{How To}[Root][Recovery] Everything For Micromax Canvas Fire 2 (A104) KitKat Based

Search This thread
S

SuperDroid-BOND

""As my Dev brothers said earlier, "BOND comes with bang". So giving respect to all of my dev brothers and starting this new thread.""

Lets first start with the very known thing of MTK devices. So these things are common in all MTK:-

1)
Code:
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download/kmt3bjcga3pyymf/SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v3.1344.0.212.rar"]SP Flash Tool (For flashing any MTK Device)[/URL]
2)
Code:
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download/3q679a2jelhcumc/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip"]Super-User Update (Rooting zip, flashable in custom recovery)[/URL]
3)
Code:
MTK Preloader USB VCom Driver (Search on google, there are many)
Brothers,
1) is basically used by us for flashing custom recovery, boot, or factory firmware, if anything goes wrong.
2) is used for rooting a ROM, may its Kitkat or Jellybean.
3) is used for flashing through sp flash tool

PRE-Requisite:-
1) Normal Human Brain. [Must, Don't even try without it]:cowboy::cowboy:
2) Patience [Again a must have thing.]:cowboy::cowboy:
3) MTK Preloader USB VCom driver installed on your PC.:good:
4) Recovery Utility for Canvas Fire 2 A104 [Download this]:good:
5) Stock Firmware of Canvas Fire 2 A104 [Download this as a precaution]:good:
6) Heart & Money. {If everything goes wrong and nothing works, then heart to bear the blame and money to buy a new phone.:p:p

Now Procedure for rooting MT6582M based Micromax Canvas Fire 2 A104:-
a) Download SP Flash tool and also download the recovery utility.

b) Extract both somewhere on your pc but not out side "C/" drive.

c) Open Flash tool and click on scatter loading.

d) Select scatter loading "MT6582_Android_scatter" from recovery utility folder.

e) Now De-select everything other than recovery and boot in the flashtool.

f) Make sure only recovery & boot is selected in flashtool then click Download button.

g) Now connect your fire 2 (without battery) to your pc.

h) Let the process complete. After this disconnect your phone and press Volume up(+) and Power Button for
booting in to recovery.

i) In recovery choose zip "Update SuperUser zip" and flash it and voila.

You have got root and one of the best custom recovery "Phillz Touch based recovery" on your fire 2. Now start firing and enjoy.

Screenshot Given for reference of "Phillz Recovery".

Disclaimer:-

If anything goes wrong, and nothing is there left to make your phone come back, then neither me nor XDA nor my dev brothers are responsible for this. You are the person who have chosen to do this to your device and so you're the responsible person for this. So please do responsibly and enjoy boldly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_17-08-2014_16.10.58.png
    Screenshot_17-08-2014_16.10.58.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 7,194
  • Screenshot_17-08-2014_16.13.06.png
    Screenshot_17-08-2014_16.13.06.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 6,473
  • Screenshot_17-08-2014_16.13.16.png
    Screenshot_17-08-2014_16.13.16.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 6,289
  • Screenshot_17-08-2014_16.13.22.png
    Screenshot_17-08-2014_16.13.22.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 4,590
S

SuperDroid-BOND

"First of all a big THANKS to all my dev brothers who ported 4.2 to MT6577. You guys genuinely has made a history in MediaTek Device forums."

A Big Thanks to Master @yuweng, for his awesome services and threads for mediatek. Its been a light of guidance for devs.

A Special Thanks to Master @phillz, for devoting time and creating recovery modules for Meditek Devices. The Phillz recovery has been the most famous and wonderful custom recovery.

Special Thanks to "Micromax" for making so many devices with same specs but different boots and all.:p:p

Special Thanks to XDA & Droid-Devz for giving me platforms for presenting my works and XDA been my school where I learned Android.

Special Thanks to my wife for bearing my non-sense jokes and being my partner in everything I do or will do.

Special Thanks to all those brothers who trusted me and still using my MODs and my ROMs.

Last edited:
S

SuperDroid-BOND

Mate No It wont be Neat Rom :)
It will have a New name
Just wait for it :)

Sir,
If its not a series of Neat Rom then also its fine because the Dev for both will be same...
Still I'll wait for getting this on my phone.

Sent from my LG-F240L using Tapatalk

FROM_HEAVEN

Sep 30, 2013
mandla
reply fast sir

""As my Dev brothers said earlier, "BOND comes with bang". So giving respect to all of my dev brothers and starting this new thread.""

Lets first start with the very known thing of MTK devices. So these things are common in all MTK:-

1)
Code:
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download/kmt3bjcga3pyymf/SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v3.1344.0.212.rar"]SP Flash Tool (For flashing any MTK Device)[/URL]
2)
Code:
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download/3q679a2jelhcumc/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip"]Super-User Update (Rooting zip, flashable in custom recovery)[/URL]
3)
Code:
Brothers,
1) is basically used by us for flashing custom recovery, boot, or factory firmware, if anything goes wrong.

6) Heart & Money. {If everything goes wrong and nothing works, then heart to bear the blame and money to buy a new phone.:p:p

d) Select scatter loading "MT6582_Android_scatter" from recovery utility folder.

f) Make sure only recovery & boot is selected in flashtool then click Download button.

h) Let the process complete. After this disconnect your phone and press Volume up(+) and Power Button for
booting in to recovery.

You have got root and one of the best custom recovery "Phillz Touch based recovery" on your fire 2. Now start firing and enjoy.

If anything goes wrong, and nothing is there left to make your phone come back, then neither me nor XDA nor my dev brothers are responsible for this. You are the person who have chosen to do this to your device and so you're the responsible person for this. So please do responsibly and enjoy boldly.

sir is it work on Micromax fire a093 ?? its worked on fire a104..

S

SuperDroid-BOND

sir is it work on Micromax fire a093 ?? its worked on fire a104..

Brother,
First thing first that please don't quote the whole OP, its very long and consume much space. Now brother I don't know that its working for A093 or not as I don't have the device and now I have also sold the A104. Try it but before trying download the whole stock firmware of A093, so that if it fails you can get back to its original position.

Regards
BOND

FROM_HEAVEN

Sep 30, 2013
mandla
bro i tried it but its failed on a093 but thanks for stock rom suggestion i manage to get back my devive :) now bro create a method for Micromax fire a093 :( i am waiting for this too long

drganbds

Oct 5, 2009
OnePlus 7T Pro
Guys thanks for this awesome recovery and root method but one thing my titanium app not restoring apps and can't take up backup and it shows interrupted error....this happens after root with super su but works well on kinguser app....why it happens guys any solution? Thanks

Sent from my Micromax A104 using XDA Free mobile app

G

GuestK00214

Sir,
I will wait for your ROM, Still using Neat ROM on my S2. Will wait even longer if its going to be a series of Neat ROM for Micromax A104.

Hi man,
I did the whole procedure properly and the top half of my phone screen is inverted.. Not the display, but the touch only.. I must touch the center of the screen to pull down the status bar.. (Know what I mean?) I can't seem to fix the issue.. I tried flashing stock recovery.img, didn't work. Tried stock rom, didn't work. Did a full wipe too.. I'm not blaming you, I just need your help.. Any idea why that happened or how to fix it?

EnDLessssS

Feb 23, 2012
Hi man,
I did the whole procedure properly and the top half of my phone screen is inverted.. Not the display, but the touch only.. I must touch the center of the screen to pull down the status bar.. (Know what I mean?) I can't seem to fix the issue.. I tried flashing stock recovery.img, didn't work. Tried stock rom, didn't work. Did a full wipe too.. I'm not blaming you, I just need your help.. Any idea why that happened or how to fix it?
I got the same issue. Looks like the provided boot.img wasnt meant for the device we have. I am also trying to fix this. Will update if it gets fixed.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Hi man,

Hey, Just in case you are still having that issue. I figured out the cause. Its because of the boot.img we flashed. The new hardware components used in our phones are not compatible with the old boot.img we flashed, which is supposed to be of earlier Firmware version. Please download the package below and flash it.

http://clicknupload.com/xdpt8n2w3oho

I assume that you must had already flashed the complete old firmware, you need to flash this new firmware. I havnt flashed old FW so just flashed the new boot.img of this package and the problem is solved.

This is a request to the thread owner to please mention this in OP that the users with V8.1 (can be checked in Settings >> About Phone >> Build Number) should uncheck boot while flashing, however it will cause same inverted touch issue in recovery but it can be managed with the volume buttons anyways.

S

SuperDroid-BOND

Hi man,
I got the same issue. Looks like the provided boot.img wasnt meant for the device we have. I am also trying to fix this. Will update if it gets fixed.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Hey, Just in case you are still having that issue. I figured out the cause. Its because of the boot.img we flashed. The new hardware components used in our phones are not compatible with the old boot.img we flashed, which is supposed to be of earlier Firmware version. Please download the package below and flash it.

http://clicknupload.com/xdpt8n2w3oho

I assume that you must had already flashed the complete old firmware, you need to flash this new firmware. I havnt flashed old FW so just flashed the new boot.img of this package and the problem is solved.

This is a request to the thread owner to please mention this in OP that the users with V8.1 (can be checked in Settings >> About Phone >> Build Number) should uncheck boot while flashing, however it will cause same inverted touch issue in recovery but it can be managed with the volume buttons anyways.

Brothers,
When I bought this device then I downloaded it and made the rooting n recovery guide after testing it for three times on my device. If later the oem has changed anything in firmware then I'm sorry but I cannot update it as now I don't have this device anymore. If you want recovery for this device then please uploaded your boot.img from latest firmware and I'll make a recovery for you but after 7 days from now. currently busy in funeral of my Grandma.

Thanks & Regards
BOND

Sent From:-

""The Little Beast of XIAOMI""

EnDLessssS

Feb 23, 2012
Brothers,
When I bought this device then I downloaded it and made the rooting n recovery guide after testing it for three times on my device. If later the oem has changed anything in firmware then I'm sorry but I cannot update it as now I don't have this device anymore. If you want recovery for this device then please uploaded your boot.img from latest firmware and I'll make a recovery for you but after 7 days from now. currently busy in funeral of my Grandma.

Thanks & Regards
BOND

Sent From:-

""The Little Beast of XIAOMI""

Hi Bond,
Never mind it. You can just put this info in your opening post for now. Also, here i am attaching the new boot.img. As per the release notes, this version is backward compatible.

Thanks

Attachments

• boot.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 1,284

chiranjit66

Feb 29, 2016
After flashing the boot.img inverted touch fixed.all goes right.but in charging animation(switch off) are still inverted

Attachments

• 1456915051748.jpg
    1456915051748.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 91

MayankGupta

Mar 27, 2015

1)
Code:
2)
Code:
3)
Code:
Brothers,

booting in to recovery.

hey buddy after rooting when I open superuser it says "The SU binary needs to be updated" and it doest work, I reflashed superuser with recovery but did't get root access..

SDEY

Apr 5, 2016
Hi man,

same problem...

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

hey buddy after rooting when I open superuser it says "The SU binary needs to be updated" and it doest work, I reflashed superuser with recovery but did't get root access..

not working.........plzz help after hitting download button nothing is happening

May 11, 2014
Hello brother, something's wrong with my phone (mmx a104). After flashing custom recovery (twrp, philz) when I boot into recovery, touchscreen starts behaving abnormal. It got inverted horizontally and vertically. And it doesn't touch the place where I touch the screen.
Any solution dude.

Sent from my Micromax E352 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts