[DEV] Samsung Galaxy W/Samsung Exhibit 2 4G Development

Search This thread

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
I'm badly needing a copy of the initramfs for the W. It's refusing to extract from the boot.img file for the Ex2. Can someone hook me up or point me to a link? I looked at Arco's github but didn't see it.

Thanks!

pixeltrailz

Dec 19, 2011
Brooklyn Park
Hey guys i found somthing interesting on my EXHIBIT 2 If you go to SetCPU, Go to Info tab then go to CPU. Apparently the phone is recognized as the same hardware as the Galaxy W.

Attachments

• SC20120112-004144.jpg
    SC20120112-004144.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 324

Nilpotent

Dec 27, 2011
Can someone hook me up or point me to a link? I looked at Arco's github but didn't see it.

I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff. Extracting from the exhibit 2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 as boot.img and extracting it as initramfs.cpio it creates for me the read only files /dev/console and /root/console. I've no idea of if I'm doing it correctly. Would that be of any help to you and do you have a way to check that I didn't mess up ?

Reactions: jocala

andynroid

Apr 27, 2010
Klang Valley
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Wild guess since ICS is just round the corner our fellow arco68 has always been using CWM i.e. ROM Manager...I believe he may be using it too....Hopefully all ROM created here will be compatible....

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff. Extracting from the exhibit 2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 as boot.img and extracting it as initramfs.cpio it creates for me the read only files /dev/console and /root/console. I've no idea of if I'm doing it correctly. Would that be of any help to you and do you have a way to check that I didn't mess up ?

Thanks. I'll check that technique out.

honeyx

Dec 30, 2011
Hi KezraPlanes.

I have some specific questions to you regarding your optimized stock ROM. As I posted over there in the topic I had problems with WLAN giving me an error, so I wanted to ask you if you added all the Tweaks for WLAN, Signal and so on into the build.prop. Maybe they are making troubles for some of us as in my backup of my ROM they are not present in the build.prop.

Another question I have is regarding the interactive governor. Can you tell me please how to add it into a running ROM or how to add in into a backup made with RZRecovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Exhibit II 4G discussion areas

Exhibit II 4G discussion areas

Since we don't have a forum we've centralized at the links below:

Exhibit II 4g discussion HERE
    Exhibit II 4g dev thread HERE
    Exhibit II 4g Wiki HERE
    I'll second that, I need to jump back to stock on my T679 anyways so if you have any thing to test run before I do that feel free to let me know.

PS: woo first post!!!1!!111!!one
    @matt_6288: the T679 is the T-Mobile USA Exhibit II. KezraPlanes' ROM is for the Galaxy W (a.k.a. I8150). You can't use it as-is, but we're working on ROMs for both.
    On the Exhibit II side of the development spectrum s0unds and swonsay are my only devs at the moment since I work too much to have the time. Lol

Just keep an eye out on the WIP Exhibit II 4G Development thread for updates as far as a release is concerned. You can also follow me on twitter @androidsamurai.
    Thanks VanillaTbone!

I'll post in this thread (and the Exhibit II dev thread, even though I don't like cross posting). I'm still working on both the Exhibit II and the Galaxy W.

I may be the slowest dev you've ever met because I'm currently looking for a job too.
    love to flash a rootable rom but i cant find one ......any ideas where i can get one.

And if you don't have it already, here's a working version of Odin and the Ancora.ops

http://www.mettamorto.com/ODIN.rar

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

so i flash this with odin, root with doomlord and then flash your rom...

thanks for both downloads K.P. :)

And you install the Recovery before flashing Kezra's Rom :)
    recovery?........is that flashed after K.P.'s rom..

edit .....where do i get the recovery from?

very much appreciating all this help guys....

No, you have to install it BEFORE KP's rom, infact you install his rom THROUGH the Recovery.

Here you go, with all instructions needed.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19982709#post19982709

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Edit: KP himself was faster than me. Anyway, I suggest to make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM from the Recovery before flashing the new one :)