Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

frettfreak

Jan 19, 2010
Apple Valley, CA
Battery life is AMAZING!!

So i put this rom on last night and messed around with it a bit. left it on, and unplugged from the charger all night and have been using it as usual (some texting, a little web browsing, noting crazy, but still its not just sitting there do nothing is my point) and the battery life on this rom is absolutely AMAZING!!!

I am at 9hours and 58 minutes since plugged in and at 93%!!!!!!!!

HERO_OVER.... YOU ARE AMAZING!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK!!!!!

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com
I am using Amon... but its the latest version (updated from the one in Toasts OP) and yes.. fully rooted.

I will try to downgrade the recovery and try it again.... I have had a problem with this ROM and a couple others.

I will report back with findings.

If you've had the issue with a couple ROMs then I'm pretty sure the problem isn't ROM-related, but rather recovery-related. I've read about people with Amon's recovery having issues

wuclan48

Jun 16, 2010
So i put this rom on last night and messed around with it a bit. left it on, and unplugged from the charger all night and have been using it as usual (some texting, a little web browsing, noting crazy, but still its not just sitting there do nothing is my point) and the battery life on this rom is absolutely AMAZING!!!

I am at 9hours and 58 minutes since plugged in and at 93%!!!!!!!!

HERO_OVER.... YOU ARE AMAZING!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK!!!!!

Two questions. One for you first. Are you just using the Rom or one of the overclock/undervolt kernels as well?

And to anyone: If you flash back to a different Rom after applying this Rom and Kernel do you have to go back to the stock Kernel or will flashing a different Rom do that automatically?

dschoenike

Jul 7, 2007
I wasnt quite sure where to ask my question, but since im using this wonderful rom, i figured you all may have the answer. :) Would removing "brembluetoothservices" and anything else related to bluetooth be bad in any way shape or form? I never have and don't plan on using bluetooth on this phone, and im trying to clean up stuff i have no need for. Its not a real issue, but info would be greatly appreciated. thx
dschoenike

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com
Two questions. One for you first. Are you just using the Rom or one of the overclock/undervolt kernels as well?

And to anyone: If you flash back to a different Rom after applying this Rom and Kernel do you have to go back to the stock Kernel or will flashing a different Rom do that automatically?

That depends on whether you wipe after flashing this ROM/custom kernel and prior to flashing a different ROM. If you wipe, you'll be on whatever the kernel is that the new ROM is using.

I'd recommend flashing whatever ROM you want, THEN (without wiping after flashing the ROM) flash the custom kernel from here.

ishehu

Nov 30, 2009
Brooklyn
Problem flashing

after wiping everything and trying to flash i get
E:Wrong digest:
system/app/Voicesearch.apk
E:verification Failed

I downloaded the file 3 times and getting the same thing can anybody help me out??

Robbie0317

Jun 15, 2010
I am 100% new to all of this..... V.7 does it include every thing from version .5 and .6 (I assume so but figured I would ask) Not too worried about Over clocking, I think the 1ghz is plenty fast enough for what I do/what. Curious about the battery life increase. How does this affect future upgrade to 2.2 (I am going to assume you have to flash a new custom ROM at that time) I want to make sure all the basic features of the phone work (Camera, E-Mail/G-Mail, accelerometer, proximity sensor, etc) Also how does this affect the Swype keyboard beta I have on there? Can I sign back in to Swype and download the beta or do I have to search on here for a file to use?

Sorry..... Just trying to figure out exactly what v.7 does before I root, wipe and flash...

Diesektor

Jun 6, 2010
J-ville
@Robbie0317 yes v.7 includes the other stuff. And just use titanium backup to save all your apps then restore when you wipe/flash

@frettfreak I'm gonna assume that you phone was is standby for almost that whole 9+ hrs?

Last edited:

NovaFox238

May 13, 2010
twitter.com
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Sup everyone.

My first time actually *trying* out this ROM. Ive flashed it before, but only to see how it ran, and what changes there were as far as looks. Is it just me or does my data seem slower? Over the network, not WiFi. I think I remembering this happen before, but I thought it was just me.

regulator207

Nov 2, 2008
I agree that I am getting significant battery life improvements with this rom. Only comparison is to fresh and stock.

J3wBaccA

Jun 12, 2010
Los Angeles
just installed this rom.. linpack scores are averaging around 6.9 MFLOPS which is way better than what I was getting before. :) no more bloatware apps which is awesome. I will report back on battery life as mine has been really bad which is the main reason I installed this. 1 request is that an updated version of the wireless tether app be included.. the one baked into this rom only includes support for adhoc. Thanks for the hard work!!

patelkedar91

Jun 20, 2010
I flashed this ROM (hopefully properly). Loving all the bloatware being gone... However, wish I could have kept Sprint Nav... it's actually good. Oh well, Google Nav works.

Anyway, I'll report back tomorrow on battery life...
Just a note... I'm keeping screen brightness all the way up. I wanted to last a whole day of use with brightness up... so high hopes for this ROM.

torremitsu

Oct 24, 2007
Colorado
Well I flashed the 114 kernal and im not boot looping but it restarts itself after a few seconds on the homescreen. Is this happening to anyone else?

imex99

Jun 30, 2008
Columbus,OH
I'm stuck on boot loop, sticking with Baked Snack V7 for now...

What's the Green Tire/Circle next to my signal bars and the time in the upper right hand of screen?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Too late bro!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!
    what PRI version does everyone have?
    Every time I try to flash V8 I get

E:Wrong digest:
    system/app/Browser.apk
    E: Verification failed

wth?

what recovery are you using? or maybe its just a bad download.
    Did you do anything special when you flashed? Are you using the latest radio/wiimax? I really like this ROM, but something seems amiss on my end with the battery drain ..

Thanks!

I have the new radios and wimax...I just wiped and flashed. I have NO task killer and I have always on data off or whatever that setting is. I'm really surprised its pretty nice for 2.2. Every other froyo rom sucked my battery dry.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    @shawnee4885

Make sure you don't have an auto task killer killing it. If you have one add that app to its exclude list.

@SYNTHAXXX

Yeah, I've had the music start playing by itself when I visit a page with the music widget. So have a few other people. Not sure why yet.