HD2 direct boot is going to be released in less then 24hrs!!!!

Search This thread

Crusoe86

Jan 30, 2009
Cologne
You're one of the lucky ones then, lol.

I wish I could understand why so many on the US T-Mo side have issues with data on the PPP builds. The last mattc builds I couldn't even boot for some reason. Not sure.

My main complaint is there is not much cohesion between devs who release builds to find out what works, why, and how to keep it that way.That's asking for WAY to much though, so I'm not holding my breath. Not trying to change the nature of things and all...

Is there anyone here on T-Mo US that has a working PPP build? If so, what are your specifics?

You are not alone my friend...
PPP does not work with the APN "wap.vodafone.de" in germany, too.
But I noticed a strange situation...
I can surf via Browser with nearly 5MBit/s without a disconnect.
But if I open the market or the "Speedtest" app from "Speedtest.net" the connection immediately interrupts.
Really strange in my mind...
What is the reason for the interruptions?
Does the illuminati have something to deal with it?
That is a instance for Aiman Abdallah and the Galileo Mystery team... (maybe only the germans understand this running gag :D (BTW: I love it :D))

byrdman443

Aug 4, 2010
Virginia Beach
You're one of the lucky ones then, lol.

I wish I could understand why so many on the US T-Mo side have issues with data on the PPP builds. The last mattc builds I couldn't even boot for some reason. Not sure.

My main complaint is there is not much cohesion between devs who release builds to find out what works, why, and how to keep it that way.That's asking for WAY to much though, so I'm not holding my breath. Not trying to change the nature of things and all...

Is there anyone here on T-Mo US that has a working PPP build? If so, what are your specifics?

I have TMo USA and running PPP with darkstones froyostone sense V2. I have never had a problem with data, I am on wifi when at home but when I go out it switches just fine and I am always using HSPA , unless im at work then its usually using Edge. If i knew how to check my settings i would, but I cant seem to find them under the wireless and networks section.

Hatefly

May 26, 2010
Huntington Beach
I have TMo USA and running PPP with darkstones froyostone sense V2. I have never had a problem with data, I am on wifi when at home but when I go out it switches just fine and I am always using HSPA , unless im at work then its usually using Edge. If i knew how to check my settings i would, but I cant seem to find them under the wireless and networks section.

What ROM are you using?

Also, did you need to change your carrier settings at all?

21productionz

Feb 12, 2008
I'm using shubcraft, with chunkydroid, and 2.12 radio. Have tried many a build since the end of Aug, and no luck. always end up back at 1.5

I have no problems with data. Only problem I ever have is;

1. Get robot voice after 2 days of use and have to reboot
2. I like to use the vrecorder to record phone calls with my soon to be ex-wife, and when I turn it on outgoing phone calls have no voice. Incoming works fine though.

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh
I guess 24 hrs have passed... Haahaha
And i guess 24 days will pass without seeing this NAND.
I hope Cotulla and Co :p are making a perfect build!

TML1504

Nov 24, 2007
Vienna
You are not alone my friend...
PPP does not work with the APN "wap.vodafone.de" in germany, too.
But I noticed a strange situation...
I can surf via Browser with nearly 5MBit/s without a disconnect.
But if I open the market or the "Speedtest" app from "Speedtest.net" the connection immediately interrupts.
Really strange in my mind...
What is the reason for the interruptions?
Does the illuminati have something to deal with it?
That is a instance for Aiman Abdallah and the Galileo Mystery team... (maybe only the germans understand this running gag :D (BTW: I love it :D))

One guess: because internet with wap.vodafone.de uses port 80, market or other applications could maybe use different ports (which could lead to simple non functioning to a connection drop from your provider...)

But as I said, just a thought!

Regards,
Markus

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Crusoe86

Jan 30, 2009
Cologne
One guess: because internet with wap.vodafone.de uses port 80, market or other applications could maybe use different ports (which could lead to simple non functioning to a connection drop from your provider...)

But as I said, just a thought!

Regards,
Markus

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

But with the "old" ppp and rmnet builds all working fine :(