VoipCall 0.2.1 PDA + SmartPhone (31-05-2008)

Search This thread

MaxMax1000

Jul 18, 2009
Jena
NET - Error on Meizu M8

Hi!
I've installed VoipCall 0.2.1.PDA on Meizu M8 (WinCE 6.0). NET CF v3.5 is installed and works with other apps!

On VoiPCall start: NET-error! "System.Windows.Forms.Version=3.5.0.0 Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=... not found" ????

But NET ist installed....

Can You help me please?

Max

Rhapsody

Jan 7, 2007
Amersfoort
WinCE 6 or Windows Mobile 6?
I believe those are not the same.

As the error describes: System.Windows.Forms.dll version 3.5.0.0 could not be found. So something must be wrong with the installation of the .NETCF 3.5 installation.

ps. do you mean VoipCall or VoipSMS? (since this is the VoipSMS thread)

MaxMax1000

Jul 18, 2009
Jena
WinCE 6 or Windows Mobile 6?
I believe those are not the same.
Meizu M8 running under WinCE6.0
NET3.5 is now ok!

I try VoipCall:

- new error: M8 ask for "Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook.dll"! I
put it in the voipcall folder - ok!
- next error: #78 in pimstore.dll
I load a "pimstore.dll" from web - but it kills my phone!
f....

The problem ist WinCE6 ?

THX

Rhapsody

Jan 7, 2007
Amersfoort
Is PocketOutlook available on WinCE 6.0?
pimstore.dll is the assembly which takes care of the Outlook datafile. (containing contacts and messages and so on)

I think that WinCE is different than Windows Mobile 6 and therefore VoipCall cannot be used, unfortunately.

audino

Apr 9, 2008
hi,

is this real a vo over ip solution because it starts every time to dail a number on the phone app and its not connection over internet...

do you know a app to call real over ip without using a call number?

Rhapsody

Jan 7, 2007
Amersfoort
hi,

is this real a vo over ip solution because it starts every time to dail a number on the phone app and its not connection over internet...

do you know a app to call real over ip without using a call number?
It calls the servicenumber which establishes a connection between you and the desired person you'd like to call.
So it's not really Voip although you pay only for the local call to the service number. The call from the service number to the recipient will be charged via you betamax account.,

paradizio

Sep 27, 2008
Incredible wiget but I have a problem

1st of all I want to thank the developer for this program - it is great. I was so used to it, but... since a few days it is refusing to work and it gives me a message that I can't understand:

Message 1 of 1..
Recipient: +359888xxx220
Sending..
An error occured:

System.NotSupportedException: NotSupportedException
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at VoipSMS.frmSendMessage.bgwSend_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.DoTheRealWork(Object o)
at System.Threading.ThreadPool.WorkItem.doWork(Object o)
at System.Threading.Timer.ring()

Can U Help me?

pim

Mar 22, 2006
Thionville
It calls the servicenumber which establishes a connection between you and the desired person you'd like to call.
So it's not really Voip although you pay only for the local call to the service number. The call from the service number to the recipient will be charged via you betamax account.,

Hello,
Let me know if I'm right. If I use this program on my phone, I'll pay my mobile provider (orange france) to call the voip local number, and my voip provider (betamax) to call the number I want to reach.
It would be better to have a phone2phone option. Then I would only pay my betamax provider (for calling me on my mobile phone and for calling the number I want to reach). For example, when using rynga.com (new betamax provider), it would cost me 2 X 0.045 €/min to establish a connection between my french mobile and another french mobile. Which is much much better than 0.37 € / min (what orange france charges once your hour-based call plan is over).

Rhapsody

Jan 7, 2007
Amersfoort
Hello,
Let me know if I'm right. If I use this program on my phone, I'll pay my mobile provider (orange france) to call the voip local number, and my voip provider (betamax) to call the number I want to reach.
It would be better to have a phone2phone option. Then I would only pay my betamax provider (for calling me on my mobile phone and for calling the number I want to reach). For example, when using rynga.com (new betamax provider), it would cost me 2 X 0.045 €/min to establish a connection between my french mobile and another french mobile. Which is much much better than 0.37 € / min (what orange france charges once your hour-based call plan is over).
You're right. :)
A better solution would be phone2phone indeed. But as far as I know it's not possible.

storms

Jun 15, 2006
OnePlus 10 Pro
PortSip windows mobile VOIP client

PortSIP http://www.portsip.com/ provide WM5 and WM6 voip clients with their own dialler and integrating your winmo contacts.

Download their windows mobile softphone client here:
http://www.portsip.com/downloads.htm

It appears to be in active development, and I have used it and it works well on my Kaiser (taking advantage of the internal speakers correctly thus far).

The software appears to support G729 codec.

See their FAQ:
http://www.portsip.com/faq.htm