[ROM] CM7 I727 Kang R7 Update {4/26/2012} Nightly 4/21/2012

Search This thread

bts0uth

Nov 28, 2007
Lexington, KY
The T-Mobile guys are reporting that wireless tethering works for them. When I try turning it on it just says error and turns back off. Another guy on page 3 reported the same issue.

I'm using UCLA3.

Can anyone confirm wireless tethering is working ?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket using XDA premium on CM7 Kang R5

mjwhirly

Aug 16, 2010
FL
absolutely loving this rom so far, had a few force closes with gallery but froze it and use quickpic which is a million times better, and battery life on this is ridiculous for a cm rom, after using it all day which included over a hour of screen time, many pictures and mms, and a good amount of browsing the internet im down to 68%, which is only because for some reason battery use is showing that dialer used 32% which seems a little weird, does anyone have a clue why its doing this or a solution to it??? Could i possibly freeze the dialer and use a third party one such as exdialer or do you think the problem is something else to do with it??

Anyone thinking of downloading this should definitely follow these steps for a clean, fast and great battery life experience...(if coming from an ics rom)
1. Boot into recovery and use darkside wipe
2. Wipe batterystats
3. Flash rom
4. Let it boot and sit around like 10 mins then set up phone
5. Reboot to recovery and clear cache, dalvik cache and then fix permissions
6. Run the phone hard all day, and if towards the end of the day you still have a good amount of battery left download the app juice offender, and run it until it drains almost all of your battery ( i recommend turning of flash every 20 minutes for a few minutes so you dont burn out the bulb, then turn it back in when it cools down)
7. Recharge the phone
8.Enjoy :)
*only problem i have is the one i stated above, no other force closes or lag

Reactions: 32dave

xman1

Oct 25, 2009
The T-Mobile guys are reporting that wireless tethering works for them. When I try turning it on it just says error and turns back off. Another guy on page 3 reported the same issue.

I'm using UCLA3.

Can anyone confirm wireless tethering is working ?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket using XDA premium on CM7 Kang R5

Tethering actually works on ucld2 after flashing the kernel.zip, it messes up auto ratote for me though, so I just turned it off in settings.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

32dave

Apr 7, 2011
Woodstock
Thank You! Been testing this rom for a few days now no issues for me so now i am going to Odin back to stock and and set this up on a fresh phone.Once again thank you for your work in getting this working

bts0uth

Nov 28, 2007
Lexington, KY
tjsooley & I figured out the tethering issue, so R6 will fix tether, Browser Fc / Gallery FC

Can't wait.

Another issue that will only effect a few users (including myself) so it isn't priority but the application, "Square Card Reader" doesn't work on this ROM. It detects when you plug the card reader in via the headset jack but when scanning a card it does nothing and gives you no notice a card has been scanned. Not sure what causes this but I have had it work on certain ICS roms and not on others.

I am an on site Computer Technician and have to use this app and wireless tethering on the regular so I have to go back and forth between nandroid backups after I get off work but it's worth it to have CM7.

Keep up the amazing work! So close to being 100% on the Skyrocket!

Reactions: eugene373

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
I'm getting sub par battery life on R5. CPU Spy doesn't show anything out of whack, but didn't install batterystats yet to check for wakelocks. Any secrets to extend battery that anyone can share?

I don't want to say poor battery life because I am a heavy user, but I'm charging after about 6 hours versus 9 to 10 hours on my 2.3.6 Samsung build

Thanks for the update Eugene!!

luigic81

Nov 27, 2010
Loving this thanks!!
Ics is too slow, this is speed :)
How are you guys getting visual vm to work? I can't restore with tb, it just hangs. Anyone have the apk?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
Heres the Visual Voicemail apk
Haven't tried it though. It's deisgned for AT&T phones but since the buildprop shows t989, it may or may not work

Attachments

• VVM_GSLEON3.apk
    866.4 KB · Views: 8

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
Is anyone that lives in a LTE Zone able to connect to LTE?

I get LTE speeds on R5. I used APN Backup and Restore to pull in the APNs from a stock SR. Haven't updated to R6 yet, so cant say on that release.

**EDIT**
I'm about to fresh flash the R6 using LA3 modem. I'll update in a bit on that release

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

weird as hell, but I just got a capcha prompt when setting up my Google account.
Error 462 when downloading an app from the market first time also
Now market FC when launching

Davlik wipe and reflash (no Darkside)
rebooted and hung at CM logo
Back to recovery, Davlik, Darkside, flash ROM, reboot
Booted to homescreen, let settle for a bit, added Google acct (no capcha or errors) and DL APN Backup and Restore from Market and saw all my previous apps downloading. Didn't happen any time before using this (again weird as hell, but it's spose to do that)

Home button not working either
Waited for my apps to finish from market then rebooted again
Everything smooth as butter
Restored APNs and selected the PTA, rebooted
Weak LTE where I am but hit 10 down
Upstream was really weak at 723k though

That was the strangest flash process I've had in a while
something must be screwy with my phone lol

Last edited:
Reactions: tjsooley
I get LTE speeds on R5. I used APN Backup and Restore to pull in the APNs from a stock SR. Haven't updated to R6 yet, so cant say on that release.

**EDIT**
I'm about to fresh flash the R6 using LA3 modem. I'll update in a bit on that release

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

weird as hell, but I just got a capcha prompt when setting up my Google account.
Error 462 when downloading an app from the market first time also
Now market FC when launching

Davlik wipe and reflash (no Darkside)
rebooted and hung at CM logo
Back to recovery, Davlik, Darkside, flash ROM, reboot
Booted to homescreen, let settle for a bit, added Google acct (no capcha or errors) and DL APN Backup and Restore from Market and saw all my previous apps downloading. Didn't happen any time before using this (again weird as hell, but it's spose to do that)

Home button not working either
Waited for my apps to finish from market then rebooted again
Everything smooth as butter
Restored APNs and selected the PTA, rebooted
Weak LTE where I am but hit 10 down
Upstream was really weak at 723k though

That was the strangest flash process I've had in a while
something must be screwy with my phone lol

Odin to stock 2.3.6 Flash LA3 modem then flash darkside and modem and rom.

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
Odin to stock 2.3.6 Flash LA3 modem then flash darkside and modem and rom.

Yea, doing that now. That was just weird though. This is the only ROM I've used since I started using it. Almost back to the homescreen for setup though. I'll be in a full LTE area in a while and will post results also

luigic81

Nov 27, 2010
Thanks for the vvm apk!
I can't get past the set password screen though it keeps hanging, I've tried clearing data on the app, fixing permissions etc, it still won't take, do I need to do something else? Like. Something with apn settings?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I Am Not AFFILIATED with the CyanogenMOD Team.. Any Comments by me are not the views of CyanogenMOD!

Please Read ENTIRE Post

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

****THIS IS A TESTING PHASE ROM THERE WILL BE ISSUES.****
    This is an Beta 5 release & Based on Slayher CM7 Build, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

**Known Issues**
    ~ Join Contacts don't work correctly
    ~ APN Lost on Airplane Mode
    ~ Render FX Not working ( I recommend using chainfire3D app in the market, as it works the same w/ night mode )
    ~ Youtube Fast Forward is Broken
    ~ volume+ might have issue.... see this Post
    ~ Changing CPU Governor can sometimes cause CPU1 from not going Offline
    ~ NFC not working
    ~ Build.prop will read as a T989, don't edit or it will cause the audio bug to return!! However, this build has the correct kernel for the I727 & won't have orientation screwed up

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Galaxy S2 (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip Wipe Utility
    4. Flash LA3 Modem ( This is confirmed working )
    5. Install Rom

- Second time flashing
    1. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip Wipe Utility
    2. Install Rom

~ If Coming from ICS
    1. Use / Google DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip
    2. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip
    3. Flash Rom

Download:

T-Mobile T989 SGS2:
    Nightly 4/21/2012 -> CM7_373R7.zip
    CM7_373R6.zip

AT&T SkyRocket I727 SGS2:
    Nightly 4/21/2012 -> CM7_373R7_ATT.zip
    CM7_373R6_ATT.zip
    New build is up & working now...

This should give everyone that much needed CM7 Ride......

READ OP!!!
    New T989 / I727 CM7 Rom is going to be posted tonight, Based off of nightly 4/21/2012. Took abit of work but now it's done!
    Rom is now Updated for I727 build
    fail-.- just use cyanotouchwiz or hop over to ics, many stable builds now

Prime example of what i was talking. About in mhx rom thread..
    What is happening to our once great thread. Because of the influx of ungratefull. Noobs.