[QUESTION] Change settings icons with theme. How make it?

Search This thread

x-zes

May 26, 2011
Краснодар
Hi!
I want make new theme for LG Launcher and I want change icons in settings app (Display, Sound etc). How do this without edit LGSettings.apk and without edit LGEasySettings?

I tried add strings in \res\xml\theme_resource.xml

Example:
Code:
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.DisplaySettings" image="settings_display" />
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$DisplaySettingsActivity" image="settings_display" />
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.lge.PouchSettings" image="settings_display" />
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.lge.ScreenMode" image="settings_display" />

But icons not change (2nd screenshot), icons change only in top tittle (1st screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-03-15-00-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-03-15-00-09.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 429
  • Screenshot_2014-05-03-15-00-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-03-15-00-03.png
    251.5 KB · Views: 460

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
Hi!
I want make new theme for LG Launcher and I want change icons in settings app (Display, Sound etc). How do this without edit LGSettings.apk and without edit LGEasySettings?

I tried add strings in \res\xml\theme_resource.xml

Example:
Code:
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.DisplaySettings" image="settings_display" />
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$DisplaySettingsActivity" image="settings_display" />
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.lge.PouchSettings" image="settings_display" />
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.lge.ScreenMode" image="settings_display" />

But icons not change (2nd screenshot), icons change only in top tittle (1st screenshot)
That isn't possible with a home theme. It would be cool if you could though.
App icons change wherever they are shown including the title/action bar so that's why it changes at the top.

Questions belong in Q&A section, for future reference. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

x-zes

May 26, 2011
Краснодар
If try extract code and layouts from LGEasySettings.apk and put this code and layouts with change icons name in theme apk?

Is it possible to when apply theme with code from LGEasySettings.apk and work this from theme? In other words, insert LGEasySettings.apk in theme.

x-zes

May 26, 2011
Краснодар
I can somebody replace icons in LGEasySettings.apk and LGSettings.apk. But I want replace icons when apply my theme without edit LGEasySettings.apk and LGSettings.apk

chaki-

Apr 3, 2012
Banana Paradise
I can somebody replace icons in LGEasySettings.apk and LGSettings.apk. But I want replace icons when apply my theme without edit LGEasySettings.apk and LGSettings.apk

When it comes to mod something you got to make some ultimate changes in order to get it your way.
If you don't wanna mess around, then there is one solution: go to Hogwarts become a magician :D

Reactions: aymnga

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile

Not possible. The only way I can think to edit the pngs without editing LGEasySettings.apk and LGSettings.apk is with an xposed module.

Reactions: aymnga

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When it comes to mod something you got to make some ultimate changes in order to get it your way.
    If you don't wanna mess around, then there is one solution: go to Hogwarts become a magician :D

Not possible. The only way I can think to edit the pngs without editing LGEasySettings.apk and LGSettings.apk is with an xposed module.