[Q] boots constantly into recovery mode

Search This thread

bronsonb

Dec 8, 2009
Hi There,
I searched the threads available to the best of my ability, but im not sure exactly what im looking for. Purchased an HTC one used, flashed with cyanogenmod 10.2. When I tried to update it to 11, it soft bricked (im assuming) as it cant get past the recovery mode. I factory wiped it, in my ignorance thinking this would be able to fix the issue, boot up the stock rom. This cleared the OS so I was more stuck then I previously was.

I figured out how to push roms onto it, and I got the new android revolution rom on there, and when i install it, it says its successful as it goes through all the rom specific steps, but when it system reboots it goes back into this loop.

Are there any suggestions to get out of this? Should i somehow flash the latest RUU?

Thanks a lot I appreciate any help

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi There,
I searched the threads available to the best of my ability, but im not sure exactly what im looking for. Purchased an HTC one used, flashed with cyanogenmod 10.2. When I tried to update it to 11, it soft bricked (im assuming) as it cant get past the recovery mode. I factory wiped it, in my ignorance thinking this would be able to fix the issue, boot up the stock rom. This cleared the OS so I was more stuck then I previously was.

I figured out how to push roms onto it, and I got the new android revolution rom on there, and when i install it, it says its successful as it goes through all the rom specific steps, but when it system reboots it goes back into this loop.

Are there any suggestions to get out of this? Should i somehow flash the latest RUU?

what recovery are you using? what version?

also post a fastboot getvar all wihout imei/sn

Reactions: bronsonb

alray

May 22, 2012
Im using TWRP 2.5.0.0, and im trying to run the fastboot getvar but its stuck on <waiting for device> ill post an update if that changes, thank you for your response!

You must use latest twrp version to flash arhd rom! 2.5.0.0 is very outdated.

Are you using a windows 8.1 computer? If yes then you miht have issue with fastboot.

and make sur your phone variant is M7_U or M7_UL in bootloader screen. (not a sprint version M7wls)

What is the hboot version in bootloader screen?

from the OP of arhd thread:

Android Revolution HD 51.0
--- MD5 Checksum: 1F9253A64D5B0A0566C8B40EC809D05F ---
You need TRWP 2.6.3.3 recovery!
Flashing KitKat F.A.Q. - click here

Last edited:

bronsonb

Dec 8, 2009

Are you using a windows 8.1 computer? If yes then you miht have issue with fastboot.

and make sur your phone variant is M7_U or M7_UL in bootloader screen. (not a sprint version M7wls)

I had no idea, Ill figure out how to do that right away I really appreciate that.
Im using a mac actually, so i understand everything isnt really made to work with it, though i can use parallels windows 7 if necessary
it shows:
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 1.44.0000

alray

May 22, 2012
I had no idea, Ill figure out how to do that right away I really appreciate that.
Im using a mac actually, so i understand everything isnt really made to work with it, though i can use parallels windows 7 if necessary
it shows:
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 1.44.0000

ok so flash twrp 2.6.3.3 and reflash your rom.

Code:
./fastboot flash recovery <name_of_file>.img
./fastboot erase cache
./fastboot reboot-bootloader

then flash arhd again.

bronsonb

Dec 8, 2009

Code:
./fastboot erase cache

then flash arhd again.

is there a line of code to flash the rom through fastboot, rather then rebooting recovery and installing it?

alray

May 22, 2012
is there a line of code to flash the rom through fastboot, rather then rebooting recovery and installing it?

No, you'll need a custom recovery to flash a rom.

or

Use a ruu to restore back to 100% stock but you will need to post a ''fastboot getvar all'' to determine if this is possible.

What is going wrong?

You can also post screenshots of you terminal window when you get errors.

bronsonb

Dec 8, 2009

or

Use a ruu to restore back to 100% stock but you will need to post a ''fastboot getvar all'' to determine if this is possible.

What is going wrong?

Actually, I just installed it through the newly flashed recovery and it worked perfectly (Android Revolution)

Thank you so much! Saved me a lot of time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi There,

what recovery are you using? what version?

also post a fastboot getvar all wihout imei/sn
    Im using TWRP 2.5.0.0, and im trying to run the fastboot getvar but its stuck on <waiting for device> ill post an update if that changes, thank you for your response!

from the OP of arhd thread:

Android Revolution HD 51.0
    --- MD5 Checksum: 1F9253A64D5B0A0566C8B40EC809D05F ---
    You need TRWP 2.6.3.3 recovery!
    Flashing KitKat F.A.Q. - click here
    it shows:
    TAMPERED
    UNLOCKED
    M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT - 1.44.0000

Code:
    ./fastboot erase cache

then flash arhd again.

or

What is going wrong?

Actually, I just installed it through the newly flashed recovery and it worked perfectly (Android Revolution)

Thank you so much! Saved me a lot of time

np ;)