[Theme] MarksTheme for CyanogenMod [CM-6.0.0-DS] [Rev 'B' - 30th AUGUST]

Battery Icon, what do folks prefer? (made a couple of round ones but still not happy)

• The battery here - [url]http://www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk/files/G1/icons.png[/url]

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • The battery here - [url]http://www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk/files/G1/newbatt.png[/url]

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Suggest something else (post in the thread with thoughts, ideas, links, etc etc.)

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Whatever, just make it look gooooood.

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

BrooklynAvi

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2008
Brooklyn
www.mibapps.com
WOW! A+

While I have only just flashed this theme (about 20 minutes ago), I am super-impressed with it. I have been looking for a nice red theme that wasn't overdone. You have truly succeeded. Nice use of icons, particularly the "onMouseOver" look of the desktop icons. Absolutely beautiful. My new theme (now I need to update my sig). Also, love the wallpapers. Great photos.

markvarley

Aug 22, 2009
London
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk
While I have only just flashed this theme (about 20 minutes ago), I am super-impressed with it. I have been looking for a nice red theme that wasn't overdone. You have truly succeeded. Nice use of icons, particularly the "onMouseOver" look of the desktop icons. Absolutely beautiful. My new theme (now I need to update my sig). Also, love the wallpapers. Great photos.

Cool, glad you like it, some credits in the OP for some other people whos work was used in the theme but most of it was mine :)

mrnv45

Sep 14, 2009
mark if i had pay pal id donate but ima hit you on a pm..got a lil gift for ya!

BrooklynAvi

Nov 5, 2008
Brooklyn
www.mibapps.com
Buttons

Cool, glad you like it, some credits in the OP for some other people whos work was used in the theme but most of it was mine :)

Small issue (from one app developer to another, I hate to "hate"). The buttons (the standard Android system buttons) re-size incorrectly when highlighted pressed, sometimes dramatically to the point where it's half the size. I am on a G1, if that matters. I haven't yet flashed to my myTouch yet.

Drakon911

Sep 1, 2009
B'ham, AL
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Great theme!

First of all let me say that I love your theme! I've had the last 3 versions on my MT3G and it's run super smooth. The icons are also top notch.

However, one problem I've had and am still having is I believe the same that AndroidAppCritic mentioned. When I scroll to select a button and it's supposed to highlight it doesn't. When I say button I mean one that I should be able to press the trackball and select. Usually there's a ring or something around it. The button that's already selected shows the ring but any of the other selections don't. It's not something that a screenshot would show and I can't think of how to describe it any other way. I hope that helps.
I'm fairly new to the game, just had the phone a few months, so my android "vocabulary" is rather limited. :)

Thanks!

BrooklynAvi

Nov 5, 2008
Brooklyn
www.mibapps.com
Screenshots - Button Issue

I have attached two screenshots of the button issue. One is the before shot -- the normal state -- and the other is the depressed state of the button.

Attachments

• screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 89
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 77

markvarley

Aug 22, 2009
London
I have attached two screenshots of the button issue. One is the before shot -- the normal state -- and the other is the depressed state of the button.

thats an issue with some of the .9.png's, I changed their colour (simple enough) but now they redraw badly, I'll add it to the knownissues list and will get to it as soon as I can, need to learn about the oddities of editing .9.png's

Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

markvarley

Aug 22, 2009
London
First of all let me say that I love your theme! I've had the last 3 versions on my MT3G and it's run super smooth. The icons are also top notch.

However, one problem I've had and am still having is I believe the same that AndroidAppCritic mentioned. When I scroll to select a button and it's supposed to highlight it doesn't. When I say button I mean one that I should be able to press the trackball and select. Usually there's a ring or something around it. The button that's already selected shows the ring but any of the other selections don't. It's not something that a screenshot would show and I can't think of how to describe it any other way. I hope that helps.
I'm fairly new to the game, just had the phone a few months, so my android "vocabulary" is rather limited. :)

Thanks!

I will look into that, maybe the .9.png problem again, thanks!

gillaney

Jul 3, 2009
Awesome theme!!

Hey Man, this theme is awesome. Beautifully done. One question, though. Is there a way to remove the time from the top tool bar. I always use a clock widget and it seemes pointless to keep the clock up there. no one has done this yet. Anyhow, I really love your work.

markvarley

Aug 22, 2009
London
Hey Man, this theme is awesome. Beautifully done. One question, though. Is there a way to remove the time from the top tool bar. I always use a clock widget and it seemes pointless to keep the clock up there. no one has done this yet. Anyhow, I really love your work.

someone who's good at editing the xml's (not me!) could colour the toolbar clock black and also probably make it alot smaller, black + smaller = more or less gone.

I don't mess with the xml's personally, don't have time to learn how to do that.

Diceman4

Jun 9, 2009
St. Louis
As GDE is in the Market for 2.25 EUR I can't add it to as free theme.

I am going to download it and check it out and see how much it interferes with my theme and also see about theme / skinning options for it now and in the future.

Im running GDE and your theme and all of your icons and the top bar are themed. It is still very themed. I'll edit this post with some SS

EDIT: SS

Attachments

• cap1.jpg
    cap1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 63
  • cap2.jpg
    cap2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 54
  • cap3.jpg
    cap3.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 59
  • cap4.jpg