GT-i9505 does not support initialization

Search This thread

martikp

Sep 27, 2013
Esfahan
Noob question ahead!

I have International Galaxy S4 i9505 and I’m currently on rooted stock rom “i9505vjuemj6″ (zto) brazil android 4.3. I can not update OTA because of “modified device issue” and also can not update via Kies it says “GT-i9505 does not support initialization”.

Can I download “I9505VJUEMKE_I9505DGTEMKE_DGT” venezuela android 4.3 and flash it using odin to fix everything above?

- If not, which latest stock ROM do you recommend to install?

- Any description for this? “GT-i9505 does not support initialization”.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
For install updates for android 4.3 u only need Kies 3, no Kies. I recommend u install the updates only with Kies 3 or via OTA. Flashing other firmwares that dont marry with ur region code is create more problems :highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: martikp

martikp

Sep 27, 2013
Esfahan
For install updates for android 4.3 u only need Kies 3. I recommend u install the updates only with Kies 3 or via OTA. Flashing other firmwares no for ur region code is create more problems :highfive:

Thank you sir, but I have the Kies 3 installed already. I also uninstalled and then re-installed the kies 3. also using OEM usb cable. and the error message persist!

any idea to fix the error? :(
or even can you point me the best STOCK ROM for my situation?

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Thank you sir, but I have the Kies 3 installed already. I also uninstalled and then re-installed the kies 3. also using OEM usb cable. and the error message persist!

Conect it to Kies 3 and make me a screenshot pls :good:

Reactions: martikp

MadR4sta

Nov 14, 2010
Auckland
same problem

Mate i am having the same problem and tried everything that's been said here. I am however in New Zealand and put a Nordic 4.4.2 on via Odin, but that shouldn't matter because as soon as i put the serial no. in that should fix it and initialise

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Mate i am having the same problem and tried everything that's been said here. I am however in New Zealand and put a Nordic 4.4.2 on via Odin, but that shouldn't matter because as soon as i put the serial no. in that should fix it and initialise
Dial *#1234# in ur phone and make a screenshot pls :highfive:

MadR4sta

Nov 14, 2010
Auckland
ok

Will do and get back to you as soon as i get another firware on, have also contacted Samsung and the'ry look into it too. but cheers if you can help. i'm just mucking around with other options as well at moment. i understand some forums say you cannot roll back the firmware from 4.4.2 to 4.2. I am having the screen rotation problem with the new 4.4.2 so i'm trying to find a way to roll back the FW and one way might be to install a custom rom with old bootloader that is also knox free via CWM install zip function to replace the new 4.4.2 bootloader with an old one. This may then allow me to roll back the firmware to an older version and kill my screen rotation problems.

Last edited:

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
Pretty sure once you root your phone you can no longer use OTA or Kies, as you now have custom status.

Having said that I've not used kies once since I bought my S4 on April 27th and I change firmware like crazy.

Just use Odin. 9 times out of 10 any problem you have can be fixed by reflash and factory reset.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

MadR4sta

Nov 14, 2010
Auckland
you can use on any modified phone

If Kies lets you initialise the firmware with model and serial no. to the base version for your region for that phone then it will overwrite anything. However in the I9505 case it will not even let you initialise the firmware. Have called Samsung and they confirm they know this is the case but it is not something they will do anything about.
Pretty sure once you root your phone you can no longer use OTA or Kies, as you now have custom status.

Having said that I've not used kies once since I bought my S4 on April 27th and I change firmware like crazy.

Just use Odin. 9 times out of 10 any problem you have can be fixed by reflash and factory reset.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

MadR4sta

Nov 14, 2010
Auckland
Sorry about the delay. thanks for trying to help

OK so is this what you were asking for?

Screen rotation a real prob, but all my sensors show pass via *#0*# sensor checks. Tried nordic i9505 I9505XXUFNB9_I9505NEEFNB2_I9505XXUFNB9_HOME.tar 4.4.2, then SIngapore I9505XXUFNBE_I9505OLBFNB3_I9505XXUFNBE_HOME.tar 4.4.2 all the fken same problem. Screen rotation all fine when I flash firmware, root, then flash CWM touch - everything good. Screen rotate works until the first reboot after all of this which might even be a day or 2 later. As soon as reboot phone, screen rotation dies and it is a huge pain in the arse. Sensors continue to say pass via *#0*#. Every few days i have to re-flash firmware, re-root, then re-CWM touch, no need to factory reset just those 3 steps.:confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::crying::crying:and is why i'm trying to figure out whatever methods i can to roll back the firmware to an earlier version but no joy....

Will do and get back to you as soon as i get another firware on, have also contacted Samsung and the'ry look into it too. but cheers if you can help. i'm just mucking around with other options as well at moment. i understand some forums say you cannot roll back the firmware from 4.4.2 to 4.2. I am having the screen rotation problem with the new 4.4.2 so i'm trying to find a way to roll back the FW and one way might be to install a custom rom with old bootloader that is also knox free via CWM install zip function to replace the new 4.4.2 bootloader with an old one. This may then allow me to roll back the firmware to an older version and kill my screen rotation problems.

Last edited:

MadR4sta

Nov 14, 2010
Auckland
Sorry about the delay getting back. thanks for trying to help

OK so is this what you were asking for?

I know this is part of another thread which I have posted as, but is the reason for all my problems.
Screen rotation a real prob, but all my sensors show pass via *#0*# sensor checks. Tried nordic i9505 I9505XXUFNB9_I9505NEEFNB2_I9505XXUFNB9_HOME.tar 4.4.2, then SIngapore I9505XXUFNBE_I9505OLBFNB3_I9505XXUFNBE_HOME.tar 4.4.2 all the fken same problem. Screen rotation all fine when I flash firmware, root, then flash CWM touch - everything good. Screen rotate works until the first reboot after all of this which might even be a day or 2 later. As soon as reboot phone, screen rotation dies and it is a huge pain in the arse. Sensors continue to say pass via *#0*#. Every few days i have to re-flash firmware, re-root, then re-CWM touch, no need to factory reset just those 3 steps.
:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::confused::confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek::eek:
and is why i'm trying to figure out whatever methods i can to roll back the firmware to an earlier version but no joy....

salemsays

Jun 5, 2016
MY GALAXY S4 SGH-I337 will not work with kies or smartswitch ive tried atleast fourty times and i need help ive tried odin already and it always fails because of write protection and now my s4 is in a bootloop can someone help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For install updates for android 4.3 u only need Kies 3, no Kies. I recommend u install the updates only with Kies 3 or via OTA. Flashing other firmwares that dont marry with ur region code is create more problems :highfive: