Finger print scanner - where can I get new hardware?

Search This thread

dude772

Aug 6, 2010
Ok, so I bought my third Atrix today. This one is for a friend of mine. When I picked it up the only thing that seemed to not work is the finger print scanner. I did everything I could think of software wise to get it to work with no success.

I came to the conclusion that it must be a hardware issue. I tore mine apart and the "new" one swapped my known good scanner in and works with no issues.

I looked on ebay found nothing but housings. Does anyone know where I can find a scanner, or does anyone have a parts phone that they can sell me a good one for a fair price?

Enkidu1978

Mar 5, 2012
I have also tried to search for parts, the only place that seems to sell some parts are globaldirectparts maybe worth sending them an email.

dude772

Aug 6, 2010
thank you for posting something I can use. I tried searching for a while and all I could find were links to roms that didn't support the scanner.

In my efforts to get the phone rooted and ready for use the volume down button also stopped working for no real reason. So now I am stuck.

Ciloteille

Nov 30, 2010
Portland
Flash touch recovery, and flash a Tom that supports a fp scanner. And all Tom's arebrooted now anyways. So that should get you rolling

Sarave1722

Mar 24, 2012
Most of the ATRIX wont work on normal usage mine too had prob...try after restarting ur ATRIX after reboot go to finger print lock an try it..
Sent from my MB860 using XDA

dude772

Aug 6, 2010
Most of the ATRIX wont work on normal usage mine too had prob...try after restarting ur ATRIX after reboot go to finger print lock an try it..
Sent from my MB860 using XDA

I dont know if you read the origonal post. But i swapped the sensor with another to prove it was the issue. I need a new sensor not a software issue.

And cnn.cn didn't have anything listed. I checked already.

Moonshield

Sep 19, 2009
Hey there,
Here is a suggestion, try looking for Atrix that suffer from Hard bricks and tare use them as spare parts for you own 2.
They shouldn't cost to much, and I guess you could find some on ebay.
:cool:

dude772

Aug 6, 2010
Hey there,
Here is a suggestion, try looking for Atrix that suffer from Hard bricks and tare use them as spare parts for you own 2.
They shouldn't cost to much, and I guess you could find some on ebay.
:cool:

Yes, I have tried this already once. I ended up fixing what was wrong with the phone that was supposed to be for parts.

I ordered another one now that has no way in hell of being repairable(cost more than the last one that got repaired). So the goal is to swap the logic board into the new one and save the rest for a rainy day.

This will be my 5th atrix

1. was lost to a cab driver
2. is going strong
3. is the dud that needs work (bought for a friend)
4. is the parts phone that is now the nicest one and repaired (keep around as a backup/ loner)
5. is on its way to complete 3

Good thing I bought the screen protector with a lifetime warranty ;).

Top Liked Posts