Valhalla-BlackEdition Q & A

Search This thread

Cooptx

Jul 28, 2012
Houston, Texas
This isn't even the best ROM out there for us anymore :p but baby steps, try to do to much to soon and you will be out of a phone for a week like I was. But the guys here are so awesome, that they can set everything right if you keep an open mind, read through things and try.

Check this out ! :
DD-Ripper's Secret

blatantninja

Jun 25, 2013
This isn't even the best ROM out there for us anymore :p but baby steps, try to do to much to soon and you will be out of a phone for a week like I was. But the guys here are so awesome, that they can set everything right if you keep an open mind, read through things and try.

I did this one because it was one of the few that were in a 'final' state. I looked at the Jellybean roms (why not go with the most recent version, right?) but it seemed like there were still some bugs that need to be worked out. I'm not really a power user on my phone, just email, text, some internet, video, music and tapatalk, so not sure I'd get much out of the newer versions anyway.

TwitchyEye

Jun 23, 2012
Dallas
I did this one because it was one of the few that were in a 'final' state. I looked at the Jellybean roms (why not go with the most recent version, right?) but it seemed like there were still some bugs that need to be worked out. I'm not really a power user on my phone, just email, text, some internet, video, music and tapatalk, so not sure I'd get much out of the newer versions anyway.

Your head will explode, and this phone will consume your soul.

blatantninja

Jun 25, 2013
Well, strange. I downloaded and moved swype.apk to the system/app folder then tried to installed, and I get the same thing about 'Application not installed'. Do I need to set a permission (beyond the root access I gave the file explorer when I moved it there) or something? Seems to have rwx access across the board on the file.

edit - well, it shows as installed, but if I try to switch the Swpe keyboard I get "Sorry! The application Sqype(process com.sqype.android.inputmethod) has stopped unexpectedly. Please trya gain.

Last edited:

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Swype isn't a typical install. Do a search of the apps and theme section for installing swype. I explain how to do it in a thread there.

Reactions: blatantninja

utahdodgecummins

Jun 20, 2013
Is Valhalla Black an MTD rom?

I am currently running valhalla black, and want to try [ROM]Dknight-build0x1[TFQ][GB]. Is Valhalla Black a MTD rom? I searched the forum, but failed to find an answer. Thank you!

utahdodgecummins

Jun 20, 2013
Thank you, one final question

Thank you, one final question. Could someone please help me find out the proper way to try different kernels with this rom? Do I just use SGS kernel flasher, or is there a different/proper way. Thank you.

SGS Kernel Flasher will do it, or you can use CWM. We didn't have TWRP back in BML days, so all the old kernels should be some flavour of CWM.

Be sure that you only flash BML GB kernels though. There's several major end-of-GB kernels that get suggested heavily, but steer clear of anything that isn't clearly labelled. We've had a bit of "vague" at different times. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @bigoload:

The attached file is from the stock Gingerbread ROM. The purpose of these directions are to add back the 'Audible touch tones', 'Audible selection', and 'Screen lock Sounds' that are not in the Vahlalla - Black Edition - Final-Fixed.zip (intentionally left out).

• Download the attached 'ui.rar' file.
    • Extract the folder onto your computer.
    • Copy it to the root of your sdcard.

• You need a root explorer. I use Super Manager.

• Download from market and open Super Manager on your phone and go into ‘File Manager’.
    • Hit Menu then ‘Setup’.
    • Look for ‘Global Settings’ and select ‘ROOT’.
    • Check ‘Enable ROOT function’.
    • Back out of settings back ‘File Manager’ which will be the root of your sdcard.
    • Find the ui folder you copied over.
    • Long press on the ui folder and select ‘Copy’.
    • Scroll back to the top of the root of your sdcard and hit ‘Back up level folder’ two times.
    • Scroll down to ‘system’ and select. Then select ‘media’. Then 'audio'.
    • You should see a 'ui' folder.
    • Hit menu then ‘Switch System R/W’ and select ‘R/W’ (which is probably is already set to that).
    • You can long press the 'ui' folder and delete. Then paste the 'ui' folder that you copied off your sdcard.
    • I just renamed the 'ui' folder to 'ui-old' to test what I am telling you then pasted the new 'ui' folder.
    • You should now have 'Audible touch tones', 'Audible selection', and 'Screen lock Sounds', 'Audible dialer number' and whatever else.
    This is a Q&A for Raver’s Valhalla-BlackEdition thread.

Rules I would like to see followed:
    - If you quote there is no need to quote the entire post – quote the part of the post you are responding to. Delete the rest.

- THEME RELATED QUESTIONS (i.e. icons/wallpapers) belong in the theme and apps sub forum: THEME AND APPS

- If somebody asks lazy questions, just IGNORE THEM! They will eventually get the HINT! MarkP80nj Quote: "If no one answers you, maybe try learning how to do it yourself."

- And Hit the THANKS button if somebody helps you! It is the least we can do!

Help keep this thread at the top so Noobs will see and stay out of the Dev forum!
    Thread cleaned. Stop with the crap...funny how some of the names are becoming familiar to me, for the wrong reasons too...I don't think you want that happening....

if you can't discuss things in a civil manner without arguing, flaming or trolling, don't bother posting at all.
    Knowing Raver will be releasing the Revamp when he does -

Those interested in getting drm videos to play on VB Final-Fixed - i.e. Inception - download the attached [DRM.rar].

Extract the contents on your computer and copy the two folders - [drm] & [.drm] - to your sdcard.

Then copy the two folders - [drm] & [.drm] - to \system\etc\security\

Make sure you are set to r/w.

I did not have to reboot, fix permissions or anything. Went to videos and Inception finally played.
    Reserved for good points made in the thread:

Raver's Clarification:
    let me clarify this after you install the rom do not change the mount to ummu It only applys to install (made moot after the new installer and i fixed the mount errror issue with the installer cwm.

What it looks like people are doing and why its soft bricking is after install you unmounting the system so when you boot you soft brick because the kernel cannot mount system... Because YOU UNMOUNTED IT.....

From FBis251:
    Download Valhalla Black Final. Raver's got a custom GPS driver in it. Trust me, it works well. haven't had issues with GPS since I've used it.

What was the font in rc2? ----> sony style

How i can get the blue eye (or any other) wallpaper again?
    Which ROM was it in? Do you still have the .zip?
    - Pull the system/app/Launcher.apk
    - Unzip it. Yes, apk is a zip file.
    - Look in res/drawable-hdpi folder.

Does the final.zip have a shutdown animation?
    - In the Final.zip file in \system\media\video\shutdown - the folder is empty.
    - If you have the BlackEdition.zip file in \system\media\video\shutdown - shutdown.qmg is in the folder.

Add back the 'Audible touch tones', 'Audible selection', and 'Screen lock Sounds' that are not in the Vahlalla - Black Edition - Final-Fixed.zip.
    Click here for directions and files.

Random Reboots Thread: Great method to fix problem - Thanks 95Z28!

You need Visual Voicemail for voicmail notifications: attached below

Stock Clock & Alarm (soft alarm): attached below. If you want to use the Smart Alarms I attached the sounds below also. You need to copy the sounds into /system/media/audio/ui.