(ROM)carbon ROM 4.4 vs980

Search This thread

joewaz

Dec 27, 2013
Looks like the thread for the carbon ROM for the Verizon lg g2 was deleted..

Luckily I saved a copy in the cloud.. I'll post a link but keep in mind this is just a copy of what was out there already. I have had nothing to do with the dev of this ROM so please don't give me any credit for it.

Here is a link to my box folder with the ROM and gaps I believe the build is the 1-7
https://app.box.com/s/7u6oh6gpvpqg54lnjxcb

I also put a 'copy of a flashible lg remote in there...

Thanks to @t3build here is the 1-16 build https://app.box.com/s/7u6oh6gpvpqg54lnjxcb

Here is a 1/24 build. This should boot, but make sure you back up your old rom just in case. If it doesn't boot, then turn your phone off my holding the power button. Then hold both the power and volume buttons down until the LG Logo flashes, then let go and press both again until you see the factory reset screen. Once you are there, press the power button 3 times and it will take you to your recovery. Cheers

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4o7c4eh48uexei/CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140124-1024-vs980.zip
Thanks to the man :) @Mrbobrowitz

Last edited:

Mrbobrowitz

Mar 25, 2010
I probably owe you guys more of a response than I left you with.

I am a college student in my last year of classes, and the workload is pretty heavy even at the start of the semester.

I messaged the mod asking for the thread to be deleted because I didn't want to cause Carbon any bad names because my build wasn't booting.

Long story short I will still be supporting Carbon for the vs980 until the official builds come out. Be looking for that in the next couple of days, possibly even tonight if I can find time.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sent from my G2 using xda app-developers app

joewaz

Dec 27, 2013

I am a college student in my last year of classes, and the workload is pretty heavy even at the start of the semester.

I messaged the mod asking for the thread to be deleted because I didn't want to cause Carbon any bad names because my build wasn't booting.

Long story short I will still be supporting Carbon for the vs980 until the official builds come out. Be looking for that in the next couple of days, possibly even tonight if I can find time.

Let me know if you want me to take this down.

joewaz

Dec 27, 2013
When I get the ROM booting again, I will just re-post the old thread with some updated links. No worries man, I didn't know I had this big of a following honestly

Lol well there's another carbon thread in the orig dev forum that supports every g2 model besides Verizon.. I was just putting this up till he added the vs980.. Which I'm not sure if you and that other thread have anything to do with each other?

taziwac

Jan 14, 2007
When I get the ROM booting again, I will just re-post the old thread with some updated links. No worries man, I didn't know I had this big of a following honestly

Thanks for all the work you've done thus far on this, and anything you're able to squeeze in moving forward is greatly appreciated. I've got a kid in college and understand: school comes first.

New8killer

Jun 3, 2013
Euharlee
Thanks for this

Thanks for the post and thread... this was my fav 4.4 thus far. I understand school is first. If you have time and make it bootable again please post. Thanks for the work!!

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Luckily I saved a copy in the cloud.. I'll post a link but keep in mind this is just a copy of what was out there already. I have had nothing to do with the dev of this ROM so please don't give me any credit for it.

Here is a link to my box folder with the ROM and gaps

I assume this is the last bootable version. And thanks for the repost... liked this ROM

joewaz

Dec 27, 2013
Thanks for the post and thread... this was my fav 4.4 thus far. I understand school is first. If you have time and make it bootable again please post. Thanks for the work!!

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

I assume this is the last bootable version. And thanks for the repost... liked this ROM

Yes you flash it with twrp or cwm just like any ROM.

joewaz

Dec 27, 2013
Just to be clear... this is the version that had the volume issues correct? Not an issue just wondering. Thx again

I'm not too sure... I had this ROM running for a few days with no problems.. Back up what you got and give it a try and let me know..I'll update op if you let me know something.. I am just trying to provide a ROM that went missing.. I myself am running mahdi ROM at current

New8killer

Jun 3, 2013
Euharlee
will do

I'm not too sure... I had this ROM running for a few days with no problems.. Back up what you got and give it a try and let me know..I'll update op if you let me know something.. I am just trying to provide a ROM that went missing.. I myself am running mahdi ROM at current

Ok I will tonight most likely... busy now but I will keep you updated

t3project

Jun 14, 2010

Here is a link to my box folder with the ROM and gaps

the last working build can still be found in mrbobrowitz's mediafire account too. its the 1-16 build.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/y73ebb401jc1c//VS980 Carbon Nightlies

Droc1983

Feb 8, 2012

I'm a big fan of your ROM as a college student as well I understand school is most important. I tried to find a substitute for your ROM and slimkat was the closest I could find. Hope you can work on it again but if not I understand.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is a 1/24 build. This should boot, but make sure you back up your old rom just in case. If it doesn't boot, then turn your phone off my holding the power button. Then hold both the power and volume buttons down until the LG Logo flashes, then let go and press both again until you see the factory reset screen. Once you are there, press the power button 3 times and it will take you to your recovery. Cheers!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4o7c4eh48uexei/CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140124-1024-vs980.zip

First official nightly has been released for 800,802 and vs980 on carbons website if anyone was curious.

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk
    And that was the issue. Didn't know paek wouldn't flash on 12b. All fixed now.

Paek will flash on 12b but you need a Loki version of it. Its in the main Paek thread in post 896 (I believe but its around there). I got it from there and can flash paek anytime I want.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

And that was the issue. Didn't know paek wouldn't flash on 12b. All fixed now.

Made it easy on you. Paek for VZW VX980 12B https://m.app.box.com/view_shared/zvnw6pvbtoz5oi8zv2cl