Surprise Surprise

Search This thread

rcandsay

Mar 15, 2011
The heat issues on this rom are being caused by the kernel running on the performance governor. Changing to interactive fixes that issue right up. Running today's build with no problems besides sound and camera.

I've looked all through the settings and cant find where to change the CPU performance. Where is it located.

eBoody

Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
I've looked all through the settings and cant find where to change the CPU performance. Where is it located.

Download trickster mod from the play store =)

I had to flash back... I didnt want to. Its amazing how smooth my phone ran

You just installed a bad GAPPS package, if im not mistaken. I installed the micro and nano, and both worked perfectly from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

zcgofaster

Dec 10, 2013
Lancaster
Wow. This is smooooooth! One question though. How do I get back into recovery? I tried to install supersu but it failed every time. In afraid to do the button method

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

OK. So I figured out the room ROM already has superuser. You have to enable it first in developer options. And this is why it runs hot...
f92ad62d48db850a306f8fbc2510b07c.jpg

Reactions: d412k5t412

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Data is now working guys..... We are very close I'm sure by the end of the weekend we will have a daily
    Better yes and that's great still not on par with the stock camera of the g3

Why can't we have one thread discussing AOSP without people, who obviously have no interest in it, coming in and flaming people who do? We get it, you all don't care about AOSP on your precious phones, that is fine. Can't you let those people who DO CARE talk about it in peace? I wouldn't walk into a restaurant serving food I didn't like and start shouting "why are you eating here? I don't like this food".. I just wouldn't go there. Please try to respect that other people have different tastes, in food and ROMs, and let us discuss what we are excited about without crapping all over every thread with this "AOSP doesn't have wifi calling, AOSP doesn't have LG apps, AOSP doesn't wipe my ass for me" nonsense. We know that, and we are still interested, if you are not, just leave us alone.
    Just so you know, I flash an alpha aosp rom about 20 minutes ago. Fastest thing I have ever seen. Completely removes all lag. Once this comes out you will all be amazed at what this phone is capable of doing.
    Apparently someone on G+ has successfully gotten CM to boot on our G3

937e8aceb2b52b36a77a76e48165070d.jpg
    Enjoy that suck ass also camera lol

^ This. The main reason I switched from the Nexus 5 to the G3 was to upgrade to the significantly better camera. Any time I've gone to CM on previous devices, including on the Nexus 5, the camera's picture quality always seems to be a noticeable downgrade from the stock ROM/camera. This reason alone is why I'll never bother with CM again.

CM is a thing of the past, in my opinion. It used to be required to really bring out the best in your phone. However, with the progression of device hardware and the decrease of bloatware from the carriers, CM just doesn't bring anything to the table anymore. Especially when you consider that as of late, the CM team takes 12+ months to develop a 100% functional (bug free) ROM for supported devices. Hell, it's been over 9 months since they started working on CM11 for the Nexus 5 and they STILL don't have a fully stable ROM available. Bluetooth streaming is still plagued with issues and many standard apps experience frequent force closes, including the camera.

I have my Nexus 5 running the latest stable CM11 build and have no problem telling you that when compared side by side, my G3 is noticeably faster in every way with just the stock ROM/kernel and some xposed tweaks. The G3 has absolutely no force closes or software hiccups and has less lag than any previous phone I've owned. Meanwhile, the Nexus 5 has at least one force close per day in normal light use. I don't understand why people get excited about CM anymore...