(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4263mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e47fb74b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

I am s-off and originally bought an ATT M7 but I think I am running a WWE version now

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi,

Trying to install latest OTA and get this message while verifying system:
"/system/lib/libcrypto.so" has unexpected contents

Current system:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.11.1540.9
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4263mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e47fb74b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

I am s-off and originally bought an ATT M7 but I think I am running a WWE version now

5.11.1540.9 is the latest dev edition version.

1. what is the update number you are trying to install?
  2. when you go in settings --> About -->Software Information, what does it says under ROM version?

is your CID really 11111111111 ? CID is only 8 characters, even super cid, should be (8x1): 11111111 not (11x1): 11111111111

the error from the ota installation mean the file was modified so the update can't patch this file. you have to replace the file with the exact file the ota update is expecting. anyway with s-off you could simply run a ruu and then apply ota updates to latest version.

mattileblanc

Apr 13, 2014
5.11.1540.9 is the latest dev edition version.

1. what is the update number you are trying to install?
  2. when you go in settings --> About -->Software Information, what does it says under ROM version?

is your CID really 11111111111 ? CID is only 8 characters, even super cid, should be (8x1): 11111111 not (11x1): 11111111111

the error from the ota installation mean the file was modified so the update can't patch this file. you have to replace the file with the exact file the ota update is expecting. anyway with s-off you could simply run a ruu and then apply ota updates to latest version.

Hi,

My super CID is 11111111, I just typed the value because it was a dump of today when I went back to original CID (CWS_001).
My current software number is 4.19.1540.9, but I do have the newest firmware (5.11.1540.9).

When you say, simply run a RUU ,where would I find a RUU that will keep my version stock with Play Store working etc and how would I install that.
I have done several ADB and fastboot things, but I am a bit confused which is what etc..

What is a RUU exactly?
And which version should I choose. Looking at site: http://androidruu.com/?developer=M7
I don't know if the last RUU I installed was a european one or a WWE. Not sure how to find out.

Last edited:

alray

May 22, 2012
Hi,

My super CID is 11111111, I just typed the value because it was a dump of today when I went back to original CID (CWS_001).
My current software number is 4.19.1540.9, but I do have the newest firmware (5.11.1540.9).

When you say, simply run a RUU ,where would I find a RUU that will keep my version stock with Play Store working etc and how would I install that.
I have done several ADB and fastboot things, but I am a bit confused which is what etc..

well you don't really need supercid to run this version, better to use the correct one for .1540 version (BS_US001)

Code:
fastboot oem writecid BS_US001
fastboot reboot-bootloader

then run this file (ruu.exe): http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_..._10-38r-1157-04l_release_353887_signed_3-exe/

then you'll be able to apply the ota update to 5.11.1540.9

keep bootloader unlocked and s-off

btw the ruu will wipe everything on your phone, so if you have files to backup, do it before running the ruu.

.1540 is the dev edition version.

Last edited:

mattileblanc

Apr 13, 2014
well you don't really need supercid to run this version, better to use the correct one for .1540 version (BS_US001)

Code:
fastboot oem writecid BS_US001
fastboot reboot-bootloader

then run this file (ruu.exe): http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_..._10-38r-1157-04l_release_353887_signed_3-exe/

then you'll be able to apply the ota update to 5.11.1540.9

keep bootloader unlocked and s-off

btw the ruu will wipe everything on your phone, so if you have file to backup, do it before running the ruu.

Okay, I will give it a try. I reckon I will receive a new OTA message after doing the upgrade, or should I save the downloaded file? Not that I can install it with TWRP I guess?

alray

May 22, 2012
Okay, I will give it a try. I reckon I will receive a new OTA message after doing the upgrade, or should I save the downloaded file? Not that I can install it with TWRP I guess?

Yes you'll get a notification to update to latest version after running the ruu but if you don't want to re-download the ota, make a backup of the ota.zip file on your computer, you'll be able to flash it manually after running the ruu. And no you can't install ota with twrp, only with stock recovery. However the ruu will make everything back to stock (including the recovery).

mattileblanc

Apr 13, 2014
Yes you'll get a notification to update to latest version after running the ruu but if you don't want to re-download the ota, make a backup of the ota.zip file on your computer, you'll be able to flash it manually after running the ruu. And no you can't install ota with twrp, only with stock recovery. However the ruu will make everything back to stock (including the recovery).

By the way, I am on a mac:
RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_BrightstarUS_WWE_4.19.1540.9_Radio_4A.23.3263.28_10.38r.1157.04L_release_353887_signed_3.exe

is this exe actually a zip or can I somehow use the exe extension?

alray

May 22, 2012
By the way, I am on a mac:
RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_BrightstarUS_WWE_4.19.1540.9_Radio_4A.23.3263.28_10.38r.1157.04L_release_353887_signed_3.exe

is this exe actually a zip or can I somehow use the exe extension?

.exe file extension is a windows executable, not compatible with macOS

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

latest 1540 ruu.zip is a 3.22.1540.1 version, if you use that one, you'll need to do many ota updates.

there is also a 5.11.1540.9 twrp nandroid backup that I have posted in the general section

mattileblanc

Apr 13, 2014
.exe file extension is a windows executable, not compatible with macOS

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

latest 1540 ruu.zip is a 3.22.1540.1 version, if you use that one, you'll need to do many ota updates.

there is also a 5.11.1540.9 twrp nandroid backup that I have posted in the general section

I read somewhere:
Yes you can just use the Decrypted.zip Rename it to something simple like RUU.zip put it in your fastboot folder, Open a cmd prompt from that same folder. Relock the bootloader if you are s-on. Put the phone in fastboot usb mode and use these commands

Or
I do have windows virtual image on virtual box, I could probably extract it there. Hopefully there is a zip in there.

alray

May 22, 2012
I read somewhere:
Yes you can just use the Decrypted.zip Rename it to something simple like RUU.zip put it in your fastboot folder, Open a cmd prompt from that same folder. Relock the bootloader if you are s-on. Put the phone in fastboot usb mode and use these commands

Or
I do have windows virtual image on virtual box, I could probably extract it there. Hopefully there is a zip in there.

5.11.1540.9 nandroid backup made with twrp you could restore your phone with:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52704273&postcount=936

or

you can extract the rom.zip by launching the ruu.exe from windows then use the windows key + r and execute %temp%. when the window open, do a search for "rom.zip" then copy the file to your mac

Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
fastboot reboot

There is a tutorial here, use google translate (tutorial in french but you can easily understand with pictures)
http://www.phonandroid.com/forum/extraire-une-rom-zip-d-une-ruu-exe-t10104.html

btw, maybe you could use the ruu.exe directly from your virtual windows machine...

Last edited:

mattileblanc

Apr 13, 2014
5.11.1540.9 nandroid backup made with twrp you could restore your phone with:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52704273&postcount=936

or

you can extract the rom.zip by launching the ruu.exe from windows then use the windows key + r and execute %temp%. when the window open, do a search for "rom.zip" then copy the file to your mac

Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot reboot

There is a tutorial here, use google translate (tutorial in french but you can easily understand with pictures)
http://www.phonandroid.com/forum/extraire-une-rom-zip-d-une-ruu-exe-t10104.html

Thanks for all your help mate. Greatly appreciated . I am almost done downloading the RUU.
Will let you know it worked out!

mattileblanc

Apr 13, 2014
Thanks for all your help mate. Greatly appreciated . I am almost done downloading the RUU.
Will let you know it worked out!

hmmm.

Got the rom.zip from my windows VM.
Now trying to send it to phone, and I get this:
sending 'zip' (1554149 KB)...
FAILED (remote: 02 data length is too large)
finished. total time: 0.006s

Does this mean it is a corrupt rom, or should I install it from my sdcard wth TWRP?
[update] I am going to try to restore the nandroid backup now.
I am not getting any success with the rom.zip. Maybe it is corrupt.

Last edited:

alray

May 22, 2012
hmmm.

Does this mean it is a corrupt rom, or should I install it from my sdcard wth TWRP?

probably simpler to restore the nandroid indeed.

don't forget to do a factory reset right after you have restored the nandroid backup or you'll have issue with blinkfeed.

Reactions: mattileblanc

mattileblanc

Apr 13, 2014

don't forget to do a factory reset right after you have restored the nandroid backup or you'll have issue with blinkfeed.

I am getting a bit annoyed but....I can't install the nandroid zip.
I downloaded it, put it on SDCARD, went into recovery TWRP, and choose install and selected the zip.
I get a failed message, not really a descriptive message at all.

I just installed Nandroid Manager and busybox and tried to recover which booted into TWRP but then again it fails:

I:Copying file /cache/recovery/log to /cache/recovery/last_log
I:Attempt to load settings from settings file...
I:Loading settings from '/data/media/0/TWRP/.twrps'.
I:Backup folder set to '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/HT34RW915589'
I:Copying file /etc/recovery.fstab to /cache/recovery/recovery.fstab
I:Version number saved to '/cache/recovery/.version'
I:Mount: Unable to find partition for path '/external_sd'
I:Switching packages (TWRP)
I:Set page: 'action_page'
I:Script file found: '/cache/recovery/openrecoveryscript'
I:Copying file /cache/recovery/openrecoveryscript to /tmp/openrecoveryscript
Processing OpenRecoveryScript file...
I:command is: 'install' and I:value is: '/sdcard/data/5.11.1540.9 TWRP NANDROID.zip'
I:Unable to mount '/usb-otg'
I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'vfat'
Installing zip file '/sdcard/data/5.11.1540.9 TWRP NANDROID.zip'
Installing '/sdcard/data/5.11.1540.9 TWRP NANDROID.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
I:Cannot find file /sdcard/data/5.11.1540.9 TWRP NANDROID.zip.md5
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
E:Error installing zip file '/sdcard/data/5.11.1540.9 TWRP NANDROID.zip'
Done processing script file

TRying a different file now

mattileblanc

Apr 13, 2014
I am getting a bit annoyed but....I can't install the nandroid zip.
I downloaded it, put it on SDCARD, went into recovery TWRP, and choose install and selected the zip.
I get a failed message, not really a descriptive message at all.

I just installed Nandroid Manager and busybox and tried to recover which booted into TWRP but then again it fails:

I:Copying file /cache/recovery/log to /cache/recovery/last_log
I:Attempt to load settings from settings file...
I:Loading settings from '/data/media/0/TWRP/.twrps'.
I:Backup folder set to '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/HT34RW915589'
I:Copying file /etc/recovery.fstab to /cache/recovery/recovery.fstab
I:Version number saved to '/cache/recovery/.version'
I:Mount: Unable to find partition for path '/external_sd'
I:Switching packages (TWRP)
I:Set page: 'action_page'
I:Script file found: '/cache/recovery/openrecoveryscript'
I:Copying file /cache/recovery/openrecoveryscript to /tmp/openrecoveryscript
Processing OpenRecoveryScript file...
I:command is: 'install' and I:value is: '/sdcard/data/5.11.1540.9 TWRP NANDROID.zip'
Installing zip file '/sdcard/data/5.11.1540.9 TWRP NANDROID.zip'
Installing '/sdcard/data/5.11.1540.9 TWRP NANDROID.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
I:Cannot find file /sdcard/data/5.11.1540.9 TWRP NANDROID.zip.md5
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
E:Error installing zip file '/sdcard/data/5.11.1540.9 TWRP NANDROID.zip'
Done processing script file

TRying a different file now

Okay, different file gives same error. Is there something wrong with my TWRP 2.6.3.3?
I also tried CWM Recover. Same issue, doesnt like the zip. I have no idea what is causing this.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Okay, different file gives same error. Is there something wrong with my TWRP 2.6.3.3?
I also tried CWM Recover. Same issue, doesnt like the zip. I have no idea what is causing this.

it's a twrp nandroid backup, you cannot "install" that

extract the zip on your PC and it should give you a folder

place that folder in /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/HT34RW915589/ and then select restore in twrp recovery

mattileblanc

Apr 13, 2014

Okay, sorry about that. Most things I install with TWRP are zip files, so that was obvious for me.
Putting the folder in the TWRP/backups/ folder didnt; work. I made a new small backup myself and then overwritten the files with the ones from the zip. Recovery worked and I am now running Sense 6.

Thanks guys, both of you!

Last edited:

alray

May 22, 2012
Okay, sorry about that. Most thinks I install with TWRP are zip files, so that was obvious for me.
Putting the folder in the TWRP/backups/ folder didnt; work. I made a new small backuo myself and then overwritten the files with the onces from the zip. Recovery worked and I am now running Sense 6.

exactly, you have to make a "fake" backup first to generate the backup path from twrp and then place the nandroid backup you want to restore in this path, overwriting the "fake" backup, like you did.

now that your issue is solved, could you please edit your first post and add [solved] to your thread title? thanks. (click "edit/delete" then "go advanced")

mattileblanc

Apr 13, 2014
exactly, you have to make a "fake" backup first to generate the backup path from twrp and then place the nandroid backup you want to restore in this path, overwriting the "fake" backup, like you did.

now that your issue is solved, could you please edit your first post and add [solved] to your thread title? thanks. (click "edit/delete" then "go advanced")

Hi alray,

You might have received the OTA for 4.4.3 from HTC too. Can you advice me where to get the stock recovery so that I can install the OTA and then revert back to TWRP?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hmmm.

it's a twrp nandroid backup, you cannot "install" that

extract the zip on your PC and it should give you a folder

place that folder in /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/HT34RW915589/ and then select restore in twrp recovery
    Okay, sorry about that. Most thinks I install with TWRP are zip files, so that was obvious for me.
    Putting the folder in the TWRP/backups/ folder didnt; work. I made a new small backuo myself and then overwritten the files with the onces from the zip. Recovery worked and I am now running Sense 6.