[Q] Toshiba Folio 100

Search This thread

shpitz

Sep 30, 2007
Z4ROOT or SuperOneClick

What's the easiest way and safest way to carry on ROOT Toshiba Folio ?

Z4ROOT or SuperOneClick

gordix

Jun 24, 2007
Hello
I have been reading this thread for a while ,and seen some of you have been able to root the toshoba folio using z4root or superoneclick .
I did without problems with superoneclick in the original toshiba folio froyo , but after the system factory updated I am not able to do it anymore neither with z4root nor with superoneclick .
Could anyone who has do it let me know how?
thanks in advance

Trumpfz

Jan 9, 2010
I want to test the new Rom (FolioTNT) but I would like to get rid of all installed programs and data and folders on the Folio before I do this. What would be the safest way to do this ?

Factory Reset ? But where ? In that Toshiba Recovery or in the new Recovery from Dexter's FolioMOD ?

Anyone can explain ?

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Factory Reset ? But where ? In that Toshiba Recovery or in the new Recovery from Dexter's FolioMOD ?
its part of Stock recovery as well.. just chose to open recovery with the keys explained in my mod, except dont put in the sdcard update.zip yet..

and press HOME and you see menu .. use power + vol+ + vol- to use menu.

staalmannen

Dec 31, 2010
Hi all,

I just got the new Toshiba Folio 100 Today. it's (i think) the most powerfull tablet at this moment with his Tegra dual core proc. My question is if it's possible to root that tablet in order to have androit market and install custom rom??

Thanks all for your response...

Paul

I just got myself an AC100 (more interested in the smartbook form factor than the tablet one). Since the AC100 basically is a Folio with pysical keyboard and no touch input, will it be possible to use the info given here also for the AC100?

tshoulihane

Jun 16, 2010
Redmi Note 12 5G
I just got myself an AC100 (more interested in the smartbook form factor than the tablet one). Since the AC100 basically is a Folio with pysical keyboard and no touch input, will it be possible to use the info given here also for the AC100?

basically, no. The tegra processor is the same, and maybe some of the other chips are the same, but the partition layout of the internal disk is completely different. I've not seen anyone do very much with android on it (and that is only 2.1 still), most of the dev effort there is in full linux ports, and understanding how the binary nvidia drivers can be used. Do not try and use any folio images on your ac100, you will only have to do a complete re-flash of the entire drive - including the scary parts. modaco has an ac100 section.

Reactions: staalmannen

lapilesos

Mar 4, 2011
Hello everyone,
I'm now a new owner of old Folio 100 ;)
My first steps were to wipe this thing and flashing of latest Dexter's mod (1.4b) in my case. At first - big thanks for this ROM.Honestly i think Toshiba should hire such people like you - becasue to make such improvements being an external to development crew is an amazing achivement.

just some questions up to this sweet pair (Folio+mod):
At first : i've tested to far only Angry birds - but they didn't run at all. Black screen after start and it remains like this forever until its killed. Is this a common problem?

Second one : i'd like...heck...now its only one single possibility to use folio as entertaining device for my children - to use usb charger im my car (to activate CONFIG_TEGRA_USB_CHARGE ) - but I don't know where to start. Is it necessary to cook different rom for activation of this kernel option? Or it could be done in current mod?

Thx in advance.
AndrewZ

Edit 1: After Reflashing to Tnt 0.4 Birds and co works properly.
Wifi - strange issues with it. Works very bad wth DLink Acces point (Very weak signal). With linksys Wifi acees point - doesnt work at all. Well i have sudden stable connect for 3 min but thats all for 2.5 hours of torturing and reading of those (Searching->Connecting->Disconnected :)). Same ROM at the same time works flawless wtih SpeedPort 500 (my old one). Are there some issues with linksys routers? Btw : my rest hardware didnt have problem with linksys at all. Even my i8910 works with it without problem.

Last edited:

lokeshwarreddy2006

Feb 12, 2012
problem with process code?

hi i have a prblm with my tab..
its not working...bcz there is an error process code that is google error..
plz help me how to resolve it?

nic333

Dec 17, 2010
ICS problem with USB Host Port

I have installed ICS yesterday 12/02/2012. The alpha 1 version by Derartem.
Sameone have problem with USB Host Port?
Before I had CM7.1 and it works perfectly. Now pc (win xp) find a new hardware but do not install USB drivers and on Folio there is only the USB debug connected.

Sameone can help me? thank you.

mastermindnow

Dec 4, 2012
toshiba folio 100 helppp please

i have rooted the folio 100 and next i install update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-2012.03.04-betelgeuse-KANG-signed... and then the folio 100 goes crazy..
the wifi dont turn on.. say is finding network and dont find nothing!!
dont read my sd card..
even the usb cable
and i cant install other room ..help me
in the fastboot mod
i put to erase data and give me a error,.and in wcrm wen i put wipe a data and cache give me a error cant mount sd melkbolc delv
help me please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash APK from folio 100!!

here you go guys was able to get this with androzip this is the flash apk that was on the service station this morning, Hope it works for you all please leave feedback :D

basically, no. The tegra processor is the same, and maybe some of the other chips are the same, but the partition layout of the internal disk is completely different. I've not seen anyone do very much with android on it (and that is only 2.1 still), most of the dev effort there is in full linux ports, and understanding how the binary nvidia drivers can be used. Do not try and use any folio images on your ac100, you will only have to do a complete re-flash of the entire drive - including the scary parts. modaco has an ac100 section.