So we can't use Active Pens? What about Palm Rejection?

Search This thread

coresplinter

Oct 23, 2010
So I just spoke to a Samsung representative and in summary they said no because I do not have Wacom built into my tablet. I'd just like to confirm this and does this mean our tablet would be unable to do Palm Rejection with any kind of pen?

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
So I just spoke to a Samsung representative and in summary they said no because I do not have Wacom built into my tablet. I'd just like to confirm this and does this mean our tablet would be unable to do Palm Rejection with any kind of pen?

Right. No active pen. Palm rejection can be achieved with some note taking software which provides you a dead zone where you can rest your palm. Still this is not as elegant a solution as with an active digitizer. You can also use a screen wiping cloth and just place it beneath your palm as you write. A bit kludgey but it works and it keeps your screen clean.

The other option will be to wait for the Note version of the S tablet which I am sure is forthcoming.

coresplinter

Oct 23, 2010
=/ It's too late for me now since I've bought the tablet already so I guess I'll have to find someway to work around it.

Kwbmm

I bought this tablet for copying down note after I come home from university.
Before buying it I looked around to see if there was any app for taking notes with palm rejection features, these where the two I found: Lecture Notes and INKRedible.

INKRedible is also available for apple devices and since I had an iPad 2 I could test it with, I gave it a try.. It was working quite good.
So I decided to buy my Tab s 8.4 and today I tested INKRedible, it isn't working at all... Does anyone have any clue why it isn't working? How come it is working so well on ipad and not at all on my tab s?
Is there an alternative app?