[MOD]Virtuous Daemon O/C by Navrasis (for dual core)

Search This thread

Navrasis

Dec 1, 2011
Makhachkala
Virtuous Daemon O/C by Navrasis for EVO 3D v2​

New version of my mod.
What's new!
1)Fix virtuous_oc.(good work with dual core).
2)New patch mpdecision.
3)Change vddlevel on boot(low Battery drain).
4)Daemon Controller v 2.20 (stable app).

Downloads:

P.S. sorry my bad English.

Attachments

• 2012-02-22_06-12-16.jpg
    2012-02-22_06-12-16.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 4,578
Last edited:

muhsli

Feb 28, 2011
Is this for unity kernel only and will it work on all or will it interfere in some ROMs?

Reactions: R3NC0N

-Ho-

Jul 12, 2007
Awesome!
I tried to setup before, but i don't know why it seems not functioning well...
Joel's rom doesnt have mpdecision inside /system/bin/ , so can i use on this rom?

Last edited:
Reactions: mrto1991

cv19985

Dec 24, 2008
Athens
Has someone tried themod with kernel anthrax 1219 and leedroid rom v.4????
Will it work with that kernel?,?? I ask bcz of intellianthrax gov....

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

harrypothead

Jun 5, 2006
works just perfect here with LeeDroid v4 and latest Anthrax (12-19) Kernel ...
Everythings runs very smoothly ... hopefully the batt life will be good too :)

Is there a way to change the voltages of the CPU without interfering with OC Deamon ?

shirioko

Jan 30, 2008
The Hague
I've just flashed this on my evo running LeeDroid 4 and anthrax 1219 kernel. Uninstalled setcpu to make sure he wouldn't interfere with the oc deamon. So far the phone runs really smooth, but he also gets really hot, and he rebooted a few times when I tried running antutu benchmark.. Also, I get the idea that cpu scaling doesn't work, because I've underclocked the cpu to 980MHz, and I don't see any decrease in performance or temperature :-(

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

Turge

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
I just installed this and couldn't see the process running:
Code:
ps | grep virtuous_oc

manually running /system/xbin/virtuous_oc wouldn't work so I changed the permissions:
Code:
chmod 755 /system/xbin/virtuous_oc

I re-executed /system/xbin/virtuous_oc and I could finally see it in action:
Code:
logcat | grep I/Virtuous_OC

Rebooted the phone and it virtuous_oc still wasn't running so I changed the permissions of the init.d script:
Code:
chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/83oc

Rebooted again and it appears to be running fine now.

For anyone interested, you can see the current frequency by running the following command with screen on/off (you'll get an error with the 2nd command if the cpu is offline):
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq ; cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
You can also run the logcat command above to see the profile changes.

@Navrasis: Can you update your script to see the proper permissions for both files?

Also, do you mind if I include this in my ROM (KingCobra3D) on the next update?

Thanks.

Reactions: shirioko

Navrasis

Dec 1, 2011
Makhachkala
I just installed this and couldn't see the process running:
Code:
ps | grep virtuous_oc

manually running /system/xbin/virtuous_oc wouldn't work so I changed the permissions:
Code:
chmod 755 /system/xbin/virtuous_oc

I re-executed /system/xbin/virtuous_oc and I could finally see it in action:
Code:
logcat | grep I/Virtuous_OC

Rebooted the phone and it virtuous_oc still wasn't running so I changed the permissions of the init.d script:
Code:
chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/83oc

Rebooted again and it appears to be running fine now.

For anyone interested, you can see the current frequency by running the following command with screen on/off (you'll get an error with the 2nd command if the cpu is offline):
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq ; cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
You can also run the logcat command above to see the profile changes.

@Navrasis: Can you update your script to see the proper permissions for both files?

Also, do you mind if I include this in my ROM (KingCobra3D) on the next update?

Thanks.

Script update and now it set permissons. Yes of course include it

shirioko

Jan 30, 2008
The Hague
I've downgraded to anthrax 1217 and uninstalled setcpu, installed the new virtuous oc zip, and it seems to be working fine now. Only thing is that my second core seems to stay offline.. Is this a bug or a feature? :)

Edit:
Just ran a benchmark, second core stayed offline during the test, and my final antutu score was as low as 4500 @ 1780mhz :-(

Last edited:

harrypothead

Jun 5, 2006
Changing VDD Levels

With the script found on the post below, you can change the voltages ...
This only with +/- a value ...
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20280060&postcount=19

But isn't there a way to change the vdd of each freq step ?
Like the script attached ... That would be nice ...
I used this script before using OC Deamon and it worked ...
I guess that OC Deamon is changing the vdd's back to original ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've downgraded to anthrax 1217 and uninstalled setcpu, installed the new virtuous oc zip, and it seems to be working fine now. Only thing is that my second core seems to stay offline.. Is this a bug or a feature? :)

Are you using System Tuner Pro to check that ? Because I've expirienced this problem too ...
Now I use SystemPanel App and this one show that CPU1 is active while System Tuner Pro says its offline ...

When i move the notification panel up and down the second core kicks in in systempanel app ...

Attachments

• Not_Working_Script_for_OCDeamon.zip
    383 bytes · Views: 53
Last edited:

Navrasis

Dec 1, 2011
Makhachkala

Edit:
Just ran a benchmark, second core stayed offline during the test, and my final antutu score was as low as 4500 @ 1780mhz :-(

Second CPU off and on by mpdecision. It not always on. I recommended Unity v3. It more stable and economical. anthrax kernel not yet ready.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Virtuous Daemon O/C by Navrasis for EVO 3D v2​

New version of my mod.
    What's new!
    1)Fix virtuous_oc.(good work with dual core).
    2)New patch mpdecision.
    3)Change vddlevel on boot(low Battery drain).
    4)Daemon Controller v 2.20 (stable app).

Downloads:

P.S. sorry my bad English.
    hi can i ask if this one is compatible with virtuous-shooter-v3.0.2?
    for all kernel with ini.d included
    this OC daemon is to, improve performance and battery life or ? what does it do, just another CPU control software ?

Here's the explanation by MDJ

Introduction to the new Overclocking Daemon

This ROM features a completely new way of Overclocking and managing screen states.

The History
    But before explaining it further, let's talk about previous solutions.
    There are several different approaches to archieve "screen-state-scaling".
    That means basically that the govenor changes if you turn the screen off and changes back to normal when turning the screen on.

This is mainly used to restrict the amount of CPU usage (the frequency in fact) during screen off. This can lead to a major battery life increase.

The solutions so far were:
    • App like SetCPU, which change automatically the govenor based on profiles
    • integrated solutions in the govenor itself
    Both these solutions have major problems.

The one with a tuner app is always a little laggy right after turning on the screen because SetCPU (or any other CPU tuner) needs some time to change the govenors (up to 7 seconds). This leads mostly to major lag in the lockscreen.

The second solution is the smartass govenor. It has already a screen-state-scaling included, so it reduces the frequency when the screen turn off.
    This could be a really nice solution but it has some problems too.
    Smartass most of the time is not really stable and has problems with its frequency scaling.

State-of-the-art-solution
    So we (more precisely rmk40) thought of a better solution.
    He wrote a native C Daemon which changes the govenors instantly without any lag.

This leads to major performance improvements right after turning on the screen and in the lockscreen.

But at the moment this solution is a little bit harder to configure. We are plaing to make a GUI for this, so you get the same comfort as using SetCPU.
    Nevertheless you can even now adjust the daemon to your needs.

Be aware that the daemon only works if all CPU tuner apps are deinstalled. Otherwise it deactivates itself.

Edit:

Second CPU off and on by mpdecision. It not always on. I recommended Unity v3. It more stable and economical. anthrax kernel not yet ready.