[Q] ROM flash failed. Can't do anything

Search This thread

Stephen588

Jun 29, 2014
I was using 4EXT to flash CM 10 onto my phone. Rooted, backup up everything with Titanium. Bootloader is unlocked, S-on because I don't have a Unbuntu machine.

I made a backup of the stock rom but also have a downloaded copy just in case. Reflash seemed to go fine however on reboot the Cyanogenmod logo just sits there and spins. After 15 minutes, I removed the battery and tried to reboot again with the same results.

I don't know what I did wrong but it looks like I can't even restore the original rom now from within 4ext. Says there are no backups. When I try to install from sdcard, 4ext only sees the /4ext directory and no zip files inside it.

I do have ADB/Fastboot and can connect to the phone. I pushed the original rom into the /4ext directory but 4ext still does not see a zip file from recovery.

I'm stumped as to how to even get the original rom back into the phone now.

rdar_93

Aug 8, 2012
I was using 4EXT to flash CM 10 onto my phone. Rooted, backup up everything with Titanium. Bootloader is unlocked, S-on because I don't have a Unbuntu machine.

I made a backup of the stock rom but also have a downloaded copy just in case. Reflash seemed to go fine however on reboot the Cyanogenmod logo just sits there and spins. After 15 minutes, I removed the battery and tried to reboot again with the same results.

I don't know what I did wrong but it looks like I can't even restore the original rom now from within 4ext. Says there are no backups. When I try to install from sdcard, 4ext only sees the /4ext directory and no zip files inside it.

I do have ADB/Fastboot and can connect to the phone. I pushed the original rom into the /4ext directory but 4ext still does not see a zip file from recovery.

I'm stumped as to how to even get the original rom back into the phone now.

This is a common problem most people on here have with this device because HTC is much more complex than other devices by requiring S-OFF and SuperCID and Unlocked bootloader etc.

Go to this thread, it will help you recover your device to GB (assuming that you don't have T-mobile ICS because you're S-ON)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2279289

I too had this exact same problem within the first month of owning my Amaze. Keep a strong spirit, once you follow the International Amaze to T-Mobile ICS guide you'll be able to flash any rom.