Old Firmware Patch for ICS Roms

Search This thread

Evocm7

Oct 19, 2011
Bakersfield
I haven't seen a thread for this yet and some people who are running old firmware don't know about this so I thought I'd post it for those that are running old firmware and want to flash ICS Roms without updating to the latest leak. This will work for any .22 based Rom I have tried it on so far. Some devs mention it, others don't. I do not know who made this patch but it came with Scroslers Cleanrom and I thank him for it. If you have constant reboots after flashing a .22 based rom, this is for you.

Hope this helps.
Cameron

Evocm7

Oct 19, 2011
Bakersfield
every ics rom thread has a patch listed..... and for clearity... Joel was the brains behind the patch... while we may not of used his exact files he was the one that informed us of what files needed to be replaced

That may be but I still keep seeing people that don't know about it. So thought i would post it anyway. Doesnt surprise me that he thought of it. He's a genius. So thanks to him.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

toastofchaos

Jan 1, 2010
After the rim loads up, immediately reboot to recovery, flash in recovery

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

What is the rim? Ok so I boot into recovery. I have this patch on the root of my external sd i'm assuming. and using the amon ra recovery i just flash it like i would a rom?

edit: Nevermind! problem solved. i just flash using amon ra recovery as if it were a rom. sweet.

Last edited:

carycooke

Apr 9, 2010
shelbyville, tn
Ok i started with a stock rooted GB S-OFF with Amons 3.15 recovery
I then downloaded the firmware/radios/hboot combos from chilpill here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1614366
i got the ICS-2.25-JB-5-7 zip then i flashed the NEW FIRMWARE PATCH
and then i got NEWTS RLS 1 ROM
Im getting alot of errors and the main one is HTCDM has stopped and wondering if i have done something wrong I have done and redone again and wiped twice to three times
My questions are and i so apologize because i know its been a wore out subject
But how to know which firmware I am on ??
example GB firmware is this number???
example ICS firmware is this number???
if im on GB firmware and want to goto ICS firmware do i need OLD or NEW FIRMWARE PATCH???
If im on ICS firmware and want to goto GB firmware do i need OLD or NEW FIRMWARE PATCH???
Like i said I am so sorry but it is confusing because you say to get old firmware patch to update to ICS but i thought it would be new firmware to go to ICS

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
Im getting alot of errors and the main one is HTCDM has stopped and wondering if i have done something wrong I have done and redone again and wiped twice to three times
if im on GB firmware and want to goto ICS firmware do i need OLD or NEW FIRMWARE PATCH???
If im on ICS firmware and want to goto GB firmware do i need OLD or NEW FIRMWARE PATCH???
Like i said I am so sorry but it is confusing because you say to get old firmware patch to update to ICS but i thought it would be new firmware to go to ICS

If you flashed one of my ics hboot combos then you no longer need to flash the new/old firmware patch after flashing a ics Rom
And I haven't done this myself but flashing the new firmware patch on top of a gingerbread Rom should alow you to use ics firmware on a gingerbread Rom

As for that error I have no idea why your getting it, maybe a bad download or a app conflicting with something, afaik nothing with the firmware or firmware patches will cause that issue

Reactions: carycooke

neckbonest

Aug 14, 2011
jacksonville florida
this might not be the best place for this but here goes.

i seen some talk that running ics roms on old firmware with patch is better the updating your firmware. i am s-off, ics with new firmware.

what are some of your thoughts on this?

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
this might not be the best place for this but here goes.

i seen some talk that running ics roms on old firmware with patch is better the updating your firmware. i am s-off, ics with new firmware.

what are some of your thoughts on this?

The simple phrase "if it ain't broke then don't fix it" applies here
If your not having any signal issues then don't upgrade

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I haven't seen a thread for this yet and some people who are running old firmware don't know about this so I thought I'd post it for those that are running old firmware and want to flash ICS Roms without updating to the latest leak. This will work for any .22 based Rom I have tried it on so far. Some devs mention it, others don't. I do not know who made this patch but it came with Scroslers Cleanrom and I thank him for it. If you have constant reboots after flashing a .22 based rom, this is for you.

Hope this helps.
    Cameron
    After the rim loads up, immediately reboot to recovery, flash in recovery

If you flashed one of my ics hboot combos then you no longer need to flash the new/old firmware patch after flashing a ics Rom
    And I haven't done this myself but flashing the new firmware patch on top of a gingerbread Rom should alow you to use ics firmware on a gingerbread Rom

As for that error I have no idea why your getting it, maybe a bad download or a app conflicting with something, afaik nothing with the firmware or firmware patches will cause that issue