[Q] GPe to Sense

Search This thread

Stefan0vic

May 16, 2013
well if you flashed the 1.44 hboot your pc must work in fastboot
what state is the phone in when you run the RUU ? bootloader / recovery / Android OS ?

The bootloader is 1.44 now, recovery is stock recovery from the GPE edition. Strangely it still boots up to android 4.4.2 Kitkat GPE edition.
I make sure it's in fastboot state and run the RUU, I'm going to try another RUU in a few seconds.

Stefan0vic

May 16, 2013
As of now I'm running a 1.20 RUU, if that doesn't work then I don't know what to do anymore

Edit: I downloaded the 1.20 RUU, it's stuck on android 4.1.2 now and it does not prompt me for updates. Any way to update the phone?

Last edited:

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Reactions: Stefan0vic

Stefan0vic

May 16, 2013
Have you tried running a RUU.zip rather than a RUU.exe

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip...1-27_10-31-1131-05_release_310878_signed-zip/

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
fastboot flash zip rom.zip << Yes two times
fastboot reboot

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I will download that file and try, thank you. I thought you could only flash firmwares that way
edit: It's on hboot 1.43 now :p. Everything seems to work. Only need those OTA updates now. Thank you for helping me

Last edited:

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
I really don't mind!! I really want this fixed

Well that's what the xda community is about.. we're all here to help.

PS the reason you run the command twice is that the first time it sets up the RUU by flashing the hboot. You then issue the same command again( up arrow ) to complete the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stefan0vic

Stefan0vic

May 16, 2013
RUU worked and took ota's all the way up to 4.4.2
problem i have now is that the phone is getting hot by barely doing anything.
Could anyone help me solve this issue? It's not the battery overheating it's the cpu.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello members of XDA,

I ran into a problem trying to restoring my Htc One back to sense version, it sais on the conversion thread that I should have a backup of my original Hboot, which I do not have. I don't know if that's a problem, i downloaded the 1.44 hboot as I guess that's the one I should use to get back to stock. As of now I have S off, and am on hboot 1.54 and on official GPE.

Now comes the part where I'm stuck, I do not know what kind of RUU I need to return to stock, I know I need the hboot 1.44 one but I don't want any problems with bloatware or flashing a wrong baseband etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction of the right RUU? To be sure I'm pasting a getvar all

version: 0.5
    version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
    version-baseband: 4T.21.3218.21
    version-cpld: None
    version-microp: None
    version-main: 3.62.1700.1
    version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
    serialno: xxxx
    imei: xxxx
    meid: 00000000000000
    product: m7_ul
    platform: HBOOT-8064
    modelid: PN0710000
    cidnum: 11111111
    battery-status: good
    battery-voltage: 4014mV
    partition-layout: Generic
    security: off

well all your getvar really shows is yes you converted to GPE
    what was the phone before you converted it ? CID - MID and version-main
    Thank you so much,

Why do so many threads advice to run 1.44 RUU though? After this I will have 1.44 hboot with android 4.4.2?
    Edit: Download is taking aprox 2-3 hrs. Is there any way I can download it a little bit faster?

try here
    http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_...0-38r-1157-04l_release_353069_signed_2-1-exe/

and no you have hboot 1.56 after the RUU step
    the hboot 1.44 insures the RUU will work smoothly
    it's also a vital step if you want to remove tampered and show locked instead of relocked
    to return for repair
    I'll just keep my pc on for a bit :) Thank you so much for your help.
    Just 1 more question, will my bootloader be updated with the RUU itself? I need the phone as much stock possible since I need to give it for warranty for camera replacement.

now we are getting somewhere
    before running the RUU you have more work then
    you have to remove the tampered flag and lock before running the RUU
    use this tool to do both >> http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_bootloader_reset_1-0-zip/

from @nkk71 SuperGuide
    Method 2: Guru Bootloader Reset, more automated, but may freeze

adb push Guru_Bootloader_Reset_1.0.zip /data/media/

in recovery, "install zip" -> "choose zip" -> and select "Guru_Bootloader_Reset_1.0"

go through the installer and select "Remove TAMPERED" and "LOCK Bootloader"; once finished: continue with below reboot command

adb reboot bootloader

and confirm no TAMPERED and LOCKED status
    Can someone help me.. It's responding with an error 158 despite S off and changing CID back to original..
    Is it the RUU?

don't panic .. just use a different ruu
    Can someone help me.. It's responding with an error 158 despite S off and changing CID back to original..
    Is it the RUU?

ERROR [110]: FILE OPEN ERROR
    This error message indicates that the RUU lacks some specific files or they are damaged, so the RUU cannot continue with the update. You have to get the complete RUU package and try again.

ERROR [120]: MAIN BATTERY POWER
    This error message will appear when the Android phone’s battery power is not sufficient (Batter power should be more than 30%). Although RUU will instruct you to plug in the AC adapter, it will still need to make sure that your Android phone has enough power to complete the update. (The Android phone cannot charge the battery when it is connected to the PC while installing the RUU).

ERROR [130]: MODEL ID ERROR
    ERROR [131]: CUSTOMER ID ERROR
    One of these error messages will appear when you use the wrong RUU to do the update. The RUU will check if the Model ID and Language ID are compatible with the Android phone. Make sure you use the correct RUU to update.

ERROR [155~159]: IMAGE ERROR
    One of these error messages will appear when you use the incorrect RUU to update and the image file size is larger than the Flash ROM size. In this case, download the correct RUU version and try again.

ERROR [170]: USB CONNECTION ERROR
    This error message will appear when the Android phone is not correctly connected to the host PC. It might be a USB connection problem or a PC USB driver problem. Make sure the Android phone is connected to the host PC correctly and/or check if the PC driver matches the Android phone.