KJ6 and CWM Recovery. You can then continue with the steps to install the ROM of your choice in step 11.

So now you're going to be following instructions from the Valhalla Black thread, BUT be careful because you need to install busybox before you completely reboot out of recovery to complete the steps in the GB starter pack thread! Flash ROM in CWM, then flash Busybox in CWM.

Do not skip any steps! As for the mounts question, when you are in CWM Recovery go to >Mounts and Storage and make sure that the mounts read "unmount, mount, mount, unmount" for the first 4 options.

Good luck, hope this helps!

mysticfrog

Dec 11, 2011
Fort Meyer Fla
Hey guys i gotta question about how to do something.. I flashed the final edition of black and i wanna know how i can get the blue eye wallpaper again.. any help would be appreciated thanks alot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @bigoload:

The attached file is from the stock Gingerbread ROM. The purpose of these directions are to add back the 'Audible touch tones', 'Audible selection', and 'Screen lock Sounds' that are not in the Vahlalla - Black Edition - Final-Fixed.zip (intentionally left out).

• Download the attached 'ui.rar' file.
    • Extract the folder onto your computer.
    • Copy it to the root of your sdcard.

• You need a root explorer. I use Super Manager.

• Download from market and open Super Manager on your phone and go into ‘File Manager’.
    • Hit Menu then ‘Setup’.
    • Look for ‘Global Settings’ and select ‘ROOT’.
    • Check ‘Enable ROOT function’.
    • Back out of settings back ‘File Manager’ which will be the root of your sdcard.
    • Find the ui folder you copied over.
    • Long press on the ui folder and select ‘Copy’.
    • Scroll back to the top of the root of your sdcard and hit ‘Back up level folder’ two times.
    • Scroll down to ‘system’ and select. Then select ‘media’. Then 'audio'.
    • You should see a 'ui' folder.
    • Hit menu then ‘Switch System R/W’ and select ‘R/W’ (which is probably is already set to that).
    • You can long press the 'ui' folder and delete. Then paste the 'ui' folder that you copied off your sdcard.
    • I just renamed the 'ui' folder to 'ui-old' to test what I am telling you then pasted the new 'ui' folder.
    • You should now have 'Audible touch tones', 'Audible selection', and 'Screen lock Sounds', 'Audible dialer number' and whatever else.
    This is a Q&A for Raver’s Valhalla-BlackEdition thread.

Rules I would like to see followed:
    - If you quote there is no need to quote the entire post – quote the part of the post you are responding to. Delete the rest.

- THEME RELATED QUESTIONS (i.e. icons/wallpapers) belong in the theme and apps sub forum: THEME AND APPS

- If somebody asks lazy questions, just IGNORE THEM! They will eventually get the HINT! MarkP80nj Quote: "If no one answers you, maybe try learning how to do it yourself."

- And Hit the THANKS button if somebody helps you! It is the least we can do!

Thread cleaned. Stop with the crap...funny how some of the names are becoming familiar to me, for the wrong reasons too...I don't think you want that happening....

if you can't discuss things in a civil manner without arguing, flaming or trolling, don't bother posting at all.
    Knowing Raver will be releasing the Revamp when he does -

Those interested in getting drm videos to play on VB Final-Fixed - i.e. Inception - download the attached [DRM.rar].

Extract the contents on your computer and copy the two folders - [drm] & [.drm] - to your sdcard.

Then copy the two folders - [drm] & [.drm] - to \system\etc\security\

Make sure you are set to r/w.

I did not have to reboot, fix permissions or anything. Went to videos and Inception finally played.
    Reserved for good points made in the thread:

Raver's Clarification:
    let me clarify this after you install the rom do not change the mount to ummu It only applys to install (made moot after the new installer and i fixed the mount errror issue with the installer cwm.

What it looks like people are doing and why its soft bricking is after install you unmounting the system so when you boot you soft brick because the kernel cannot mount system... Because YOU UNMOUNTED IT.....

From FBis251:
    Download Valhalla Black Final. Raver's got a custom GPS driver in it. Trust me, it works well. haven't had issues with GPS since I've used it.

What was the font in rc2? ----> sony style

How i can get the blue eye (or any other) wallpaper again?
    Which ROM was it in? Do you still have the .zip?
    - Pull the system/app/Launcher.apk
    - Unzip it. Yes, apk is a zip file.
    - Look in res/drawable-hdpi folder.

Does the final.zip have a shutdown animation?
    - In the Final.zip file in \system\media\video\shutdown - the folder is empty.
    - If you have the BlackEdition.zip file in \system\media\video\shutdown - shutdown.qmg is in the folder.

Add back the 'Audible touch tones', 'Audible selection', and 'Screen lock Sounds' that are not in the Vahlalla - Black Edition - Final-Fixed.zip.
    Click here for directions and files.

Random Reboots Thread: Great method to fix problem - Thanks 95Z28!

You need Visual Voicemail for voicmail notifications: attached below

Stock Clock & Alarm (soft alarm): attached below. If you want to use the Smart Alarms I attached the sounds below also. You need to copy the sounds into /system/media/audio/ui.