Facebook Chat For Windows Mobile: Fim v2.28 + WM6.5 CHome plugin (8 SEP 2012)

Search This thread

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
attachment.php

Facebook Instant Messenger

Features: Facebook Chat, Status Feed, Notifications & New Messages Indicators, Picture & Video Uploads Directly From Your Phone,
Integrated m.facebook.com Browser, All Display Resolutions, Touch Friendly, No 3rd Party Registration, AppToDate Support

Installation:

Download the mobile installer (.cab file) to your desktop. Sync with your mobile phone and copy the .cab installer to your phone. From your phone go to Programs -> File Explorer, navigate to the .cab file and select it. The Installer should do the rest.
or navigate to http://get.mosko.mobi on your Windows Phone, choose open, the installer should do the rest.

Optional: WM6.5 CHome ("Titanium") Plugin

If you like this software, Please Donate, so i can keep maintain it. thanks :)

Tips:

* To move between tabs you can use horizontal swipe gesture. in some cases you can also use Tab key,left arrow key & right arrow key.

* To access some friend related features, make a long press ("context menu") on his name in the friends list. you can also second-click his icon on the black bar.

* When browsing, click the fim icon on the black bar for browsing related functions (back, refresh, zoom-in, zoom out, open in new window, close)

* Double click on black bar toggles full screen mode

* On some devices you can send the chat message by long click on hardware-enter-key

* You can copy line from chat by selecting the line, and do a long press on it. that way you can also paste text to the input box.

* If you received a chat message with link in it, double-click will open it in your web browser.

* Facebook emoticons doesn't show on fim, but your chat companion will see it on his desktop chat.
attachment.php

FAQ/Notes/Troubleshooting:

"Connection Failed": usually due to email or password typed incorrectly. if you are positively sure you entered everything correctly then if you have special characters in your email or password replace them. only numbers, English letters and of course @ at the email allowed, also keep in mind that facebook passwords are case sensitive.

WM BUILDS 6.5.3 / 6.5.5 blank web pages: to fix the internal browser problem use the cab from this post

touch/x/iphone/lite.facebook.com: doesn't open the way you expect in the integrated browser, which is the same as explorer in wm6.1, so there is not point integrating it.

WAP: fb chat needs solid 3g/wifi/gprs internet connection. even if your operator allows some facebook features thru its wap proxy, not sure it will be enough to use chat feature of facebook

3G: some 3g issues were fixed since version 2.2.8, If you still can't connect over 3G, check the settings on: Start->Settings->Connections Tab->Connections->Advanced->Select Networks->Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using.. You should choose your operator's internet connection and not its wap portal.

WM 2003 SE: Setup CAB will not work, unpack it and use standalone executable (fim.exe)

Smart Phones (Windows Mobile Standard with no touch screen): supported since version 2.2.7, if you have problems/comments/suggestions post them in this forum

Photo/Video Uploads: If you are having problems with photo or video uploading, update your .NETCF to 3.5

questions / comments / bug reports are welcome.
* please post on this thread, and not on a private message
* report any error messages you got from the software
* when reporting first check if your question haven't been asked or your bug haven't been reported yet.
* make sure you have installed the latest FIM version available by checking menu -> about
* don't forget to mention your type of device, os/rom version and type of internet connection used.

Site Owners / Distributors:
When posting this app on your site, u are obligated to add a link to this site. also make sure you always host the latest FIM version.

Download

Last edited:
Reactions: b12rtc and ramiiiii

brsev

Aug 14, 2008
Good idea, that's all the functionality I need with m.facebook.com's functionality. I'll wait for QVGA, but thanks for sharing.

Edit: It works on QVGA! The only problems are: only the top half of profile pictures are shown, (1.02 beta fixes this) and it snaps back to the login screen when minimized. (1.02 beta fixes this) The scroll bar is also enormous, but it's very finger-friendly! (1.02 beta fixes this) Awesome, it's totally useable as-is. I haven't had any real issues yet. Great job, thanks!

QVGA Screenshot attached.

Edit 2: And long status messages are cut off on the right. (1.02 beta fixes this)
Edit 3: And when I hit menu>close, it says it had an unexpected error and needs to quit, which is kind of ironic. (1.02 beta fixes this)
Edit 4: It logged me out of facebook on my computer too, but that might be unavoidable.

Great work, works well and free of unnecessary bloat. the 1.02 beta fixes pretty-much any problems I had.

Last edited:

eboy44

May 13, 2006
LA 818
im having a problem connecting ive been trying to connect for the past 5 minutes and it just doesnt connect and then it takes me right back to the login screen or give me an error saying that "an unexpected error has occurred in facebookIM.exe

argumentOutOfRangeException
Parameter name:Index

kull

Apr 26, 2006
This is cool, will watch this space. Its time someone did this. Waiting for the QVGA version. All the best.

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
brooks.ev: thanks for the input, i will adapt it to QVGA soon. disconnecting other facebook sessions is unavoidable.

kokos1405: what keyboard are you using?

eboy44: on what device? let me know if you had better luck with version 1.01

norkoastal

Dec 7, 2007
Bay Area
Works great. Takes about 25-35 seconds to login and fetch friends. Is there a message to display when no friends are online or will it keep the same dialogue on the screen?

zinconnu

Jun 12, 2008
Thanks ! It's a very good project ! :D
(Sorry for my bad english, i'm frensh)

Last edited:

eranyanay

Aug 26, 2008
Working good!
first facebook app going around here that actually works fine.
does exactly what i wanted, facebook chat =)
tried it on htc diamond, works very well and supports hebrew as well
thanks

vigin

May 27, 2008
works

It takes a while to load, 30-40 sec, it works without a glitch later. Tested it on my tilt and GF's Omnia. Graphics are little bit screwy, waiting on a new qvga version. Otherwise great job, keep it up :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fim v2.10

Fim for Windows Mobile (5,6.x) was updated. the new version fixes the recent connection issues.

You can download the installation cab directly to your device : http://get.mosko.mobi

If you still having problems to sign in you can try to disable login notifications and login approvals on your facebook account settings -> Security.
    attachment.php

Facebook Instant Messenger

Features: Facebook Chat, Status Feed, Notifications & New Messages Indicators, Picture & Video Uploads Directly From Your Phone,
    Integrated m.facebook.com Browser, All Display Resolutions, Touch Friendly, No 3rd Party Registration, AppToDate Support

Installation:

Download the mobile installer (.cab file) to your desktop. Sync with your mobile phone and copy the .cab installer to your phone. From your phone go to Programs -> File Explorer, navigate to the .cab file and select it. The Installer should do the rest.
    or navigate to http://get.mosko.mobi on your Windows Phone, choose open, the installer should do the rest.

Optional: WM6.5 CHome ("Titanium") Plugin

If you like this software, Please Donate, so i can keep maintain it. thanks :)

Tips:

* To move between tabs you can use horizontal swipe gesture. in some cases you can also use Tab key,left arrow key & right arrow key.

* To access some friend related features, make a long press ("context menu") on his name in the friends list. you can also second-click his icon on the black bar.

* When browsing, click the fim icon on the black bar for browsing related functions (back, refresh, zoom-in, zoom out, open in new window, close)

* Double click on black bar toggles full screen mode

* On some devices you can send the chat message by long click on hardware-enter-key

* You can copy line from chat by selecting the line, and do a long press on it. that way you can also paste text to the input box.

* If you received a chat message with link in it, double-click will open it in your web browser.

* Facebook emoticons doesn't show on fim, but your chat companion will see it on his desktop chat.
    attachment.php

FAQ/Notes/Troubleshooting:

"Connection Failed": usually due to email or password typed incorrectly. if you are positively sure you entered everything correctly then if you have special characters in your email or password replace them. only numbers, English letters and of course @ at the email allowed, also keep in mind that facebook passwords are case sensitive.

WM BUILDS 6.5.3 / 6.5.5 blank web pages: to fix the internal browser problem use the cab from this post

touch/x/iphone/lite.facebook.com: doesn't open the way you expect in the integrated browser, which is the same as explorer in wm6.1, so there is not point integrating it.

WAP: fb chat needs solid 3g/wifi/gprs internet connection. even if your operator allows some facebook features thru its wap proxy, not sure it will be enough to use chat feature of facebook

3G: some 3g issues were fixed since version 2.2.8, If you still can't connect over 3G, check the settings on: Start->Settings->Connections Tab->Connections->Advanced->Select Networks->Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using.. You should choose your operator's internet connection and not its wap portal.

WM 2003 SE: Setup CAB will not work, unpack it and use standalone executable (fim.exe)

Smart Phones (Windows Mobile Standard with no touch screen): supported since version 2.2.7, if you have problems/comments/suggestions post them in this forum

Photo/Video Uploads: If you are having problems with photo or video uploading, update your .NETCF to 3.5

questions / comments / bug reports are welcome.
    * please post on this thread, and not on a private message
    * report any error messages you got from the software
    * when reporting first check if your question haven't been asked or your bug haven't been reported yet.
    * make sure you have installed the latest FIM version available by checking menu -> about
    * don't forget to mention your type of device, os/rom version and type of internet connection used.

Site Owners / Distributors:
    When posting this app on your site, u are obligated to add a link to this site. also make sure you always host the latest FIM version.

Download
    Happy New Year!

New Fim version is available..

v2.6
    * added option to send message using the enter key
    * fixed some 3g connection issues
    * fixed browser back capability

direct download http://get.mosko.mobi
    New FIM version 2.35 fixed sending messages error.
    http://get.mosko.mobi
    an update to FIM is available.

direct download v2.15 http://get.mosko.mobi